• Advertisement

Danny Phantom (Show Discussion)

Steel Sponge

Spoiler
Spoiler
More Pleasant? Your kidding. right?

At least they don't hate on more for loving the best shows EVER

You know what? Fuck this place. I'm out.

I don't apprehend 915955.png. On tv.com, you reacted to the thoughts of others with much more ease. Besides, people are encouraged to divulge their judgments. You'll have to accept the fact no two are inseparable. If not, maybe you'll realize as you mature.

I love Danny Phantom, it was another fantastic show created by Butch Hartman. That guy hasn't produced any new show on Nick in a while though. 49943.gif Maybe its because he's hibernating after seeing some people bash the new FOP episodes so much.

To me Danny Phantom should have kept running a lot longer and get new seasons and episodes, Vlad was a great villain. Then again maybe it did end at the right time since shows these days have been known to suck if they go on for too long and keep getting new episodes and seasons. I just wish Nick would still air reruns, these days I never even see Drake and Josh and Jimmy Neutron reruns anymore.

Mildly delved into my love for this show in the FOP thread, so I thought I might as well post my thoughts here more than two years since the last post.

So yeah, loved this show. Thought it was one of the better Nicktoons of it's time, it only got better as the show went on and honestly, I think it's Butch Hartman's best piece of work. Better than the "good old" FOP episodes, even. It was creative, had likeable characters, had great action, a unique and clever (and better) sense of humor than Butch's other shows and an overall better story that actually had some sense of continuity, even spawning some story arcs that were scattered in-between. I was disappointed when it ended but knowing that it went off on a high note and tied up some loose ends (more or less) was more than enough to keep me satisfied. But srsly, if Butch wants to put in so much time and effort into bringing back one of his shows, leave FOP the fuck alone and try to salvage what you left Danny Phantom off at. With enough creativity, they can easily pick up where they left off with some good story lines.

Danny Phantom was an underrated gem. I probably should have had this somewhere on my Top 50 show countdown in retrospect. While I enjoyed FOP more in the long run, Danny Phantom was more consistent and ended perfectly.

I love this show! It was one of my favorites and I remember I used to have a major crush on Danny :P . I always used to favor the Ultimate Enemy episode (one of the best episode specials I have ever seen) What I don't understand is why Nick would cancel this show when it was in its prime and leave it with some plotlines unfinished. I totally think this would be worth bringing back than FOP for the second time.

I know I'm bumping a five year old thread but I could care less. I just started watching this show after an interest in it and my cousin being pretty into it and him telling me to watch it, which I put it off until around Halloween just for the atmosphere. I love this show already. I love it's characters, it's atmosphere, and it's humor and action, and I'm glad it's getting a bit of a fan following. 

On 02.10.2017 at 10:05 PM, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Great show, but the second Steve Marmel left, it fell off HARD. Season 3 is one of the worst squanderings of potential I've ever seen from a show with so much. 

I feel like I'm in the minority who liked season 3. It was definitely rushed but I liked the conclusion.