• Advertisement

084b. Boat Smarts

Jinjo

This episode is underrated and so hilarious. Its my favorite short episode of SpongeBob. Sure, SpongeBob was very stupid in this episode but that's the reason why I think this episode is so funny. This episode remined me of Krusty Krab Training Video which is one of my favorite episodes. this episode will never be amazing as KKTV but It's still a funny episode and one of my favorite season 5 episodes. A lot of parts made me laugh in this episode, especially the part with Squidward chashing into a wall and the footage from test dummy being shown and the test dummy being Squidward. Minus SpongeBob's stupidity, I had no problem with this episode. 10/10

The perfect example of an episode outright RUINED by inappropriate context. This could have worked as a decent parody of educational videos, much like the Krusty Krab Training Video, but instead, it seems to be teaching kids wrong things. Even removing that, it wasn't very funny, either. 3/10

I thought this was a very funny episode.

Even though people think SpongeBob was too stupid in this episode, I think it was kinda the point. He's a reckless driver and was being used as a bad example in order to present Squidward as a good example of what a competent driver SHOULD do.

This episode is honestly completely horrible and in my bottom 50. In addition to the unnecessary squid abuse, this episode is an absolutely shameful way to try to recapture the Krusty Krab Training Video. This episode is nowhere near as funny or as clever as that one, and it just feels like a total ripoff. Also, SpongeBob is just absolutely annoying. I get that the point of exaggerating his reckless driving was to showcase that he's an example of bad boat smarts, but they exaggerated it so far to the point where SpongeBob comes off as an ignorant prick who is intentionally harming people. See, the difference between this episode and many others is that in most episodes, though SpongeBob is indeed a bad driver, he's never a driver who is trying to intentionally harm or fail. He is just clueless and naive on how to drive and pass his test. It's a lot more funny IMO to watch him just simply be naive and not understanding of how to pass his test, than the way they show him here as a ignorant jerk who is an intentionally bad driver. I've said enough. This episode plain sucks, and I honestly am shocked that it doesn't get more hate. It's right up there with Waiting as a candidate for the worst and most dreadful short of all time.

1.9/10

Edited by SpongeNicko