• Advertisement

023a. Big Pink Loser

Jjs Goodman

Spongebob and Patrick: "Mary had a little lamb, whose fleece was white as--Pickled Fish Lips!!!! Sea Weavels! Yorgieschmorgies! (Spongebob thinks) At least I'm safe inside my mind. (Patrick thinks) At least I'm safe inside my mind. (Both scream) AHHH!!!!" Spongebob: "STOP copying me!" Patrick: "There's no award for THAT!" :lol: I thought two of the funniest parts was when he didn't realize that people calling him on the phone weren't calling HIM a crusty crab, they were calling for the restaurant; and when he had such a hard time just OPENING a jar, and Spongebob had to coach him every single step of the way! :P A hilarious episode! :D 11/10! ;)

• Like 1

I agree with 4EverGreen. For some reason I have a feeling that ALL Starfish are that stupid, though it was funny and kinda cute too.

Has anyone ever noticed the fact that there are hundreds of regular species fish, but only a minority of main character species like Sponge, Starfish, Squid, (though, they're all in that Tentacle Acres thing I think) Crab, and such? Of course, Squirrel is excepted because you can't expect there to be too many undersea squirrels in one town.

• Like 1

I like this episode, actually starfish really don't have a brain

• SpongeBob: [voice over] At least I'm safe inside my mind.
  • Patrick: [voice over] At least I'm safe inside my mind.

(I'm take break from giving scores)

Patrick Star has always been my favorite character on the show, as his simplistic view of the world around him makes him funny and endearing. In this particular episode, Patrick starts to develop an inferiority complex when he sees that SpongeBob has hundreds of awards in his collection (for what, exactly? I have no idea) while he has none. SpongeBob tells Patrick that he has to, well, do something in order to win an award, and to give him a head start in his quest for notoriety, he signs Patrick up for a job at the Krusty Krab. Patrick turns out to be an even worse employee than Squidward, and he doesn't get his first major breakthrough until SpongeBob teaches him how to open a jar by doing "exactly what I do". Unfortunately, Patrick begins to apply that philosophy to everything he does, from the way he walks to the clothes he wear, and it annoys SpongeBob to no end. Then, in an ironic turn of events, Patrick finally does win an award "for doing nothing longer than anyone else", invalidating SpongeBob's original claim and returning the series to its wonderful status quo.

This is one of the better Patrick-centered episodes, as it has him being an idiot without going overboard or dwelling into jerk territory. There are way fewer of these episodes in the top 25 than I had originally thought there'd be (in fact, this might be the only one). I guess I like Patrick better in a secondary role, as we still get to delight in his stupidity without it taking up the entire episode and just getting tiresome.

• Like 1

I thought Patrick was ADORABLE in this one.

Before starting this whole thing of reviewing EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of SB, Patrick was one of my very least-favourite characters because of the way he's been acting lately.

But now that I see his jerkiness can be used in a GOOD way, he's worked himself into the third-fave character of ALL-TIME position in my heart!

10/10!

8/10 Overrated

Alternate title: Award, Please

I OPENED A JAR! THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! THAT WAS SO HARD,OPENING THAT JAR!!!

Spoiler

They celebrated opening a jar.