1. 1. What Would You Like To See?

• More MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy
    • More Karate
    • More Jellyfishing
    • Less Krusty Krab
    • Less Plankton
    • More Goo Lagoon
    • More Boating School

So far, so bad. I don't care for all the arguments coming from "THE SHOW IS GOING BACK TO ITS ROOTS!!!!" or, more importantly, "YOU'RE JUST A HATER". The vast majority of the episodes (counting the Greek ones) are just plain dull. Where the inventive humor went, I don't know, and shows that the Sponge needs to be put out of its misery already. 

The best (so far) is Eek! An Urchin, one of the only tolerable recent episodes.

The worst is Little Yellow Book, with Spongebob, You're Fired not too distant away. 

Edited by PatBack

So far, so bad. I don't care for all the arguments coming from "THE SHOW IS GOING BACK TO ITS ROOTS!!!!" or, more importantly, "YOU'RE JUST A HATER". The vast majority of the episodes (counting the Greek ones) are just plain dull. Where the inventive humor went, I don't know, and shows that the Sponge needs to be put out of its misery already. 

The best (so far) is Jailbreak!, and it doesn't even crack the Top 75. 

The worst is Little Yellow Book, with Spongebob, You're Fired not too distant away. 

I found Little Yellow Book much better than Jailbreak!, specifically because Jailbreak!'s all about another lame plot to steal the Recipe, which ultimately fails, as we always expected. Little Yellow Book at least has some creativity to it. Nonetheless, we all have our opinions right? :)

• Like 1

what we need is a thanksgiving episode

I think it would be hard to make an episode like this since only the US celebrates it and a lot of fans aren't from the states. People would probably be asking for other national holidays then. Well at least we still have that Thanksgiving dinner scene from It's A SpongeBob Christmas.

• Like 1

I think it would be hard to make an episode like this since only the US celebrates it and a lot of fans aren't from the states. People would probably be asking for other national holidays then. Well at least we still have that Thanksgiving dinner scene from It's A SpongeBob Christmas.

Yeah I see what you are saying, though HeyArnold and ICarly have had thanksgiving specials. They could make a fake bikini bottom holiday that's kinda like thanksgiving maybe. I just think if well written it could be a good episode.

• Like 1

Yeah I see what you are saying, though HeyArnold and ICarly have had thanksgiving specials. They could make a fake bikini bottom holiday that's kinda like thanksgiving maybe. I just think if well written it could be a good episode.

We should have a Leif Erickson Day special. I'd watch that.

Our brilliant writers could only dream of making that kind of quality plot, let alone an entire good episode based around it. Dream on. 

My overview/ breakdown of season 9 so far:

Light Green  10/10

Green = 9.0/10- 9.9/10

Turquoise = 8.0/10-8.9/10

Brown 7.9 and below

Extreme Spots 8.1/10

Squirrel Record 7.5/10

Patrick-Man 10/10

Gary's New Toy 8.5/10

License to Milkshake 8.3/10

Squid Baby 7.0/10

Little Yellow Book 7.5/10

Bumper to Bumper 8.5/10

Eek an Urchin! 9.5/10

Squid Defense 8.5/10

Jailbreak! 9.5/10

Evil Spatula 8.2/10

Safe Deposit Krabs 8.3/10

Plankton's Pet 9.2/10

Don't Look Now 9.0/10

Séance Shméance 7.3/10

Spongebob You're Fired 7.6/10

It Came From Goo Lagoon 8.4/10

Average of a 84% Can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings! I'd say its been a pretty decent season to this point 

Who even said this season has more than 13 episodes? :P We've been confused earlier with season 6 ordering 13 episodes, and turning out to have 26. On top of that, we only know of 13 episodes. Anyhow, I heard somewhere that the second half will be at least different (being written after the movie of having totally different writers).

Who even said this season has more than 13 episodes? :P We've been confused earlier with season 6 ordering 13 episodes, and turning out to have 26. On top of that, we only know of 13 episodes. Anyhow, I heard somewhere that the second half will be at least different (being written after the movie of having totally different writers).

It was confirmed a long time ago this season has 27 episodes, according to Bryan Alford's episode list on toonzone. The season isn't finished because of the new movie.

The best (so far) is Eek! An Urchin, one of the only tolerable recent episodes.

Our brilliant writers could only dream of making that kind of quality plot, let alone an entire good episode based around it. Dream on.

:nonono: It's not a great season but I was way too harsh on it with these comments.

I'll rate and review some of the episodes.

Extreme Spots - **/*****

Squirrel Record - ****/*****

Patrick-Man - ****/*****

Gary's New Toy - ***/*****

License to Milkshake - ****/*****

Squid Baby - */ *****

Bumper to Bumper - ***/*****

Little Yellow Book - */*****

Eek! An Urchin - ***/*****

Squid Defense - **/*****

Evil Spatula - ****/*****

Jailbreak - ****/*****

It Came from Goo Lagoon - */*****

Plankton's Pet - *****/*****

Safe Deposit Krabs - ****/*****

Don't Look Now - ***/*****

Seance Schmeance - ***/*****

Kenny the Cat - **/*****

Yeti Krabs - ****/*****

SpongeBob You're Fired - **/*****

Lost in Bikini Bottom - ****/*****

Tutor Sauce - ****/*****

I'll be updating this list as the season continues.

Still too early to tell, though Tutor Sauce and LIBB were really promising. I'm pumped for the new episodes. The first half of the season was pretty good as well.

Does anyone think we should split the Season 9 forums into the two parts (9.1 and 9.2)? I don't know, just a suggestion. But anyway, Season 9 is going pretty good, and especially with Season 9.2, I think we've got a comeback on our hands.

Nah, we should at least wait a little before we do that. Who knows, 9.1 and 9.2 might not be that different. But if they do, yeah that's a decent idea.

Extreme Spots 6/10

Squirrel Record 6,5/10

Patrick-Man 7,5/10

Gary's New Toy 7/10

License to Milkshake 6/10

Squid Baby 3/10

Little Yellow Book 5,5/10

Bumper to Bumper 5/10

Eek an Urchin! 8/10

Squid Defense 6,5/10

Jailbreak! 8/10

Evil Spatula 8/10

Safe Deposit Krabs 7/10

Plankton's Pet 7,5/10

Don't Look Now 6,5/10

Séance Shméance 6,5/10

Spongebob You're Fired 4/10

It Came From Goo Lagoon 6,5/10

Kenny The Cat 6,5/10

Yeti Krabs Haven't seen it

Lost in Bikini Bottom 6/10

Tutor Sauce 8/10

Best: Jailbreak!

One of the best Plankton episodes in the entire series. Great fun, great action, and a very creative use of chum.

Worst: Squid Baby

I could've (and should've) been watching Rock-a-Bye Bivalve. What a stupid premise, by the way.

Overall, pretty decent. I'd say it's an improvement from season 8.

Extreme Spots 6/10

Squirrel Record 6,5/10

Patrick-Man 7,5/10

Gary's New Toy 7/10

License to Milkshake 6/10

Squid Baby 3/10

Little Yellow Book 5,5/10

Bumper to Bumper 5/10

Eek an Urchin! 8/10

Squid Defense 6,5/10

Jailbreak! 8/10

Evil Spatula 8/10

Safe Deposit Krabs 7/10

Plankton's Pet 7,5/10

Don't Look Now 6,5/10

Séance Shméance 6,5/10

Spongebob You're Fired 4/10

It Came From Goo Lagoon 6,5/10

Kenny The Cat 6,5/10

Yeti Krabs Haven't seen it

Lost in Bikini Bottom 6/10

Tutor Sauce 8/10

Best: Jailbreak!

One of the best Plankton episodes in the entire series. Great fun, great action, and a very creative use of chum.

Worst: Squid Baby

I could've (and should've) been watching Rock-a-Bye Bivalve. What a stupid premise, by the way.

Overall, pretty decent. I'd say it's an improvement from season 8.

Howly sheet. You're still alive.