• Advertisement

Abyss

Ron

PLOT: The year is 1839. All is silent in the dark trench of Rock Bottom. Several un-anthropomorphic creatures lurk in the shadows. Then... he comes. The towering fish, full of muscle, sweat, and grime. He alone wipes out the seaweed (smokes it on his breaks), creates a relatively clean area of land, and founds the city of Rock Bottom, named after the trench in which it's at the bottom of. Hundreds of years later, in 2029, the city has been abandoned after mysterious and unknown circumstances. The Oceanic Government tried to cover it up, but five extremists can't help but venture down to the depths of the Rock Bottom trench and discover the reasons the trench was so quickly abandoned.

Thoughts?

I like your ideas tvguy. Your such a creative writer and good storyteller, evident through your many, many...many spin-offs :P .

But that's the thing. I would like you to focus on telling at least one of those great ideas and really get us into that creation.

(S1E1) Episode 1: Abyss

30 Days After The Events of "Abyss"

Beck Royce was plump little fish who had been working for the Oceanic Government for exactly fourteen years, three weeks, and two days. He kept count. In his over a decade of work at the Capital, he had never seen the place so busy. He rushed up a flight of stairs and into a grand hall with the words "Royal Chambers" engraved above in gold. He made his way to twin doors almost ten times his height. He cleared his throat and pushed open the heavy doors.

Inside, King Poseidon and Queen Anemone sat side by side in enormous thrones constructed out of the finest coral. Both were mermaids, draped in luxurious clothing. Queen Anemone looked particularly grumpy as Royce entered the room. Two Royal Guards stood on either side of thy Royal Majesties, along with another group of advisors, talking to the King.

"Yes?" Poseidon said, interrupting one of the advisors to address Royce.

"Um, sir, the situation in Rock Bottom has... er... concluded."

Poseidon perked up. "Fetch someone to disclose details to me."

"Absolutely, your Highness," Royce replied cautiously, and bowed.

~~~

30 Days Earlier

He blasted the radio and felt the cool ocean in his face as his boatmobile sped down the 49 highway, nonstop to the ocean metropolis of Seattle. He was Seth Forrester, extremist in just about anything, leading his six other friends on incredibly dangerous (and stupid) adventures. Also crammed into the boatmobile was Jack Douglas, Seth's best friend and the only one who enjoyed accompanying Seth on his crazy stunts. In the back sat Amy Cheever, a fish who hated nature and liked to stay in the comfort of her own home, Clovis Rock, an egotistical and self-obsessed exercise enthusiast, Jane Morris, a down-to-earth good girl, Craig Dunne, your average Bob, Jade Lencioni, your badass bitch, and Mateo Morrone, an intelligent student enrolled in the prestigious Seattle Institute.

They'd just returned from entering an ancient tomb in the foreign country of Seagypt. Nothing had happened, but they'd encountered more than enough spiders.

"Alright, guys," Seth said. "I have one last stop before Seattle."

"Fuck that, keep going!" Amy screamed.

"What is it?" asked Clovis.

"Rock Bottom," Seth replied, grinning in the mirror at Clovis.

"Hell yes!" cried Clovis, and awkwardly high-fived Seth.

"KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL!"

"What's Rock Bottom?" Craig asked innocently.

"Okay, so...," Seth started.

"Are you gonna tell the story?" said Jade. "Oh dear Neptune, he's going to tell the story."

"Around a bajillion years ago, Rock Bottom was founded. It was a thriving little community, a big part of Oceanic's economy. Then, all of sudden, it disappeared. All trade in and out of it stopped, it disappeared off of maps, the Internet, everything. Then the entire Rock Bottom trench was shut off, and now there's government blockoffs at every part of it. Why? I want to sneak down and find the old city."

"No, no, let me off this car!" Amy yelled.

"I'm down," Clovis said.

"... it's closed for a reason," piped up Jane.

"What? WHAT can be so bad that they're forced to shut down an entire reason?" Seth said.

Jade stared at him. "Do you realize what you just said is incredibly stupid?"

"I don't want to go!" continued Amy.

"Well, you're going to have to," said Seth. "This route isn't to Seattle. troll.png"

"Bastard," Amy breathed. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

"He's driving, Amy," Jack said, who had been reading a novel in the front seat the entire time.

~~~

Despite Amy's pleas, they continued on their course to the infamous Rock Bottom trench.

"Alright... I... what the hell?" Seth said. He was looking at the road and then back at his map. "I guess this is it..."

They were staring at a dirt trail that was barely visible against towering seaweed grass. It didn't appear as though anybody had driven along the path in quite some time. It led straight off of the main highway.

"We're gonna get so lost," Amy remarked. "This is so fucking stupid."

Seth backed up and plunged straight into it. The entire car started to rattle as they bumbled over rocky gravel. In a few minutes time, the main highway became nearly invisible. They were in the middle of nowhere because of something Seth had sprung on them very abruptly.

"We should be nearing the trench very soon," Seth informed them.

"Great...," a sarcastic Jade said.

They continued driving in silence until a loud noise sent all of them jolting upward.

"The hell?!"

Jack peered out his window as five jets pierced through the water.

"They're fighter jets," Jack said. As he watched them go, that led him to see four tollbooths next to each other. "Oh, there it is!"

The car was pulling up to the dilapidated booth just as a uniformed guard was stepping out.

"Halt!" he demanded gruffly. He pulled out a piece of paper and began to read. "By Royal Decree of King Neptune in 1930, nobody but the Oceanic Government may pass these tollbooths!"

"You take your job way too seriously," Seth yelled.

The guard glared at him. "Please turn your vehicle around and leave."

"We just wanna hike, that's all!" Jack chimed in.

"I will ask you one last time before I will be forced to formally reprimand you!" the guard said firmly. "Please leave the premises at once!"

Seth held out his thumb up and began to back up. He turned back to Jane in the back. "Get out the parachutes.

"What?"

"In the box, look." She dug into a small box and found seven small parachutes. "Pass them out, everybody slide into those. It took a few minutes for them to slide on. They knew what Seth was going to do.

"Sir?" the guard called. "Are you experiencing technical difficulties?"

"Somewhat." Seth floored the pedal and the boatmobile raced forward. It smashed through the tollbooth and the car was airborne over the side of the black trench. A parachute on the end of the car mushroomed and the car halted, slowly floating down.

"OH GOD, IT'S DARK!" Amy screamed as they fell in the inky darkness.

"I can't see anything!"

"Where are you guys?!"

"Seth, you idiot!"

"Help!"

Their voices grew fainter as they feel into different areas in the trench, landing roughly. At the bottom, they could see slightly better, thanks to a weird aura that hung over the area. Dead, black trees grew in wicked ways. It was creepy, and Jane was shivering, alone.

"Hello?" she called.

She didn't see the shadow behind her.

~~~

tl8LH.png

(S1E2) Episode 2: In God We Trust

It was an inky dark, but there was something luminescent about the water. It felt... unclean. Seth Forrester had predicted he may be separated from his group during the drop from the cliff above. The Rock Bottom Trench was one of the five deepest crevasses in the ocean, and he hadn't quite thought through what that would mean for them. For one, he was already feeling lightheaded; they weren't accustomed to the water pressure in Rock Bottom. He knew that they could eventually pass out from the load, and if that happened, it'd make finding his friends a hell of a lot harder.

Seth could make out a series of coruscating rocks, with heavy algae growing on its back. Beyond that, there was a heavy thicket of black trees, and he was evidently in a very eerie clearing. Other than those few facts, there wasn't enough light to see further than ten feet in front of him.

"JACK!" Seth screamed at the top of his lungs. It felt weird, being so loud, in such a silent area. He felt like... a fish out of water. Something was telling him to be quiet; he felt as though two very intent eyes were drilling into the back of his head. Reactively, he spun around and scanned the area behind him. Behind him, there was a flat area of round pebbles tiling the seabed.

He realized his heart was running at a speed of a million miles per second, and his head was beginning to throb. Calm down, he thought. Just think of something else!​

But he was finding it increasingly difficult to focus on things other than his current situation. Panicking, he screamed out again for Jack. He heard a sound. Footsteps.

"JACK!" he shouted, exasperated and perspiring. "JACK, JACK!" His voice was weak and he began to sag down to the sandy ground. A figure emerged from the forest of burnt trees.

"Ja... Jack?" he panted. He was on all fours now, breathing loudly and taking in enormous breathes. Bright white flowers blossomed over his already limited vision and he felt his lungs crack. The figure approached, but as it came closer, he noticed it was just as black as it had been in the forest. Before he could figure out what it was, he passed out.

~~~

Jane opened her eyes. She was laying on something, a smooth surface. As her eyes adjusted to the room, she could tell there was light in it. She tried to sit up.

Nope, her hands were chained to the table, and after further examination, she found she had several slits on her wrists in the area of her veins. Jane looked around the room with an intense curiosity she'd never felt before. This was Rock Bottom, that city she'd heard so much about in school. What was down here? Who was down here? Those questions swarmed her head until she heard something move. She immediately closed her eyes and laid her head back down against the surface.

She heard a door open, and something shuffled in. There was clanking on what she assumed was a counter, and then the sound of a metal against metal sent a chill down her spine.

~~~

Amy was more than horrified. She had landed in the middle of what appeared to be city hall. Crashing through the roof hadn't heard one bit, the structure was so weak and dilapidated. Inside, it was even more shocking.

Chairs were flipped over, wood splinters sprinkling the floor, broken up tiles, shattered glass... and almost all of that was shrouded in moss. She moved cautiously, until she saw it.

Written on the wall in small letters, were the two words "help us" and she couldn't think of anything else the words could've been written in besides blood.

~~~

Clovis was naked. He'd always been comfortable with his body, but his current lack of clothing hadn't been his choice. In fact, he had no recollection of what had happened. After jumping from the falling car, he'd blacked out. Upon waking up, he'd been in the nude.

Now, he sat on a rock that was incredibly cold on his bare cheeks. He'd never been in such pure darkness. Over and over, he prayed. Not only for himself (which was unlike him; he had an ego the size of an elephant), but for his friends and their safety.

"Clovis?"

He was jerked off his rock with fear. He hadn't noticed the figure enter.

"What? Who---"

"It's Jack!"

Jack's face came into view.

"Oh, dear Neptune!" Clovis cried. "Where the fuck is everybody?! I thought we'd've found each other by now!"

"I know. We need to find Seth; this was all his idea, not mine."

There was an awkward silence, as Clovis was still crouched behind the rock.

"Um... we probably should go..."

"I'm naked."

"What?" Jack said. "Why are you stripping at a time like this?"

"I didn't do it on purpose! After we fell, I blacked out and woke up like this."

"Okay... um...," Jack thought, biting his lips. "Here." He slipped off his pants, leaving him in his boxers, and handed them to Clovis. He pulled them on and they started walking into the forest.

~~~

Craig and Jade had fallen in roughly the same area, and had consequently found each other easily. Now, they stared at what they'd found.

A towering skyscraper stood built into the rock and an enormous " Ø" was painted across it. They had no idea what it meant, but it looked like it was painted in wine red blood.

~~~

tl8LH.png