• Advertisement

Staff Changes

Ron

Who would you like to see in the two seats?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be Representative 1?

• CF3698
    • Steel Sponge
  2. 2. Who should be Representative 3?

• SG12
    • SpongeOddFan

We are revitalizing our staff to create a more stable and professional staff to govern SBC. There are several things that you won't see, such as the several guidelines. I wrote around five pages worth of guidelines, stressing equal power. I believe that a forum exists only because of the community on it, which is why a democracy illustrating what the COMMUNITY wants is essential. This new system demonstrates this, creating a staff that balances each other out. It consists of entirely new positions, of which I will describe now:

Director in Chief: Dylan

The Director in Chief may sound like a relapse of the Main Admin position that was abolished in December, when really, it's not. The DC's responsibilities include balancing power with the Board, meeting with teams (not Teams) and making sure they're running smoothly, run technical aspects of the site, overlook design and aesthetics and skin developments, deal with site-wide issues and member issues, and control SpongeBob Universe. They also are in charge of SUR (Static User Recruiting), which is a new method that was created to help slide new members into the Community.

Deputy Director: jjsthekid

The Deputy Director deals with day-to-day tasks, often touching base with the moderating team. They orchestrate forum events, make sure the forums are clean, help attend to those who need support, and oversee the overall conditions of the forum as the day goes on. They work primarily with the Director in Chief to share information. If the DC is unavailable, the Deputy Director is allowed to take over his/her duties until they return.

Head of Innovation: Clappy

The Head of Innovation is constantly crafting different events, themes, and new things on the site. They also head the GFX team and advertising efforts, innovating new advertising techniques, graphics, and other creative tasks. They are responsible for training new additions to their teams. The HIO also oversees the amount of traffic on each individual branch of SBC (the forums, the Wikis, Spongebobness, and the chat), records the data, and sends it to the Director in Chief, as well as analyzing the results himself.

Editor in Chief: Wumbology

As Editor in Chief, the incumbent is largely responsible for anything occurring on the various Wikis in the network. Those Wikis include the SpongeBob SquarePants Wiki, the SpongeBob Squarepants Fanon Wiki, and the SBC Wiki. As Editor in Chief, they are in charge of coordinating activities on the Wiki, as well as directing the editors of the Wikis in general. They are also in charge of Anti-Spam teams to keep the Wikis free of vandalism, as well as other types of teams, which are meant to keep the Wikis stocked with the best amount of quality information and content possible.

Senior Moderator: terminoob

The Senior Moderator looks after the entire moderator group has seniority over. The SM is in charge of maintaining a certain standard for his/her team, and can temporarily remove any mod from his/her team, and then permanently with approval from the Board, if the SM feels the mod is out of line or no longer able to perform in his/her position adequately. The Senior Moderator also assigns moderators to boards. Although he/she can remove mods, he/she can also promote. A SM may stay in the position for a maximum of two years before being moved to the Board.

Mediator Moderator: SpongeSebastian

The Mediator Moderator largely deals with disputes between members on the forum and is trained by the SM to take the Senior Moderator position. The incumbent of this position is based off of elective results.

Report Moderator: teenj12

The RM deals with Reports and catalogues them. They deal with trouble-makers, spam, and overlook basic moderating duties. If there is a personal issue between two members, it goes to the Mediator Mod.

Representative Senior Board of SBC

The Board balances out the staff's power and represents the Community. It consists of senior users (anybody on SBC longer than a year) and has a say in what goes on in SBC. It consists of the following seats, and may expand depending on the size of SBC:

Chairman of the Board - that70sguy92

Representative 1 - Vacant

Representative 2 - CDCB

Representative 3 - Vacant

Representative 4 - Jelly

hilaryfan80 will also be taking up a position known as "Head of Technology." :)

All of these people's terms begin today, July 7th, 2012, and will end officially on July 7th, 2014. That may seem like a long shot off, but hey, it seems just like yesterday we were on Forumotion, right? And that was already over a year ago.

If you wish to elect people to those two vacant seats, please say so here. :)

sorry to sound a bit rude but Editor In Chief for a wikia idea seems a bit unfair jjs & Seb ARE main admins of SBC Wiki & teenj & I are admins of that too.

And i nonimate to myself as well.

From what I've read, the EIC simply oversees and helps organize ALL three wikis and makes sure the general flow of accurate information is being filtered. He won't replace you, he just helps to direct you.

From what I've read, the EIC simply oversees and helps organize ALL three wikis and makes sure the general flow of accurate information is being filtered. He won't replace you, he just helps to direct you.

OMJ is completely correct, SOF. Wumbo will meet with teams on the Wiki (such as Anti-Vandalism teams) which will soon be formed, as well as performing the jobs OMJ listed above.

JCM was omitted because he doesn't qualify as a "Senior" member; in August, he will.

Fair enough. I probably would have abused the power, anyway.

And you forgot to mention the Head of Technology in your original post. Don't ask me how I know about it.

Well, I think this is a good place to end. Congratulations to Steel Sponge and SG12, who will now be your representatives in the first and third seats respectively. :) From now on, if you have a concern or a problem with SBC, you may PM either of these two and they will be able to make a difference on your behalf. ^_^

Steel and SG, you both will have access to the Staff Lounge soon.