• Advertisement

072a. All That Glitters

Blackout

Eww, just didn't like this episode. It felt just totally out of place and... weird. The plot itself I feel is just unnecessary: "Spongebob breaks his spatula, stupidly sells everything he has to buy a new one, the new one runs off, and then he runs back to his old spatula, and then things are back to normal."

._.

That's what the episode is in my book. I didn't find anything funny and the entirety of it was just dull, in my honest opinion. In some episodes, even just character interactions has enough entertainment value. The character interactions here were between Spongebob and his friggin' spatula! Definitely a low point of Season 4.

1/10

I am the only one who finds spongebob crying at least 5% funny.

But the rest of the episode is EVEN WORSE

Despite being okay

5.5/10

Edited by jjsthekid

I sill kinda like this one. I mean, yeah, "WAAAAAAH-HAAAAAAAAA" goes on for waaaay too long than necessary, but I enjoyed Spongebob selling everything for that one Spatula and walking around naked, "Hey Granny, what's shakin'?" In addition, I thought it was pretty funny seeing Spongebob being sad over his spatula breaking. I know it's silly, but Spongebob is a children's cartoon that, even in its classic years, had non-sentient objects became real. Sure Spongebob cried a lot, but it's much more bearable than Funny Pants. 7.5/10. It also helps that this episode was paired with the top-tier "Wishing You Well".

• Like 1

For starters, I wanna say HOW AND WHY DID WE VOTE THIS TO BE 12TH BEST EPISODE BEFORE NOVEMBER 2006?! Now on with it. I hate hate hate the plot. Spongebob breaks his spatula, and after crying for a minute, tries to find a few a new one. BUT WAIT! NOTHING CAN EVER REPLACE SPAT! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Also, about the scenes where Spongebob visits his spatula in the hospital WAIT WHAT. As I was saying, everytime a Season 4 episode is bad, it's also mean spirited (This, Good Neighbors, Squid Wood, The Thing, etc). In fact, there are two major mean spirited parts in this episode. The first is the first scene in the hospital. "I'm not a doctor. I'm an actor researching for a role." That was just...mean. That's all I have to say. The second is Le Spa-oh my god. This..uh "Spatulanian Stereotype" was probably the worst one time character in Spongebob history and created one of the meanest scenes on this show-when Spongebob tries him out and he runs away. During all of his screen time, I wanted to take a nagging stick and kill him violently. The humor was nonexistent, and all the characters put up terrible performances, especially Le Spatula. In conclusion, I think this is the second worst season 4 episode and the seventh worst overal

I remember watching this episode on TurboNick with my marconi and cheese as a kid and was thinking "alright... :P "even today that's my reaction.

I'm sorry but I find obnoxious episodes like Spy Buddies, Roller Cowards and this to be funny. It's still a love/dislike relationship.

Easily Season 4's worst episode, and one of the worst episodes in general.  SpongeBob cries so much in this episode and it is EAR-BLEEDING annoying! Plus the episode barely has any substance and the humor it attempts falls completely flat! SpongeBob himself perfectly sums up this episode: "All That Glitters is not gold". 

1.5/10

Since there's been other people talking about episodes that a good number of other people don't necessarily like, I just thought I would throw my honest opinion in about this episode. By now, it's probably no secret to ANYONE that for a long time, I HONESTLY used to think that this episode was the absolute PEAK of "Spongebob Squarepants" writing brilliance and excellence! :hysterical: If I could hypothetically meet my roughly 19/20 year old self when watching this episode for the first time, I'd ask myself: "What are WE thinking for liking this episode so much?!" :rolleyes: While my love for this episode is no longer THAT strong (probably thanks to much BETTER episodes that have come from "Spongebob Squarepants" since then), I STILL like this episode unironically! o.o In addition to the moral that "All that Glitters is not Gold", it also goes to show that sometimes, newer ISN'T better, and while it's EASY to buy a replacement tool, it's much HARDER to regain the trust of a TRUE friend who can always be relied on! :D And I LOVED the battle between Spongebob and the pirate fish! :cool: Even today, I'd STILL give this episode a 9.5 out of 10! Enough said! ;)

• God Himself 3