• Advertisement

Hard Games

crushingmayhem

Contra was a pain to complete. If you didn't have skill you lost.

That was pretty much the motto for a lot of NES games. :P

And as absolutely ridiculous the difficulty is in games like Castlevania and Ghosts n Goblins, they can be beaten with a lot of practice.

And as absolutely ridiculous the difficulty is in games like Castlevania and Ghosts n Goblins, they can be beaten with a lot of practice.

Not to mention the infamous Battletoads. That game was just impossible especially in coop.

Going off of this, when i first played the original Castlevania i would play a level for like and hour and a half just memorizing where everything was, when to time my hitting of the whip(Because there is some delay on when you press the button and when the whip actually swings at a baddie.), when to time jumps, etc. I felt very accomplished beating it.

But anymore, i try to make anything a "Hard Game". Self imposed challenges, always playing on hard mode, etc. But agreeing with Termi up there, Jak 2 (moreso in the second half) is just like...Wat. Though i didnt have the same trouble with the Ratchet and Clank games(Without the Ryno, even).

Then again, im a nerd. :P

Mega Man. Just Mega Man.

The Mega Man games in general...are not that hard in my opinion. Most of them have almost entirely trial and error difficulty, but even when you make mistakes, you still get the feeling that you're getting farther and farther in the game.

• Like 2

Mega Man. Just Mega Man.

Wait, really? I only found Mega Man 1 and 3(Because of the Doc Robot stages only.) hard. You shouldn't be having too hard of a time if you pay attention. Usually, there will be a room where the game will teach you something without damaging you, only for the next room to have said obstacle, yet more...Life threatening. Example: Guts Man's stage in Mega Man 1 has the platforms that slide on the wire. The first one is a smooth ride, but you look down and there are gaps in the wire, causing the platform to fall when it hits the gap and come back up when its over the gap. The first time you see this, you're not on the platform, so its safe to analyze and plan.

Then again, i LOVE Mega Man and have played all of the main games + the X games so many times. So i always know what im doing hehe.

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned the Ninja Gaiden series. Those games are just virtually intense in every single way, because the enemies aren't punching bags but are made to kill you.

Gimme five brother, you're the first user on SBC I know who remembers the Ninja Gaiden games. Though the second one felt like an endurance game for the most part, the first one took me quite a bit of practice to beat. The last stage area was RIDICULOUS, anyone who's beaten the game will never forget the last three levels or Jacquio's pattern. At least the ending felt somewhat worth the trouble.

Contra was a pain to complete. If you didn't have skill you lost.

Actually, if you use the Konami Code (Google it only if you don't know what it is) than the "Contra" games are a WHOLE lot easier to beat! B) Even so, I agree the "Contra" game series is STILL hard! Here are the five hardest video games that I've ever played and beaten!

5. "Mega Man III" for the NES and Wii Virtual Console. 4. "Contra 4" for the Nintendo DS. 3. "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link" for the NES, Game Boy Advance, and Wii Virtual Console. 2. "Super Ghouls and Ghosts" for the Game Boy Advance. 1. "Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels" on "Super Mario All Stars" for the Super NES and the Nintendo Wii. o.o Enough said! ;)

Actually, if you use the Konami Code (Google it only if you don't know what it is) than the "Contra" games are a WHOLE lot easier to beat! B) Even so, I agree the "Contra" game series is STILL hard! Here are the five hardest video games that I've ever played and beaten!

5. "Mega Man III" for the NES and Wii Virtual Console. 4. "Contra 4" for the Nintendo DS. 3. "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link" for the NES, Game Boy Advance, and Wii Virtual Console. 2. "Super Ghouls and Ghosts" for the Game Boy Advance. 1. "Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels" on "Super Mario All Stars" for the Super NES and the Nintendo Wii. o.o Enough said! ;)

Oh, the Konami code. I think I remember what it was. But still, the game was very challenging even to this day. On another note, I find New Super Mario Bros for the DS kinda complicated. But mostly in certain stages where you have to make long jumps.