• Advertisement

011b. Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost

ClassicNickelodeon Fan 1

This is around a solid B and a 7.3/10 in my opinion.

But it did have awesome parts in it

"One watermelon-"DOOGF"-from blah blah blah, your Highness!!"

"You're BALD?!?"

"And tell all your friends to go home!" "Go home"

But Squidward is kind of bossy in the....Oh wait, the episode IS called 'Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost'

I actually love this episode. It's funny, interesting and dark. And this is one of the episodes that you never expected to be on a kid show. Squidward pretending to be a ghost is a very good idea and It is funny that SpongeBob and Patrick wants to put Squidward to rest. There are more funny moments in this episode too. Patrick giving Squidward's wax statue a CPR is very funny. Patrick giving Squidward a watermelon cracked me up. Squidward throwing the pie in Patrick's face is hilarious. Squidward ordering SpongeBob and Patrick to clean up the mess in his back room and then SpongeBob tearing the wallpaper of and getting rid of the mess is a very funny and clever joke. The ending of this episode is hilarious. Also some of the quotes in this episode made me laugh. Overall, this episode is perfect. 10/10

Squidward saying "No, I'm not bald- I'm ALIVE!" really touches me- I think most fans forget what a softie/ sweetie Squiddy is on the inside and this episode really shows that. Squidward's a lot like myself in that we both act bossy and like jerks but we really do care about our friends. We care more about ourselves sure, but in the end, we have softer parts of our personalities and when we screw something up we come round to apologise like at the end of this episode where Squidward explains he's alive. He went a bit too far with the whole "elaborate song" thing but we all go too far sometimes and this is his faux pas which karma pays back afterwards when his bubble reaches above the water to where I think there were seagulls.

Edited by DiabolicalGenius2016
  • Like 1

I realize I was the last person to post in this topic, but lately I have been rewatching the episodes again all the way from the pilot and I'm not even going to miss a single episode whether or not I've posted in it before!

Anyway, Squiddy has a hard shell which he keeps up when he plays with SpongeBob and Patrick even though he doesn't like to call it "playing" and in this episode he decides to annoy THEM for a change- after all, if they're annoying him all the time, why doesn't he deserve a chance?

He takes it a little too far when he asks SpongeBob to play him a song on the napkin, and I think SpongeBob secretly (even to himself) wanted to PUNISH Squidward for doing that to him by sending him up to the great beyond.

I don't think SpongeBob is stupid enough to think Squidward's really DEAD and is using that as an excuse to send him up to where the seagulls are. I mean, what sort of barnaclebrain thinks that the great beyond is really UP there? Don't they know that that's where the land is? Don't they know from Sandy's Rocket that there is more above them than just The Great Beyond? Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll end it here.

10/10!!!

This is a surprisingly nice episode, for season 1 which is a bit weaker, everything hits with the jokes like telling Squidward to get into a coffin or having him float up to land in the ending and he gets his just desserts for essentially treating SpongeBob and Patrick like slaves, thus making the somewhat darker jokes funny even though the context isnt close to Nasty Patty in how dark the jokes become. This is a solid episode and while I'm not as high on it as I was in the past, this does have a special place as one of my absolute favorites when I was a kid.

• Thanks 1