• Advertisement

080a. Best Day Ever

CartoonCF

Well, here in Uruguay, it premiered like a normal episode, just like "A new SB tonight", so I wasn't fooled by the hype like in the USA

That aside, It was an average ep. And Sandy's tail is white on a scene in the end!

• Like 1

Ah, my all-time least favorite episode. All I'll say is that I didn't like it because the plot didn't interest me, and the humor was off.

Short statement, as I'm sure a lot of users are starting to grow weary of me bitching about this particular episode.

• Sad 1

OK, first of all, why was this episode hyped as a special? It's just your typical SpongeBob episode. But, Nick REALLY hyped it with an ENTIRE marathon based around it.

Sure, it got a ton of viewers, but it just really didn't need the need to be called a "special". It was your ordinary, every-day SpongeBob episode. Everyone also seems to note

this, too, so it's unsurprising. I'm not sure what was going on with Nick when they decided to mark this down as a "special".

The episode itself was pretty meh. It's pretty much 70% of the usual SpongeBob situations bunched up together into one episode, plus a band concert at the end which i'm sure

was just a plot excuse to show off the "Best Day Ever" number... which was probably the best part of the episode. The other situations (The Krusty Krab being attacked by nematoads,

which was already done in Help Wanted, Sandy's treedome having a leak, and SpongeBob and Patrick's jellyfishing problem) could've been developed and put together in some other

episodes, but they just crammed them together, added Squidward's concert and the Best Day Ever song, and went ahead to call this a new episode.

Grade: C- (Mediocre)

I don't hate this episode as much as I did when it first aired. Now it's "okay" to me. Pretty much the only thing I like about this episode is the song (which is one of my all-time favorite SB songs), along with the fact that Squidward is actually friendly to SpongeBob in this episode (giving him V.I.P. treatment at his concert, and thanking him by helping with his Best Day Ever show at the end.)

Why is this the best day ever you ask? Because, Gary, I get to start this wonderful day bringing life to a whole new generation of delicious Krabby Patties, followed by a vigorous mid-day session of karate with Sandy, and an afternoon jellyfishing with Patrick, where I'll unveil my newest, most prized possession: the Deluxe Jelly Slayer Composite Pro! And for the grand finale, every one of my closest friends joining together for Squidward's clarinet recital. I am so excited I think I'm gonna explode!

10/10

• Like 2

Why is this the best day ever you ask? Because, Gary, I get to start this wonderful day bringing life to a whole new generation of delicious Krabby Patties, followed by a vigorous mid-day session of karate with Sandy, and an afternoon jellyfishing with Patrick, where I'll unveil my newest, most prized possession: the Deluxe Jelly Slayer Composite Pro! And for the grand finale, every one of my closest friends joining together for Squidward's clarinet recital. I am so excited I think I'm gonna explode!

10/10

you'll die of boringness. 4/10

Yeah, my opinion has changed drastically on this. I don't know about the hype, but if it was as hyped up as people say it was, then man, people must have been disappointed.

It's such a mundane episode that leaves you with nothing to care about. Maybe if SpongeBob's best day ever consisted of things he didn't do every day, I would be more inclined to care. Fittingly, the one thing he doesn't do every day (go to one of Squidward's clarinet concerts) had the best moments, or at least the ones that made me smile awkwardly. But the rest of this episode was a cesspool of childish mediocrity.

Yeah, my opinion has changed drastically on this. I don't know about the hype, but if it was as hyped up as people say it was, then man, people must have been disappointed.

It's such a mundane episode that leaves you with nothing to care about. Maybe if SpongeBob's best day ever consisted of things he didn't do every day, I would be more inclined to care. Fittingly, the one thing he doesn't do every day (go to one of Squidward's clarinet concerts) had the best moments, or at least the ones that made me smile awkwardly. But the rest of this episode was a cesspool of childish mediocrity.

This episode DEFINITELY goes down in "Spongebob Squarepants" history as having one of the MOST misleading episode segment titles EVER!!!! :rolleyes: 'Best Day Ever?!' More like "Anything BUT....!" <_< Other examples of misleading titles include (but are not necessarily limited to) are: "Good Neighbors, Boating Buddies, Someone's In the Kitchen With Sandy, To Love a Patty" (if you think it's about EATING patties), and "Grandma's Secret Recipe" just to name a few off the top of my head! o.o And the fact that Nickeolodeon over-hyped this episode segment to no end certainly didn't HELP matters! :thumbdown: I'd give a 4.4/10 at BEST! :l Enough said! :ph34r:

THIS. THIS.

The song was bad, and so was the plot. Oh yeah, the countdown was COMPLETELY messed up. You-Know-What was Number 1, All That Glitters was Number 12, Band Geeks was Number 38, Chocolate With Nuts was Number 45, Graveyard Shift was Number 70 I think, and Something Smells was nowhere to be found.