• Advertisement

013b. I Was a Teenage Gary

Ron

The only episode of Spongebob I vividly remember creeping me out when I was little. I kinda like it, though I don't get what was so stylishly slashy about it...

I just really, really, really, really hate the unresolved ending. I'm probably known to hate "lame" endings. There wasn't really anything funny in it either, IMO.

The ending was best part. Unresolved endings do not irritate me in shows that don't have real continuity.

Wow

This episode is just weird

And it's kinda funny that they made a Halloween special with this one, which is even creepier than the special.

Except the special wasn't creepy.

I'd say 5.5/10

Here's a Link

1_link-items.jpg

What's really funny is that Nintendo never, EVER explains how Link is able to carry all that STUFF around with him! o.o If they would take the time and introduce something similar to the Magic Bag of Tricks that Felix the Cat carries around in his newer cartoons, that would make a lot more sense; especially in "Majora's Mask" when Link is carrying all those different masks around! :D Enough said! ;)

This episode creeped me out when I was younger. Today, I watched it again, and it was a very weak episode for Season 1. The plot jumps all over: Squidward takes care of Gary, Gary gets sick, SpongeBob becomes a snail, Squidward becomes a snail, :SquidGroan:  SpongeBob's snail transformation still kinda creeped me out too. Anyway, not one of my favorite episodes from pre-movie.

FInal score: 3/10

I feel a bit bad for SQUIDWARD in this one- he just wanted some time away from the two idiots who hound his every waking moment and just because he forgot to feed that stupid snail this whole NIGHTMARE starts for him; just one tiny little mistake makes his life even more like hell than usual!

It's so sad what happened to poor Fred- uh I mean Gary- but Gary does sort of mooch off SpongeBob, I mean what does he bring to the household?

I'm being silly, of course, but I feel enough people don't see this from Squid's point of view.

10/10!