• Advertisement

Finding Nemo 2

thespongebobfan

I agree with Negi. Finding Nemo did not need a sequel.

However, I think everyone overreacts to Pixar making "Sequels and Prequels".

I mean their first prequel hasn't even come out yet, and they've only made sequels to Toy Story (which was fit for for a trilogy) and Cars (Which was a mistake). We have 2014 and 2015 for Pixar originals and we just had one in 2012 (Brave).

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

^ My face when hearing of this.

I don't care what anyone says. The original Cars wasn't that great, so it makes sense that the next one ended up sucking. Finding Nemo's cast and crew will return for this second film, so I can't imagine it being anything but wonderful.

I'm willing to give Monsters Inc. 2 a try, but I don't think Finding Nemo needed a squel. Why not The Incredibles or even WALL-E? Or better yet, something original?

In all fairness, it's technically not Monsters Inc. 2. But yeah, I agree. At least The Incredibles had that sort of cliff hangery-type ending that would warrant a sequel (I guess Wall-E too, but not as much). These movies were all wrapped up very nicely in a little bow and everything and now they're just unwrapping everything. It'll still probably be good, but it's just... wah.

@teenj: My apologies if I want original movies. Toy Story 3, Cars 2, an admittedly poor original movie, a prequel, two originals we know next to nothing about, this, and now rumors of Toy Story 4. I wouldn't be mad if their sequels and prequels and crap were made for movies with endings that warranted something like that, but none of their movies did; not even Toy Story. As I said, The Incredibles is the only one that could possibly warrant a sequel, and no word on The Incredibles 2 has been made. The movies had fine endings and don't need to be dug back up so they can use them as buffers between their original movies, and that obviously didn't work with Brave because that movie wasn't very good and they had a lot of time with that one. Sequels and prequels should occur very rarely (in movies, anyway) because, to me, they say writers aren't thinking of anything original so they're just going back to what they know so they don't have to create another world from scratch, with completely new characters. Writers are talented, otherwise they wouldn't be writers, and talented writers can write original plots just fine. We don't need wrap-ups on movies that were already wrapped-up (Finding Nemo and Cars; Toy Story to a lesser extent because, for me, that could've worked just fine as a standalone film) or questions answered about movies that didn't ask any questions (Monsters University, because not once did I find myself wondering "Hey, how did these two characters become friends?"). Pixar is good at asking the bigger questions in life and they can only do that with original movies; in sequels and prequels they either ask the same question again or ask one that's an extremely specific point in the previous question.

• Like 1

Honestly, the only Pixar movie that really deserves a sequel is The Incredibles.

That being said, I'm not against a Finding Nemo sequel. Especially since they are getting the crew back together for this one.

I was surprised when I first heard about another Finding Nemo. But, I'm willing to find out the plot before judging anything. I agree that Pixar needs more original stories then just sequels and such. You know what I would like as a new movie? Newt. For those who don't know about Newt: http://pixar.wikia.com/Newt I know the plot of Newt sounds a little done before, but the idea of these animals in a movie sounds interesting.

I was surprised when I first heard about another Finding Nemo. But, I'm willing to find out the plot before judging anything. I agree that Pixar needs more original stories then just sequels and such. You know what I would like as a new movie? Newt. For those who don't know about Newt: http://pixar.wikia.com/Newt I know the plot of Newt sounds a little done before, but the idea of these animals in a movie sounds interesting.

I'm having a hard time saying how awful of an idea that'd be because there are too many reasons.

You know what they need to do? Don Quixote.

Too bad Rio was beginning to come out and Pixar had to shelf it.

Now that I think about it more, Newt doesn't sound that great. It's obvious in Newt the two fall in love together. Maybe if Newt had a different plot then just "two animals who's race are extinct have to mate or their species will die", kind of plot, they could start producing the movie. I would enjoy the movie more if they did change it.

Now that I think about it more, Newt doesn't sound that great. It's obvious in Newt the two fall in love together. Maybe if Newt had a different plot then just "two animals who's race are extinct have to mate or their species will die", kind of plot, they could start producing the movie. I would enjoy the movie more if they did change it.

See, I think Newt would've gone two ways.

1) They fall in love

2) They don't fall in love

Obvious, right? If they fall in love, then they repopulate the species. Woo, go them. If they don't, then they'd either:

1) Find more newts

2) Accept the fact that they're the last ones

If they find more newts, then what was the point of the movie? They just ran around and did crap for an hour and a half because they thought they were in danger and then it turned out none of that mattered because, surprise, they weren't the last two newts. If they are the last ones, then cool. It'd be a movie about accepting mortality, and would probably have some sort of "save the wildlife" message spread throughout it. And then children would leave theaters knowing the newts died and the species became extinct. Not exactly kid friendly.

They either go the Rio-route, which Lasseter obviously doesn't want, or they go some sort of random route where it's actually all pointless, which Pixar wouldn't do because Pixar will always answer the question they ask. What would two animals do to survive? They aren't the last two animals, so what does it matter?

Pixar would either have to get dark as balls or start from even farther behind than they already are. If they do the latter, then where do they go? Have them team up with other animals so they can all run around and do crap together because they're all implied to be the last of their kind? Sounds way too close to Ice Age. Would they have a different motivation to go on an adventure? Oh, wait, that's just Alpha and Omega but with newts. They need to ask a new question, but what's their to ask? If they want two newts, male and female, as protagonists, then what is there to ask besides "What would two animals do to survive?"? Even if they did find a different take on it and managed to get it out the door and into theaters, then, well... I hope you don't mind watching A Bug's Life again, except this time with newts.