• Advertisement

Finding Nemo 2

thespongebobfan

As much as I would love to see an older Nemo, this is a rather sketchy project. I'll still catch or at least try to catch the sequel in theaters, especially after hearing the original crew is expecting to be involved with production.

See, I think Newt would've gone two ways.

1) They fall in love

2) They don't fall in love

Obvious, right? If they fall in love, then they repopulate the species. Woo, go them. If they don't, then they'd either:

1) Find more newts

2) Accept the fact that they're the last ones

If they find more newts, then what was the point of the movie? They just ran around and did crap for an hour and a half because they thought they were in danger and then it turned out none of that mattered because, surprise, they weren't the last two newts. If they are the last ones, then cool. It'd be a movie about accepting mortality, and would probably have some sort of "save the wildlife" message spread throughout it. And then children would leave theaters knowing the newts died and the species became extinct. Not exactly kid friendly.

They either go the Rio-route, which Lasseter obviously doesn't want, or they go some sort of random route where it's actually all pointless, which Pixar wouldn't do because Pixar will always answer the question they ask. What would two animals do to survive? They aren't the last two animals, so what does it matter?

Pixar would either have to get dark as balls or start from even farther behind than they already are. If they do the latter, then where do they go? Have them team up with other animals so they can all run around and do crap together because they're all implied to be the last of their kind? Sounds way too close to Ice Age. Would they have a different motivation to go on an adventure? Oh, wait, that's just Alpha and Omega but with newts. They need to ask a new question, but what's their to ask? If they want two newts, male and female, as protagonists, then what is there to ask besides "What would two animals do to survive?"? Even if they did find a different take on it and managed to get it out the door and into theaters, then, well... I hope you don't mind watching A Bug's Life again, except this time with newts.

Now Newt doesn't sound as appealing. The plot is really basic now looking at it more.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/finding-dory/25056/finding-nemo-2-confirmed-and-named

Alrighty. I have faith it'll be a good movie (or at least good enough), but I'm a bit disappointed. If it wasn't taking place a year after the first one then I wouldn't mind, but considering they had Toy Story move in real time I was hoping that'd be an indication that they'd move their other franchises in real time too.

Also, I honestly don't really care about Dory's past. I like that she's just a random fish. I would rather delve into the Tank Gang's past.

• Like 1

no. finding imagination.

Their 13 movies to your 0. They have plenty of imagination; making sequels (in Pixar's case) doesn't mean a lack of imagination, it means an abundance of source material. Except in the case of Cars 2, because that was literally all about selling merchandise. They have three upcoming "imaginative" (I'm assuming this means movies that aren't sequels or prequels) movies and two upcoming "un-imaginative" (I'm assuming this means a sequel or prequel) movies, so they have plenty of imagination left. These movies may not necessarily be warranted, but it won't stop them from being any good. Monster's University looks like the greatest thing ever and Finding Dory is going to be just fine (I wasn't the biggest fan of Finding Nemo, so I have pretty low expectations for this as far as Pixar movies go, but I'm still gonna see it and I'm still gonna enjoy it).

And before anyone goes all "HEY BUT YOU SAID X AND Y EARLIER ON": Yeah, and now I'm changing my opinion because that was back in July and this is now April and I'm allowed to change my opinion. I still think Pixar should do original movies, but after seeing all the amazing stuff for Monster's University coming out, I have faith in their prequels and sequels.

Remember, Ts2 and Ts3 were both incredible. So even if Cars 2 wasn't the best doesn't mean we should give up on their sequels. No offense but Cars isn't too great to begin with.

It was if you were a 7 year old boy.

• Like 1

Also coming in: Pixar decided to rewrite the ending after Blackfish came out. Something about not wanting to show aquariums and marine parks as really terrible places.

That's good to know, because I found San Diego Sea World and the Monterey Bay Aquarium to be really nice/good places! :D