• Advertisement

128b. Stuck In The Wringer

Young Nug

Written by Zeus Cervas, Sean Charmatz, and Derek Iversen

Summary: Spongebob gets stuck in his wringer during his morning routine and has to adjust to life with this impediment.

Don't want to go in depth with this. I'll just say that it's bad and leave it at that. It's moral is stupid, Patrick is degenerated into a total idiot, the episode serves as a means to be jerky to Spongebob and the jokes weren't timed very well.

The high points of the episode would be seeing Weenie Hut Jr's again, the Forever Glue joke, and the carnival scene. The rest of the episode is pretty flat and boring, though. 6/10.

Maybe I'm just a Negative Nancy, though. Your thoughts on the episode?

• Like 2

^ kind of the same thoughts on a few of your notes. First off, the moral of the episode is, "crying does help". Wow. Why did they have to say that? 6/10.

As for this episode (And most of the show), I'm tired of SB and Patrick getting away with stuff. Whether it's something like Mrs. Puff losing her ability to puff or terrorizing their neighbor to the point where he signs a restraining order, it kind of irritates me now.

Noone seems to comment on Season 7 very much. >.>

Dont' compare every episode like it should be as good as Pre Movie, judge it by its own merits.

But honestly, this is one of the reasons I only watched this Season to see the episodes.

I usually don't like to watch this season, it was just too disappointing and uck.

Grade: 60%

At first, I thought they were just playing around and using that stupid moral as a joke.

But the platonic way in which SpongeBob turns to the screen (like he's freaking Dora) and says it makes me think they were trying to convey a message.

A stupid one.

• Like 1

Not bad as A Pal for Gary but It's a bad episode and It's one of the worst season 7 episodes. A few parts like SpongeBob damaging Krusty Krabs were funny but this episode was very stupid and I really hated Patrick in this episode because he glued the wringer after SpongeBob got stuck in the wringer. One of the Bikini Bottomies said "You know, kid, your body isn't the problem. It's your heart. You deserve what you've gotten" to SpongeBob after SpongeBob yelled at Patrick. Then I said "WHAT?". SpongeBob didn't deserve to get stuck in the wringer and Patrick is the reason why SpongeBob got stuck in the wringer. Also this episode gave a bad message to kids. "Crying solves your problems.". I said "WHAT" again. Crying doesn't solve your problems. I really hate this episode and I don't recommend this episode but I would rather watch this episode than A Pal for Gary. 3.5/10

• Like 1

Okay this is one of my least favorite episodes ever. It's pure hate and abuse toward SpongeBob. How the heck are we suppose to root for Patrick when he gets "hurt" by SpongeBob? Patrick needed to get kicked in the skull to realize how idiotic and rude he was to basically handicap poor SpongeBob. There's a line between stupid things Patrick does and just being a babbling idiot. Have I ever described my pure frustration for Patrick in S7 to present? Don't get me started. :P Yes as I remember, did feel bad for SB at the end. But did the citizens at the carnival really need to tell SpongeBob he was wrong for yelling? Oh really? SpongeBob deserved to get a black eye, be viciously tossed out of a ride, yelled at his boss because of his handicap, ruined his only job and not being able to eat and eventually will starve to death because the wringer is stuck on his throat? Yeah okay you sick people, you don't know nothing of what happened. You just wanted to see a "street fight" as some of you said.

For goodness sake, Patrick should have been the one yelled at! If they at least did that the episode wouldn't be as cringe worthy as it already is. You think Patrick being the loyal friend he is would at least have the common sense to take SB to a hospital. Or for goodness sake SpongeBob, you should have done so yourself. The plain hospital part aside, I commend Patrick for trying to cheer SpongeBob up with ice cream and what not.

The scene where Squidward's eyes fall off is by far the grossest scene in the show. Worse than the toenail even. The end of the episode was so rushed and barely made sense. Yes, they're underwater and illogical stuff happens from time to time like fire and etc. But those stuff are for fun and they don't really have anything to do with the plot. SpongeBob being able to easily get out from a single tear is ridiculous. If you want to see a good SpongeBob scene where they actually use a tear to save a character and it makes sense, see the Shell City part of the movie. The only remotely funny part in the whole episode I can remember is when Patrick is like. "Oh common when is the carnival ever in town"? And a sign says the carnival is always here. Oh and they did the "don't drop the soap" joke terribly here if that was their aim. Gary Takes A Bath's prison joke was more tamed than this.

Bad Squidward abuse, take notes on this episode.

2/10

• Like 1

My least favorite episode there's almost nothing redeemable in this episode Patrick is so stupid in this episode but I felt bad for what SpongeBob went through and the townspeople are really wrong SpongeBob didn't derserve what but the only good things where that SpongeBob personality was not bad and the ending was sorta funny but this is the worst SB episode of all time

1/10

I think this episode PROBABLY marks the PEAK of Patrick's stupidity, insofar as Patrick CONSISTENTLY made Spongebob's situation WORSE at every turn! o.o Even if he didn't MEAN to, that STILL didn't make it all right! :rolleyes: And while the situation probably COULD'VE been remedied if Spongebob just WENT to the hospital, or even BETTER, Patrick TOOK him to the hospital, that STILL doesn't justify the towns fish yelling at Spongebob, after Spongebob RIGHTFULLY yelled at Patrick for being SO boneheaded towards his predicament! Now, Spongebob eventually got OUT of his wringer, in what could PROBABLY be considered a typical "Spongebob Squarepants" fashion, but then they had to go and RUIN it with the stupid BRICK joke of both Spongebob AND Patrick getting stuck in a wringer! I'd give the episode a 1.5 out of 10 at best, and even THAT'S being generous! Enough said!