• Advertisement

056a. Born Again Krabs

JCM

A very good episode, but the last four minutes of this episode makes it epic. I mean who doesn't love the sequence of watching Mr. Krabs revert to his old ways, Krabs selling SpongeBob's soul for 62 cents, and SpongeBob rambling on and on to Dutchy.

9/10

It's another excellent season 3 episode and I think It's one of the best Mr. Krabs episodes. I know Mr. Krabs traded SpongeBob for 62 cents but at least he realized his mistake and he wanted SpongeBob back, not 62 cent. Mr. Krabs was bad in this episode but the other characters were great in this episode, especially Squidward because he was very funny in this episdoe and he acutally stood up for SpongeBob in this episode:

Squidward: "Mr. Krabs, I can't believe I'm saying this, but how could you trade SpongeBob for sixty-two cents?"

Mr. Krabs: "You think I could've gotten more?"

Squidward: "He stuck up for you and you sold him out. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Also It's good to see Flying Dutchman again. This episode has many hilarious moments. Mr. Krabs being generous and then being cheap in this episode was funny. The old patty growling at SpongeBob cracked me up. Squidward sleeping in Mr. Krabs' office was hilarious. SpongeBob talking to Flying Dutchman at the end of this episode was very funny. 10/10

This episode is one of the most underrated in the entire series. I absolutely loved this episode, like when Mr. Krabs sells SpongeBob's soul for 62¢, and the very end when SpongeBob calls the Flying Dutchman. :P I also liked the moldy patty, Mr. Krabs taking back his generosity, and when Squidward tries to break into Mr. Krabs's safe. Overall, a superb episode.

Final score: 10/10

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

I never delve into this episode enough even though I should. Two words: character development. We get an episode where Mr. Krabs learns that the life of greed he was leading was literally costing him his life. I've got to give the SB crew credit, they almost kill off a SB character (even if it was just for a few moments). We got to see SpongeBob's and Squidward's reactions to him dying as well. Even at the end of the episode when you think Mr. Krabs is all greedy, he again learns the error of his way. Even though Eugene probably didn't improve at all, it was a great episode.

For negatives I'd probably say how negative Squidward was about Krabs' death. Even though I do realize it's a comedy cartoon show, it was still unneeded Squiddy. :P Like The Great Snail Race where SB pushes Gary too far, Mr. Krabs did the same with SpongeBob. But in both cases they do apologize to the one they did wrong to. That's probably one of the main reasons people dislike other episodes where one character abuses the other. It's because they don't apologize (New Pal for Gary, even through I am tired of people constantly referencing the episode.)