• Advertisement

terminoob's Sketchy-Sketchbook

terminoob

There's a stark contrast between the quality of these two that I think is sort of cool. I'm redoing these pages I did a couple weeks ago because I was penciling and inking them during an all-nighter and I knew they weren't up to my standard (and it didn't even look like my style) when I turned them in but my professor said they looked good enough to just hand in, but I was really adamant about wanting to totally redo them because I knew I could do better. This is just one panel (pencils are in the above post).

Spoiler

First pass that my professor said was good enough (done at 3am)

jsbjtBk.jpg

Second pass that my professor hasn't seen yet (done earlier tonight)

h1gurfT.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teamwork said:

I really like these. What pen do you use for inking?

I don't use a pen, I use a brush. It takes a bit of time to get used to but you can get super thin lines once you've got it under control.

Just now, Teamwork said:

A brush pen or just a normal brush?

Just a normal brush. Windsor Newton Sable Series 7 Size 2. I used to use a Pentel brush pen for about a year and I think that helped somewhat when it came to transitioning to a normal brush, so if you're interested then I'd start with the Pentel and get a feel for using a brush and then go to a Windsor Newton just because they're super expensive and it'd be kind of a waste if you wound up not liking inking or if you just decided using a brush wasn't for you.

• Like 1