• Advertisement

070a. Ghost Host

Jjs Goodman

Wow, I'm the first reply to a topic thats been here since July. Is Season 4 THAT HATED? I only come because I want to write reviews for most of the episodes over time.

Unlike most of Dutchman's appearances, this was a flop. He was a bum, a deadbeat, (and not in a funny way, remember 'Can You Spare a Dime?) cheated on his wife, and tortured Squidward to point of insanity to train himself.

The idea was okay, but it could've been pulled off better.

Grade : D- (and thats being gracious)

• Confused 1

Don't like. Primarily because of the animation design being incredibly poor. It was hard to tell that these characters fit into a SpongeBob universe with the way they were animated differently. Also, the lame jokes and subpar plot didn't help.

3/10

• Confused 1

It's creepy, it's boring, it's stupid.........all the things needed to make a bad episode. Also, this is when I think the show got flushed down the toilet. Ghoul Fools brought it back though.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Sad 1

The year that this premiered, I saw it over and over again during that Halloween. It drove me absolutely nuts, and I wound up hating the  episode. Now, it's just okay. I'm not really sure what to make of the entire story, honestly. SpongeBob becomes bored of The Flying Dutchman, and suddenly everyone in Bikini Bottom does too? And then Squidward is the one that cracks because he doesn't believe in ghosts? The Flying Dutchman having some sort of depressive funk kind of weirds me out as well. This guy is TERRIFYING, not somebody who needs help from some motivational video (btw, what was that anyway?)

Not bad as people says. To be honest, I liked this episode. MMM said this is when this show went downhill. I didn't think this show was going downhill until I saw season 5. I thought this episode was very interesting and very enjoyable.  Also I laughed some parts in this episode. It's not one of my favorite season 4 episodes because some parts bored me and I think this episode is too scary for kids and I don't recommend this episode to them. But It's still a great episode in my opinion. 8/10

On 9/3/2017 at 11:03 PM, NegiSpongie said:

Not too bad, but I can't get over how over the top creepy it was. I found it kinda weird that Squidward said he didn't believe in ghost despite that he encountered the Flying Dutchman a few times before.

Since WHEN has "Spongebob Squarepants" ever worried about things like "Consistency", or even a positive "Continuity" (with certain exceptions) for THAT matter?! :rolleyes: But all things considered, this is a pretty good episode segment for season 4. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10! :D Enough said! ;)

• God Himself 3

52 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Since WHEN has "Spongebob Squarepants" ever worried about things like "Consistency", or even a positive "Continuity" (with certain exceptions) for THAT matter?! :rolleyes: 

Come on, not every episode is a shaggy dog story.

• Like 2

This episode is the start of SpongeBob's downfall IMO. It was incredibly dull, had weird gross-out (Though I wouldn't call this the first true gross-out), and just in general is very weak. This episode, along with its partner Chimps Ahoy, is when Season 4 started to take a turn for the worst.

3.7/10

• Confused 3

On 9/1/2018 at 2:59 PM, SpongeNicko said:

This episode is the start of SpongeBob's downfall IMO. It was incredibly dull, had weird gross-out (Though I wouldn't call this the first true gross-out), and just in general is very weak. This episode, along with its partner Chimps Ahoy, is when Season 4 started to take a turn for the worst.

3.7/10

At least 9/10 Sportz saved the show