• Advertisement

027a. Prehibernation Week

JCM

I really love the episode as it has great music and great humor! I especially love how in the middle, the plot suddenly shifts from Sandy forcing SpongeBob to do extreme sports to Sandy forcing all of Bikini Bottom to search for SpongeBob when he goes missing. Both are surprisingly very well-paced too.

All in all, a terrific episode!

The Pros: The music, The jokes (Uhh... I can explain, Gold Team Rules, Who are you people?!)

The Cons: Sandy's performance. I absoluetly hated Sandy in this episode. She was good for the first beginning, but when she presses that button that cuts off SpongeBob's sleep time, she's pressing the same button that brings her downhill. The next couple of minutes are alright, but it's just when SpongeBob and Sandy are falling after going through the industrial park, Sandy can definatly see SpongeBob is in horrible pain, but yeah mistakes that for fun. She doesn't even question him that he might not being having fun when SpongeBob melts after landing. I know you can argue that because of the amount of fun Sandy is having, she might not have noticed, but come on, she witnessed SpongeBob screaming in augeny. That's no excuse. She then goes ahead and does the same thing to the towns people and then starts destroying the town looking for SpongeBob. Doesn't she even consider the fact that SpongeBob ran away because she was being too tough on him.

This is a meh episode for me. If it wasn't for the pros, this would be a bad episode and one of the two black holes in my favourite season.

I can see why people talked about pre-movie episodes being more liked just because they are pre-movie. Squirrel Record is a rip-off of this, yet people don't consider that Sandy was flanderized. She went through a dangerous park.