• Advertisement

060a. Spongebob Meets The Strangler

CartoonCF

I actually don't understand the raves and applause towards this episode. =/ I found it boring, a few laughs here and there, but still boring. It was well done, good plot, but I just didn't like it very much. 6.3/10

I actually don't understand the raves and applause towards this episode. =/ I found it boring, a few laughs here and there, but still boring. It was well done, good plot, but I just didn't like it very much. 6.3/10

I just loved this episode, no better way to explain it.

This was quite the episode. After SpongeBob catches a litterbug in the act, he does his civic duty and snitches on the fellow, but it turns out that the litterbug is also a psychopath who strangles people that tattle on him. (Someone didn't get enough love as a child.) After escaping from Bikini Bottom's finest, the litterbug vows to strangle SpongeBob by posing as a bodyguard offering protection against, well, him. Yeah. SpongeBob is eager to accept the services of this man he's never seen before, and he spends the rest of the episode not just annoying him, but torturing him. By the end, the tattletale strangler's just desperate to get away, and SpongeBob, still convinced that he's a bodyguard, chases him all the way to prison. After the strangler spells it out for him, he realizes that he had been smeckledorfed, and the episode ends with another cool closer courtesy of Patrick.

This was among the show's darker episodes, and to be frank, I'm surprised that it got past Nick's censors. That doesn't make it any less awesome, though, with one of the most hilariously violent gags of the entire series.