• Advertisement

Kingdom Hearts

terminoob

Woweewowow!!! ?
I have a couple thoughts on the trailer...
1) Kinda looking forward to the Frozen world now. Before I was kinda reluctant to the idea but now, I'm totally game for it.
2) That Ratatouille moment is adorable as hell! If that's more than what appears to be a Summon then I'll squeal with joy!
3) Welp...Gummi ships are back, or whatever. Shame, tbh.
4) Also, I'm lowkey not interested in the new song. I mean, idk, it just feels different.
5) LARXENE!!!! YASS GURL SLAY THAT ICE QUEEN!
6) I love Hayner and Riku's outfits. They just really suit them. Might be a bit iffy on Sora's still but then again I miss the Mickey Mouse-esque color palette of the first KH.

And, yeah, the date's been pushed in January, so...shame, but the game will totally be worth it.

Only ONE complaint; did they really HAVE to include a "Tangled" world?! :rolleyes: Why couldn't they do something different and daring, like give us a world based on "The Black Cauldron", or a world based on "Atlantis: the Lost Empire"?! o.o Disney's more obscure animated films need some love to, you know! All the other worlds look great, so I'm REALLY hoping the "Tangled" world is just an optional one, because the rest of the game is looking pretty great! :D

5 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Only ONE complaint; did they really HAVE to include a "Tangled" world?! :rolleyes: Why couldn't they do something different and daring, like give us a world based on "The Black Cauldron", or a world based on "Atlantis: the Lost Empire"?! o.o Disney's more obscure animated films need some love to, you know! All the other worlds look great, so I'm REALLY hoping the "Tangled" world is just an optional one, because the rest of the game is looking pretty great! :D

Honestly, I don't think the inclusion of the Kingdom of Corona is that bad (and alongside the Monsters world and San Fransokyo, I think it'll be a firm favorite of mine). It's at least part of the trend of the game's inclusion of newer Disney movies (Tangled, Frozen, BH6, Pirates sequels). Inclusion of the more obscure films sounds interesting, but you'd have to consider that fact that a literal majority of players wouldn't even know what the hell the world is from or care enough about it if the general consensus of such films is of any indication.  A Pocahontas world would've been cool though; then again, I don't think that's as badly received as Cauldron or as forgotten as Atlantis so it probably goes against the point.

Lookie lookie at these goodies!

ddY7HzU.jpg

I went out and used my store credit to help purchase a copy of Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Dual-Blaster Sora POP; I got a free goodie bag with the stuff on the left for having purchased the POP figure and am currently sitting with KH3 running on my PS4 ready for me to play!

Ooh, I'm so excited, y'all!

I managed to beat the game and it was well worth the wait. KH3 was a lot of fun and it brought a great conclusion to the Xeahnort arc. The worlds were all great too, though my one complaint was that with how vast they all were, it was easy to get lost. The graphics were really amazing to look at as well such as the Tangled climax, "Let It Go", and the Pirates cutscenes. And I guess another gripe I have is that there weren't any Final Fantasy characters.

And the twist during the epilogue totally caught me off guard, I practically screamed.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait another 15 years for the next game.

Finally finished the game myself, making sure I had all 90 Lucky Emblems found so I could get that Gold trophy and see the secret movie. Overall, I fell in love with the experience, and it was everything I'd expected from the game and more.

Thoughts on each world (which I'll put in a spoiler cuz why not?):

Spoiler

Olympus - Ohhhhhh thank god this world has no more tournament things! I did think there'd be more of an emphasis on Olympus itself as opposed to Athens despite the former being where the boss battle is but I think it also kinda worked because of the fact that it's basically meant to get Sora - and/or us - into the basics again, I guess? The colors used on Olympus are absolutely stunning.

Twilight Town - Not much to say since they really dwarfed the hell out of this world. Not that it was necessarily a major world based on how the story for the world was pretty much over once it started, so uh...not much to go on. If I missed anything from the KH2 version it was the ability to explore more of the town outside of the central part and the mansion. All the Ratatouille-based stuff (basically the cooking mini-games and Remy's teeny little plot) were fun and enjoyable, although some of the cooking mini-games can take some getting used to.

Toy Box -  Perhaps a firm favorite, especially in terms of story. For the first Pixar world in the game ever, based on the chronology of course, it did not disappoint. I'm surprised at how Square Enix got all tongue-in-cheek with some cameos and stuff even if I don't play Final Fantasy or any other of their titles but just have minor knowledge of the fact. Still iffy on the toy designs even if I got used to them, and I dunno about the bot controls. But all of that is outweighed in how amazing Woody and Buzz are in the story for the world.

Kingdom of Corona - Little disappointed in this world story-wise, to be honest. I feel as if it was played too safe and they stuck too true to the source material. I mean, it got the the point where cutscenes were basically mimicking the movie frame for frame and it annoyed me a little bit. Major props have to go to the Mother Gothel design because she looked great. And the dancing mini-game is really really fun; I smiled when playing it as part of the story and plan on coming back to it to play it again.

Monstropolis – Monstropolis as a name is…misleading. Rather I’d honestly argue it should be called “Monsters Inc.” purely because of the fact that the world doesn’t go anywhere beyond the factory itself. It’s nice to see another Pixar world, and that this takes place after the 2001 movie, but…the plot is basically “we need to get Boo from A to B” and it got to a point where I felt like Mike and Sulley were saying the same thing over and over in the story relating to that plot. And I dunno…the world also looks kind of dull and boring with what its factory/power plant emphasis? One thing that really stood out here though was the little Vanitas bit, and kudos to the game for having Sulley and Mike make a valid contribution to thwarting him from taking Ventus from Sora.

Arendelle – A very very meh world. For similar reasons as to why Montropolis comes off as dull, Arendelle is just snowy landscapes, which, yes, are lovely, but no, aren’t quite exciting. Also a little disheartened by the inability to enter Elsa’s Ice Palace (which I was lowkey excited about). And the one thing I really didn’t like was the fact that they shoehorned in two of the songs from the original movie. I mean, I suppose I get Let It Go so I could let that one slide, but Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? Really? Also that song didn’t work as well with Anna telling her tale over the lyrics; everything meshed in an ugly fashion. And similarly to Corona, they played it safe when staying true to the movie’s plot (although I’ll give them credit that Sora and Co. felt more integrated here than they did in Corona). I mean…Hans doesn’t even speak, and overall I’d consider him unnecessary if they just integrated Larxene a little more, who, by the way, is a treasure as always.

The Caribbean – Perhaps my favorite world in terms of actual gameplay, since I literally took my time exploring all the islands and locations I could before going off to the final boss battle in the world. The plot…I’m indifferent to, only since I can’t remember liking the third Pirates movie as much as the first two, but all the stuff with Luxord was really entertaining. I must admit, in spite of loving this world dearly, it’s also quite…derivative? There was a secondary reason as to why I enjoyed it and that would be due to its strikingly similar feel to that of Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, with what all the ship manoeuvring, upgrading the ship, and even going underwater. Speaking of, the swimming mechanics are wonderful, even if fighting’s a bit iffy under the sea.

San Fransokyo – I…liked the world, and I love Big Hero 6, but…this world felt like a bit of a letdown only in the aspect that it’s structured in such a way where it’s just one big city and then a garage that has nothing more than a save point and Moogle Shop. Not necessarily a complaint though, since I did like the world all in all. Can’t remember much of the plot in spite of how recent I was playing it but yeah. Exploring this world should be fun once I get to it, though. Also gives me some Watch_Dogs vibes experience-wise.

Keyblade Graveyard et. Al. – All beautiful, all stunning and the story was so satisfying here I was literally on the edge of my bed, frequently on the verge of tears over the reunions and some of the deaths featured.

And ooooooooh I was not expecting that epilogue. But yet in a way, I guess it makes some sense now, when you look at the similarities? And I've nary a clue what the secret movie means. I need to know more on both accounts dangit!

And I know quite a few people complained about the lack of Final Fantasy characters, but...I'm not complaining about that. Sure I don't play any non-KH Square Enix titles so it's not like I could, but it wasn't like they play a fundamental part in the story in comparison to the literal army of characters original to this series that we've got to keep track of. I'd take that over FF cameos anyday, bias or no bias.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, The Little Mermaid said:

Finally finished the game myself, making sure I had all 90 Lucky Emblems found so I could get that Gold trophy and see the secret movie. Overall, I fell in love with the experience, and it was everything I'd expected from the game and more.

Thoughts on each world (which I'll put in a spoiler cuz why not?):

Hide contents

Olympus - Ohhhhhh thank god this world has no more tournament things! I did think there'd be more of an emphasis on Olympus itself as opposed to Athens despite the former being where the boss battle is but I think it also kinda worked because of the fact that it's basically meant to get Sora - and/or us - into the basics again, I guess? The colors used on Olympus are absolutely stunning.

Twilight Town - Not much to say since they really dwarfed the hell out of this world. Not that it was necessarily a major world based on how the story for the world was pretty much over once it started, so uh...not much to go on. If I missed anything from the KH2 version it was the ability to explore more of the town outside of the central part and the mansion. All the Ratatouille-based stuff (basically the cooking mini-games and Remy's teeny little plot) were fun and enjoyable, although some of the cooking mini-games can take some getting used to.

Toy Box -  Perhaps a firm favorite, especially in terms of story. For the first Pixar world in the game ever, based on the chronology of course, it did not disappoint. I'm surprised at how Square Enix got all tongue-in-cheek with some cameos and stuff even if I don't play Final Fantasy or any other of their titles but just have minor knowledge of the fact. Still iffy on the toy designs even if I got used to them, and I dunno about the bot controls. But all of that is outweighed in how amazing Woody and Buzz are in the story for the world.

Kingdom of Corona - Little disappointed in this world story-wise, to be honest. I feel as if it was played too safe and they stuck too true to the source material. I mean, it got the the point where cutscenes were basically mimicking the movie frame for frame and it annoyed me a little bit. Major props have to go to the Mother Gothel design because she looked great. And the dancing mini-game is really really fun; I smiled when playing it as part of the story and plan on coming back to it to play it again.

Monstropolis – Monstropolis as a name is…misleading. Rather I’d honestly argue it should be called “Monsters Inc.” purely because of the fact that the world doesn’t go anywhere beyond the factory itself. It’s nice to see another Pixar world, and that this takes place after the 2001 movie, but…the plot is basically “we need to get Boo from A to B” and it got to a point where I felt like Mike and Sulley were saying the same thing over and over in the story relating to that plot. And I dunno…the world also looks kind of dull and boring with what its factory/power plant emphasis? One thing that really stood out here though was the little Vanitas bit, and kudos to the game for having Sulley and Mike make a valid contribution to thwarting him from taking Ventus from Sora.

Arendelle – A very very meh world. For similar reasons as to why Montropolis comes off as dull, Arendelle is just snowy landscapes, which, yes, are lovely, but no, aren’t quite exciting. Also a little disheartened by the inability to enter Elsa’s Ice Palace (which I was lowkey excited about). And the one thing I really didn’t like was the fact that they shoehorned in two of the songs from the original movie. I mean, I suppose I get Let It Go so I could let that one slide, but Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? Really? Also that song didn’t work as well with Anna telling her tale over the lyrics; everything meshed in an ugly fashion. And similarly to Corona, they played it safe when staying true to the movie’s plot (although I’ll give them credit that Sora and Co. felt more integrated here than they did in Corona). I mean…Hans doesn’t even speak, and overall I’d consider him unnecessary if they just integrated Larxene a little more, who, by the way, is a treasure as always.

The Caribbean – Perhaps my favorite world in terms of actual gameplay, since I literally took my time exploring all the islands and locations I could before going off to the final boss battle in the world. The plot…I’m indifferent to, only since I can’t remember liking the third Pirates movie as much as the first two, but all the stuff with Luxord was really entertaining. I must admit, in spite of loving this world dearly, it’s also quite…derivative? There was a secondary reason as to why I enjoyed it and that would be due to its strikingly similar feel to that of Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, with what all the ship manoeuvring, upgrading the ship, and even going underwater. Speaking of, the swimming mechanics are wonderful, even if fighting’s a bit iffy under the sea.

San Fransokyo – I…liked the world, and I love Big Hero 6, but…this world felt like a bit of a letdown only in the aspect that it’s structured in such a way where it’s just one big city and then a garage that has nothing more than a save point and Moogle Shop. Not necessarily a complaint though, since I did like the world all in all. Can’t remember much of the plot in spite of how recent I was playing it but yeah. Exploring this world should be fun once I get to it, though. Also gives me some Watch_Dogs vibes experience-wise.

Keyblade Graveyard et. Al. – All beautiful, all stunning and the story was so satisfying here I was literally on the edge of my bed, frequently on the verge of tears over the reunions and some of the deaths featured.

And ooooooooh I was not expecting that epilogue. But yet in a way, I guess it makes some sense now, when you look at the similarities? And I've nary a clue what the secret movie means. I need to know more on both accounts dangit!

And I know quite a few people complained about the lack of Final Fantasy characters, but...I'm not complaining about that. Sure I don't play any non-KH Square Enix titles so it's not like I could, but it wasn't like they play a fundamental part in the story in comparison to the literal army of characters original to this series that we've got to keep track of. I'd take that over FF cameos anyday, bias or no bias.

You forgot the Hundred Acre Woods ?

1 hour ago, NegiSpongie said:

You forgot the Hundred Acre Woods ?

Oh dang so I did. ?

Not much to say about the world in all fairness, I'd argue. I do wish it was a little longer in length and had more to it since its minimal inclusion seems pretty pointless outside of the decent minigames. Introducing Lumpy also felt a little hollow due to how little his role genuinely was; would've been nice if there'd been an actual Lumpy-centric plot that required you to explore the actual 100 Acre Wood world. Nice to see Pooh and friends in the new game engine though; they look so good!