• Advertisement

101a. House Fancy

Jinjo

Now, before you all get worked up over the toe nail scene, hear me out. If you take out the toe nail scene, the episode isn't that bad. Squidward actually got a moment of victory in the end, compared to some other Season 6 eps. I mean yes, SpongeBob was annoying, and it did seem like it was trying a bit too hard to be funny at times (like with the toilet gag), but regardless, it was nice to see Squiddy win. 7.5/10

Despite the toenail scene, it was actually a good episode. Interesting plot (Spongebob helps Squidward fix up his house), a few good jokes here and there, and overall, pretty funny. The toilet humor was handled in a not so terrible way, and it was nice to see Squidward win for once. Pretty good start to a season that would later throw it all away. 8/10.

But seriously, the toenail scene was a random moment of disgustingly graphic gore. That didn't need to exist.

Okay episode. Some of the eye candy in Squilliam's mansion were pleasant to see, although the horrid toenail scene was...sorta the opposite. The humor wasn't very good here either, although I still got a few laughs, in comparison to the rest of Season 6. The episode has a few problems, such as the aforementioned toenail scene and Spongebob being too stupid, but overall, it was watchable.

7/10

The toenail scene was stupid and overly abusive, and just horrid. Besides that, the episode was good.

I liked getting a tour of Squilliam's house.

This was the last time Squilliam has had a major role, since then only minor appearances and mentionings.

BRING HIM BACK! BRING HIM BACK!

7/10 Would be an 8.5 if that toenail scene was horrible enough to draw away from it.

I liked this episode. It was nice to see Squidward win, I liked the talking toilet, and getting to see Squilliam's house was nice. But unfortunately, Squilliam's house took up half the episode. Anyway, a decent way to start out Season 6.

Final score: 6.5/10

Spoiler

toenails

It was a great episode of SpongeBob. There were some funny parts in this episode like SpongeBob saying he was spying on Squidward. It's not one of my favorites because there were some boring parts and the toenail scene was gross. At least Squidward was happy at the end. 8/10

Without the toenail scene, it's still really boring, i guess it was nice seeing squillaims house and seeing squid win i guess though

With toenail:3.5

Without toenail:5.5

:buttclap: :hysterical: I can't belive i said that. I rewatched and it was great, a tad boring but still a good eppy

With toenail: 7.5

Without: 8

Here's a review:

This episode starts with squidward drinking some tea and preparing for his favorite show "House fancy" but then he gets a phone call from squilliam, squilliam asks if he is watching house fancy, because guess what? squilliam is in house fancy, of course this upsets squidward,  :angry_squidward-302:  we tour squilliams house for a bit and then squidward calls nikki, the house fancy host, and says his house is fancier then squilliams. Nikki will come over to squid in two hours! :patrick_crying-308: Turns out spongebob was stalking, i wonder if he stalks squidward at night. :smirk: . Squidward lets spongebob in to help. Spongebob paints the whole house,not just the faded spot. But then, the problem with this episode comes up. squidward-toenail-o.gif:SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: :SquidGroan: . Then squidwards house is completely destroyed, turns out nikki thinks this is fancy and squidward wins. Not bad at all and very underrated.

Well, excluding the toenail scene, I actually though this episode was terribly boring. SpongeBob was as annoying as ever and let's not forget that the toenail scene literally took up about 18% of the episode (2 minutes). The ending was pretty good, but apart from that, nothing else was really that interesting. There were a few OK jokes, and the idea of Squidward completely screwing up his house because he asked SpongeBob to help was actually really funny. Really, this episode was just... An episode, with a really disgusting and cringe-worthy scene, and one really funny scene.

6/10