• Advertisement

One World Trade Center (And New World Trade Center)

Ron

The premier building in the new World Trade Center complex is Freedom Tower (1WTC).

188447565628709839_AqpTBLga_f.jpg

The skyscraper is expected to be completed in early 2013, and is already over half full in terms of tenants.

188447565628595894_mcqT3CtO_f.jpg

The building will stand at an iconic 1,776 feet, making it the third tallest building in the world. At 104 floors, it is six floors below the original Twin Towers, but still a mammoth of a building. Because Freedom Tower is going to be a terrorist target right off the bat, advanced tactics have been put into play and engineers of the tower say that it can withstand an airliner going through it like the Twin Towers did, but not collapse. With the way the floors, core of the building, and outside support are designed, Freedom Tower will be able to withstand a large earthquake (should a big one ever hit New York), heavy winds, as well as an airplane.

188447565628596322_RSfZdGK5_f.jpg

No doubt the tower will become an icon in America, as a symbol of America's persevering economy. The complex will eventually consist of seven towers.

Two World Trade Center:

Tower22.jpg

Three World Trade Center:

AAGAAR03-01.jpg

Four World Trade Center (Completed):

215px-4wtcrendering.png

Five World Trade Center:

3184339332_076cc9a410_o.jpg

Six World Trade Center:

Future building designed by Frank Gehry

Seven World Trade Center (Completed):

450px-Wtc7-lookingup.jpg

At this point, only 7WTC, 4WTC, and 1WTC will be completed. To my knowledge, all other processes on the other buildings have been halted due to lack of tenants. What are your thoughts on these new buildings? I think they're all gorgeous and would absolutely love to work in one of them. These usher in a new age in American engineering. Thoughts?

Seven world trade centers? Didn't know that. I have heard about the 2013 release date of the Skyscraper though and I am definitely interested in seeing the final results.

I don't know how that would happen, considering right now, New York as a city has a surplus and funding has been provided entirely by Port Authority and private donators, which would have no affect on government.