• Advertisement

World War 3?

Ron

One thing is certain that they won't attack Turkey since attacking them would be attacking Nato directly. And I don't think Israel is the main target in the Syrian uprising, since those groups are looking for power in Syria specifically. What's important to notice is the support Assad has from Iran and his personal support for Hezbollah in Lebanon that could trigger a chain reaction in other Arab countries such as Iraq that has a sizable Shia-Muslim population. That support alone means a lot to the Assad regime, and is enough to make it survive for more months than what's expected.

Yes, A-Bombs won't prove to solve anything. Throw some Hydrogen Bombs at them.

On a serious note, I need to start catching up with the news.

Yeah, Hydrogen bombs really do the job but we'll all die if it happens. Same is with throwing a Gigaton of TNT bomb that could blow away an entire country.

One thing is certain that they won't attack Turkey since attacking them would be attacking Nato directly. And I don't think Israel is the main target in the Syrian uprising, since those groups are looking for power in Syria specifically. What's important to notice is the support Assad has from Iran and his personal support for Hezbollah in Lebanon that could trigger a chain reaction in other Arab countries such as Iraq that has a sizable Shia-Muslim population. That support alone means a lot to the Assad regime, and is enough to make it survive for more months than what's expected.

No, the intentions of the uprising obviously aren't to invade Israel. :P The FSA's goal is to establish stability in the country, but I doubt that's what al-Qaeda wants; al-Qaeda will be the one to invade Israel. That would be national news; al-Qaeada in the Holy Land? And if al-Assad does receive that kind of support, that's all of those Middle-East countries, along with Russia and China, which only broadens the danger that any sort of slip would ensure. The reason I bring up the possibility of a third world war is because so many countries are involved in the conflict, and it is getting to the point where the pressure may just be too much and war breaks out. External problems, like the amount of U.S. debt owned by China, may also fuel the fire.

Needless to say, al-Qaeda can instigate a lot here.

If I'm not mistaken, Iran is the one that said they want to wipe Israel off the map and their potential nuclear arsenal means just that. While Al-Qaeda may threaten Israel, their main objective is to spread Islam throughout the world and not focus on a single country.

Plus, the U.S' debt is mainly caused by military spending and investment that the U.S did in China during the 70s and 80s. Repaying might be good but if its not done well America might suffer another debt crisis since they are doing the same in India as they did China in the past.

But your theory is partly correct since diplomatic chains are the causes of global conflicts. In addition, with the current global economic crisis its important that the world manages to stay together or risk what could be a new arms race and global powers fighting for influence much like the Cold War but somewhat unlike a World War.

Their objective is to spread Islam, but also their extremely strict lifestyle. The reason for their contempt towards the United States is because of what we stand for morally. Our freedom, lifestyle, and morals disgust them. If their goals were to simply spread Islam, we wouldn't have any sort of problem with them, because they could come here and teach freely. However, they want to have the entire world under their control because their thinking is so linear; there's black, no white, no grey. It has to be THIS way for them, no other options.

I don't know much about the U.S' current debt situation, but I do know that a surplus is much better than being in debt, so I'm all in favor of repaying China back.

So, in theory, the linchpin here is Syria. If they are to fall, and al-Qaeda gains control, they will imminently invade Israel. Maybe expand into Turkey (although, as you said, that's unlikely). The bad part is that Syrians may side with them. al-Qaeda is on their side right now, and the only reason the US isn't doing anything is because they don't want al-Assad in control. Either way, their priorities are mixed up.

Guest hilaryfan80

I honestly don't think America will immediately jump into WWIII. I honestly think that whatever causes it will be in a different area of the world, not under America's influence, so it wouldn't be our fight. Look at what you all have been saying and realize that America really hasn't had a direct connection to any of the arguments you've been saying. It's kind of like what FDR did with WWII: we didn't immediately jump in because it wasn't our fight to do so. We only entered WWII because Pearl Harbor was bombed, which happened a few years after WWII began.

Ah, the Arab Spring. Will it lead to a World War 3 conflict? I doubt it, but it will change the global atmosphere as know it. I'm not going to go in depth about how a possibility of WW3 could happen seeing as everyone in this thread has already mentioned so, but what I will offer is my two cents on America's involvement if this war breaks out,

America, despite it's history of imperialism and sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong, will only get involved if it's abosutely necessary. We just pulled out of Iraq and our current situation in Afghanistan is anything, but peachy. Not to forget our ailing economy. (8.2% unemployment, anyone? Even though it was 10% a couple of months ago) Americans all over are adopting the idea of 'pseudo-isolationism', a word I just made up that basically means that we mind our own business and do not get involved in world affairs besides Foreign Aid, unless it's in our best interest or we have no other choice.

So yeah, my two cents.

• Like 1

I wish they would go away, but they are hell-bent on staying. After we eradicate al-Qaeda, we need to get the hell out of the Middle East. We can still provide support, but ONLY IF THEY WANT IT. After that solider went AWOL and killed 16(?) Afghan Civilians that told me that we need to re-evaluate our foreign policy, but this is another issue all together.

• Like 1

Not only are they hell-bent on staying, they're hell-bent on seeing not only the United States, but the entire globe fall under their control. It's impossible for the latter to happen, but it's a little more likely for the prior. They hate us, and that's the issue we need to be focusing on: al-Qaeda.

The Al Qaeda/Taliban problem has been present for several decades. But I think it was mainly to a mistake make by the U.S in financing those groups to help fight the Soviets in Afghanistan and their ties to the Bin Laden family. Knowing the U.S, they have always been about interests.

I think leaving the Middle East would be a good idea considering democracies are being born in several of those countries like Egypt and Tunisia. Then again it would leave a power vacuum that could be filled by Iran and groups like Hezbollah and Hamas. Take in mind that all of this is the cause of a historic rivalry between the mainly Sunni Arabs and the Shia Iranians; and the countries representing the two groups are Saudi Arabia and Iran.

There were news a few months ago that Iran could close the Strait of Hormuz, thus halting most of the oil production unless those countries have a backup plan. Anything could happen.

Now the Western nations are saying they will no accept any resolution that does not include enforcement, as Russia proposes. I honestly don't know how this will work out without some sort of military conflict, it's such a mess.

Not only are they hell-bent on staying, they're hell-bent on seeing not only the United States, but the entire globe fall under their control. It's impossible for the latter to happen, but it's a little more likely for the prior. They hate us, and that's the issue we need to be focusing on: al-Qaeda.

One of the reasons why they hate us is because of our presence in Arab Nations. Hence, why we need to evaluate our foreign policy.

• Like 1