• Advertisement

073a. New Leaf

Jjs Goodman

Discuss it here.

I don't get why this episode gets so much flak, I thought Plankton finally giving up on the formula was an interesting idea, although Mr. Krabs was a little mean when he destroyed Plankton's store. It could've been a bit funnier, but I thought there was some nice and touching parts. 7/10

Really great quality episode, I thought it was a great idea to make Plankton seem as though he was becoming a good guy. Even though it's obvious that he wouldn't, it seemed like he had Krabs tricked. I liked the scene where they were playing trust fall. xD Sometimes I wonder if they were actually having a good time together. I also like the scene where Mr. Krabs danced to a DJ SpongeBob and when Mr. Krabs called Plankton up on the phone.

9/10

This episode is right at the line of "decent" and "plain bad". I will say the plot is interesting, and there's actually a little decent humor in this episode. Another thing I liked is the reference to Imitation Krabs (Robot Krabs is seen in the pile of stuff used to attempt the stealing of the Krabby Patty Formuler) and possibly other episodes. This episode would be a little higher if it wasn't for KRABSY'S GOSH DARN UTTER OBLIVIOUSNESS. During most of his screen time, and especially when he went inside the Chum Bucket, I wanted to take Thor's hammer, cover it in metal, AND SMASH THE DUDE RIGHT IN HIS ARMOR ABS. He was so annoying. Now for the montage when Krabs and Plankton "start over". This music was meh, while the montage itself was also meh. This episode was honestly OK.

Another great season 4 episode but It has flaws. It was predictable that Plankton didn't even changed and Mr. Krabs was a jerk in this episode. In my opinion, Mr. Krabs is okay in season 4 but he was getting on my nerves in this episode. The funny moments are the reference to Imitation Krabs, Squidward saying "This is idiotic.", then Mr. Krabs saying "Dance or you're fired" and then Squidward dancing and the montage. I rate this episode 8/10