• Advertisement

033a. Shanghaied

Steel Sponge

For people who don't know, there were 3 different endings to that episode.

Spongebob's ending: This is the winning ending. Spongebob wishes the Flying Dutchman was a vegetarian. And Spongebob and co. unexpectedly become fruits and TFD admits he has a wish: fruit prevents scurvy. Then Spongebob and co. inside a blender run away from the Flying Dutchman.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Squidward's ending: He wishes he never met Spongebob and Patrick. But he didn't take the be careful what you wish for term. The wish was granted and SB and Pat have no idea who Squidward was. But this wasn't what Squidward meant by never meeting them. Then all three get eaten by the Dutchman.

Patrick's ending: Patrick has trouble thinking on what his wish might be after Squidward reminds him that eternity is a long time. Patrick then wishes for: sticks of gum, and says if they have to stay on the Dutchman's ship for eternity they might as well have fresh breath. Then all three get eaten by the Dutchman.

I thought the episode went bland BTW, I give it a 5 out of 10.

Shanghaied - 10/10

Full of laughs. I loved the concept; I don't understand how some people didn't like this. :S The setup was great, it was chock full of jokes that I sure as hell thought were funny. Overall, just an amazing episode.

I really love this episode. The Fly of Despair and the Perfume Department were hilarious.

I think SpongeBob's ending is the best. At least he was smart enough to come up with a wish that could potentially prevent them from being eaten.