• Advertisement

New Backgrounds

Ron

Within the next few weeks, we will be rolling out several new backgrounds. Basically, we are going to be implementing a new feature called Time Control. What's Time Control? I'll explain right away! :)

Time Control

Time Control is a custom feature for the Community that will alter the background based on your time settings. It looks like this:

Morning - Watch a gorgeous sun rise as the clams begin to chirp, people wake up and the sun rises over Bikini Bottom!

Day - Everyone's awake and going about their daily duties! Just another great day down in the deep blue.

Night - When the sun goes down and the Graveyard Shift starts at the Krusty Krab, who knows what creepy creatures are lurking in the trenches of Bikini Bottom? Includes hidden Easter Eggs

Midnight - It's midnight... all the lights are off in Bikini Bottom. It's quiet. Too quiet.

And then it repeats. However, we will also offer these other special background:

Rainy Bikini Bottom - Oh no! A storm has hit Bikini Bottom! Storm clouds are forming and the rain is pouring down. How much damage will there be?

Halloween - Trick-or-treat! Watch as the city lights up with trick-or-treaters, special decorations, Mr. Krab's famous party attract dozens, and Spongebob tries to scare people! Meanwhile, a ghost army may be trying to invade Bikini Bottom...

These will be released periodically over the course of this summer! :)

Will SpongyGirl 92 be drawing these backgrounds as well? They sound really awesome.

Spongygirl92 did not make the background; she drew what you see on the very bottom, and that's it. I did it; yes, I will be doing these as well. :)

Spongygirl92 did not make the background; she drew what you see on the very bottom, and that's it. I did it; yes, I will be doing these as well. :)

Well, that's what I meant to say. :P Is she gonna draw an image at the bottom for the other backgrounds? Or are you gonna do everything for the other backgrounds (including a bottom image)? Either way, they're gonna rock. Can't wait for em'.

Well, that's what I meant to say. :P Is she gonna draw an image at the bottom for the other backgrounds? Or are you gonna do everything for the other backgrounds (including a bottom image)? Either way, they're gonna rock. Can't wait for em'.

It'll probably be the same base image she have, just different versions. Like, the night version, the morning version, etc. And then for the Halloween version, everything will be decorated and a bunch of people will be walking around Bikini Bottom. :)

Update

Weekly banners to fit the current time will be featured as well. For example:

Morning - Warm banner, SpongeBob and Squidward walking to work as we see Patrick still sleeping on the outside of his rock.

Day - A very busy scene in the Krusty Krab as anchovies swarm the restaurant

Night - Gary floats in a bubble at night as the moon brightly shines

Midnight - Patrick is asleep, laying over the "SBC Forums" logo as he drools.

So, as you can see, these banners will be the same for an entire week, but will then change when a new week comes. They will sometimes tell a story, and sometimes will just be there to fit the color scheme of the backgrounds. :)