• Advertisement

077b. Rule Of Dumb

Young Nug

Summary: When Patrick becomes a king due to him having royal blood, he becomes a mean tyrant.

Yeah, this episode was pretty good. It was the start of the "Patrick gets a new ability and abuses it because he is stupid to the max" episodes, but it was pretty good. It played with a pretty cool idea, and it was nice to see Patrick's parents again. All in all, a pretty good addition to Season 4. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

What'd you think about the episode? Discuss.

Patrick was a JERK.

I can get him becoming arrogant and vain because of his status, but stealing the guys comic books, and then NOT USING THEM? I mean, god. And then pointlessly stealing dozens of items he had no use for, and...

The only redeeming quality was the ending, with Gary becoming king. It never had any continuity, but it was the only mildly funny.

And did anyone find Patrick's slipping into insanity slightly disturbing?

Grade: F

• Like 1

I hated this episode and I thought this episode was much worse than Driven to Tears. Patrick was a huge jerk to everyone in this episode and this episode didn't make me laugh I laughed at a few parts in this episode and I liked the the ending but It's still a bad episode. Although It's still not one of the worst SpongeBob episodes because I've seen worse episodes than this and I'd rather watch this episode more than I'm With Stupid. 4.5/10

People complain ENDLESSLY about this episode, yet Yours, Mine, and Mine, a worser episode, gets no attention at all?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JPGJ1h7tY

So, yeah. An episode where Patrick actually learns his lesson vs. an episode where Patrick acts like a .:dolphin noise:. for no reason whatsoever...this episode wins by MILES. 

As for the episode, I don't remember it much. It was definitively somewhat "meh", with a few decent gags and, y'know, CHARACTERS ACKNOWLEDGING THEY ARE JERKS. I just really needed to get the point above, across, as it comes off as plain irritating.

People complain ENDLESSLY about this episode, yet Yours, Mine, and Mine, a worser episode, gets no attention at all?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9JPGJ1h7tY

So, yeah. An episode where Patrick actually learns his lesson vs. an episode where Patrick acts like a .:dolphin noise:. for no reason whatsoever...this episode wins by MILES. 

As for the episode, I don't remember it much. It was definitively somewhat "meh", with a few decent gags and, y'know, CHARACTERS ACKNOWLEDGING THEY ARE JERKS. I just really needed to get the point above, across, as it comes off as plain irritating.

I don't actually see that people complaining about this episode more than people complaining about Yours Mine and Mine but I agree with you about Yours Mine and Mine being much worse than this episode. Even though I still hate Patrick in this episode, at least he learned his lesson. Unlike in I'm With Stupid and Yours Mine and Mine, he doesn't. So I can tolerate this episode more than Yours Mine and Mine and I'm With Stupid.

I don't actually see that people complaining about this episode more than people complaining about Yours Mine and Mine but I agree with you about Yours Mine and Mine being much worse than this episode. Even though I still hate Patrick in this episode, at least he learned his lesson. Unlike in I'm With Stupid and Yours Mine and Mine, he doesn't. So I can tolerate this episode more than Yours Mine and Mine and I'm With Stupid.

I was talking about this forum. Look at this page and then Yours, Mine, and Mine. You decide.

• Like 1