• Advertisement

Natural Disasters

TJ

Natural Disasters  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst Natural Disatster?

• Hurricanes
    • Earthquakes
    • Tornados
    • Volcanoes
    • Floods
    • Landslide/Mudslide
    • Tsunamis
    • Wildfires

I found this out last year. I don't know if you guys knew this but I found out that tornadoes can form inside of hurricanes. Which just goes to show that hurricanes are the most powerful storm on earth. Tornadoes would be a close second. It's really hard trying to find a safe place to live. On the West coast people have to deal with Earth Quakes and Wild fires. In the middle of the country (Tornado Alley) People have to deal with tornadoes all of the time. Of course tornadoes and Earthquakes can happen anywhere. Then for the most part the Gulf of Mexico and the entire East Coast has to deal with Hurricanes every summer. No matter where you go there is some sort of natural disaster that happens. There is no escaping Mother Nature. (Here I go again. I watch The Weather Channel too much) :P

Many see and hear the stories about tornadoes and the aftermath, but with out a doubt hurricanes are the worst natural disaster. Hurricanes cause more damage than any single tornado ever has. I will give you an idea how deadly hurricanes are. The famous Category 5 hurricane in 2005 known as Hurricane Katrina caused 1,883 deaths and billions of dollars in damage. Katrina is around the 30th worst hurricane. The Joplin EF-5 Tornado caused 158 deaths, the most from a tornado and is usually ranked #1 worst tornado. So yes, hurricanes take more lives and have better ability to cause more damage. And yes, hurricanes also spinup tornadoes with any circuation in rain bands.

So those are my thoughts

Earthquakes are the worst. I saw the San Andreas Fault last year on our way to a Mammoth Mountain trip. It's huge! Plus if you're in the middle of an earthquake, its both scary and exhilarating at the same time!

My basement is prone to flooding if there is a huge thunderstorm that knocks out the power. It's a pain in the ass to drain it, dry it, repaint, and basically just clean up the mess.

There is also the possibility of losing valued possessions too.

If possible, you should add an option for Ice Storms. Those suck as well.

I agree with Spongebobs1fan on the idea that hurricanes are often deadlier than tornadoes. However, I would rank tsunamis as the worst and most life-threatening disaster. There's less time to react with tsunamis because they move much more quickly than a hurricane. The force can level or obliterate entire towns within minutes. Plus, even at higher ground, they're difficult to avoid. Last year's tsunami in Japan led to over 18,000 casualties despite advanced warning systems.

Well, I think Hawaii is pretty much vulnerable to all the above, except maybe ice storms unless you find yourselves on the mountain summits in Big Island during the winter. There's been a rash of brushfires lately, even one that broke out close to where I live. We had bad flooding during March, even causing it to hail here. And hail is f'ing rare here. The storm also spawned a few mudslides and a tornado that did some slight damage to a local neighborhood. And we never used to have tornadoes. Can't forget the volcanoes on the Big Island, either, but they're seemingly all good *knocks on wood*. And living in the middle of the ocean makes us prone to earthquakes and tsunamis. Moreso earthquakes, but the Tsunami scares last year and the year before had us all on edge. Also can't forget the devastating tsunami damage here back in like, the 50s. And I think Hurricane Iniki is a solid example of the effects a hurricane can have down here.

Hello Guys i think that natural disaster is a major adverse event resulting from organic procedures of the Earth,like flooding, climate,earthquakes, and other geologic procedures. A natural disaster can cause deaths or property harm, and typically leaves some economic harm in its wake,or ability to recove.Thanks a lot!!

Hello Guys i think that natural disaster is a major adverse event resulting from organic procedures of the Earth,like flooding, climate,earthquakes, and other geologic procedures. A natural disaster can cause deaths or property harm, and typically leaves some economic harm in its wake,or ability to recove.Thanks a lot!!

That makes... no sense in this topic.