• Advertisement

058b. Plankton's Army

JCM

Pretty good Season 3 outing. Was this the closest Plankton had come to getting the secret formula before the movie?

That, Plankton!, Bucket Sweet Bucket, and Jailbreak are what I think happen to be the closest he's gotten

This episode is underappreciated and It needs more love. Seriously, I love this episode so much. It's classic just like It's partner. It's even on my top 15 SpongeBob episodes. This episode is not just one of the best episodes, It's also my favorite Plankton-themed episode EVER!!! I have many reasons why this episode is amazing. The idea of Plankton and his relatives working together to steal the formula is very creative. The plot was very enjoyable and I didn't get bored when I watched this episode. I liked that SpongeBob only appeared in two parts in this episode. Even though he is the main character in this show and he is my favorite character, he doesn't need to appear in many scnees in every episode. It was great seeing Plankton's relatives in this episode and we learned more about them. The twist with Plankton's relatives being rednecks was great and very funny. This episode is also hilarious. I laughed at many parts in this episode. Almost every character in this episode was very funny, especially Karen. I couldn't stop laughing at Karen showing Plankton's first name "SHELDON" on the screen and I laughed how Plankton reacted when he saw his first name on the screen. Plankton asking Mr. Krabs nicely to get the formula and Mr. Krabs saying "No!" was funny. The parts with Plankton getting squashed was hilarious. Clem, one of Plankton's cousins, introducing the other family members to Plankton was funny. Plankton saying "I have the restaurant surrounded. Give me the secret formula or I'll destroy the Krusty Krab!", then Mr. Krabs saying "Ah, you and what army, bug?", then Plankton saying "What army? What army?! Look around you, Krabs!", then Mr. Krabs saying "You planted grass?" and then Plankton and his relatives laughing at him was very funny. The most important ingredient of the fake formula being Plankton and hen Plankton running back to Chum Bucket cracked me yup. Squdward's final line in this episode was funny too. I gave this episode 10/10.

This and The Algae's Always Greener were the only Plankton-centric episodes in Season 3, and both focused more on developing Plankton's character and less on having him go out and try to steal the formula once again. He does hatch a plot in this episode and attempt to carry it out, as the commercials promised, but a good majority of it was dedicated to Plankton reflecting on his many failures and getting to know his extended family. Speaking of that, the hillbilly jokes got many a guffaw out of this proud Southerner. They're completely inaccurate, of course, except for the stuff about root beer. I loves me some root beer.

What was I talking about? Oh, right. The episode. It was funny and well-written, and that's really all I have to say about it.

I really like this episode. I did find it kinda funny that all of Plankton's cousins were stereotypical Southern rednecks TBH. Same thing goes with the phony secret formula and the Sheldon gag. I also find it interesting how SpongeBob barely makes an appearance and how Plankton's cousins are able to form an ear to hear the tumbler to Mr. Krabs' safe. :P OK, good episode, bye.

Final score: 9/10

4 hours ago, Plankton said:

If only Krabs hadn't pranked me with that hedonistic lie of an ingredient, this would have been my triumph!

Grade: D 3/4

Honestly, this is the best episode ever. So many laughs and you were awesome in the episode. You were so close to get that formula omfg.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++