• Advertisement

049b. Rock A Bye Bivalve

spongebobfan29

As controversal as this ep is, it's one of my favorites. Many of the things, SpongeBob and Patrick did had me laughing.

especially the part where Patrick came home late and SpongeBob was standing here with his hair in curlers and a dress on.

The only reason this episode IS controversial is because this episode generates more support for the "Spongebob x Patrick" shippers (and let's not be naive, we KNOW they're out there) than any other episode in the entire "Spongebob Sqaurepants" series!...At least, as of August 27, 2012! :D I thought it was a pretty funny episode overall! :lol: Enough said! ;)

Rock A Bye Bivalve - A+

This episode was perfect. With constant laughs, a creative and edgy plot that really pushes the envelope, and stellar tension between SpongeBob and Patrick, this certainly is one of the best episode of the series. The humor in it was one thing I absolutely loved. Everything that happened had me laughing super hard, to the point where my stomach hurt. Patrick shone in particular here; his stupidity was on key for his character, and both were great parodies of new parodies. Loved this episode!

I'll be honest, Patrick kind of rubbed me the wrong way in this one. For the most part it worked, but there were instances where it was just a little too much.

However, this is where the inspiration behind "When Coconuts Attack" from Patrick's Big Break came from, so I gotta give the episode some credit. And credit it deserves, even apart from that. Great plot, great humour, I laughed wholeheartedly, and it was a funny episode that was funny.

TAKE-THAT-HATERS.jpg

Great but not perfect as Krab Borg. Patick was a jerk in this episode and he really made me angry in this episode but It's still a funny episode and Patrick made me laugh in this episode. I laughed at many parts like Gary doing a rimshot, Patrick watching someone getting hit by a coconut, "Uhhh" time card appearing, the baby scallop dropping a coconut on Patrick's head and Patrick's "Yeah, Let's have another!" line. 9/10

In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick take on their toughest challenge yet: parenthood. After coming upon an abandoned scallop, they decide to raise the critter as their own, and while they do so, we get some cleverly-disguised commentary on the nature of marriage today (or in 2002, at least). Patrick nails the role of the neglectful father, as we all knew he would, since he can barely take care of himself. SpongeBob plays the overworked mother who, though happy to take care of the baby, really just wants a break. Speaking of breaks, how did he get the time off work necessary to rear a child for several days in a row? I doubt that Mr. Krabs would buy that he was on maternity leave, but that's another discussion for another day.

Overall, this episode was pretty great satire. It took the "Parents for a Day" trope and gave it its own SB spin. I don't know what became of Junior after that, but I'm certain that he hasn't forgotten his experiences with the duo and that he won't forget them anytime soon.