1. 1. What Would You Like To See?

• More MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy
    • More Karate
    • More Jellyfishing
    • Less Krusty Krab
    • Less Plankton
    • More Goo Lagoon
    • More Boating School

So, we all know Season 8 is coming to its ends soon. 175-178 (along with Demolition Doofus and Face Freeze!) just need to air, and we do know Season 9 is premiering in 2012.

Now, Season 7 improved on 6, and 8 improved on 7. 8 has been considered to be one of the best post-movie seasons. Perhaps Season 9 could change that. ;) What would you like to see?

Also, yes, Season 9 will have 26 episodes like 6, 7 and 8 did. It will bring the show to 204 episodes, also passing the 200th episode milestone. Do you guys think they may do special for the 200th episode as well?

• Like 1

I definitely think that they will do a special for the 200th ep. But I really hope season 9 will be a definite game-changer for people's opinions on post-movie episodes. I would like A LOT more Goo Lagoon and KAH-RAH-TAY episodes. That'd make me happier than a junebug at a porch light sale! :)

• Like 1

I'd like to see more MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy, and in fact, I wouldn't even mind a 7th episode in roman numerals now that the MM&BB eps have started to suck less.

• Like 1

Personally I would love to see more songs. A musical song would be cool. Maybe they can add the song "Superior" by Squidward in an episode. I would also would like a duet with SpongeBob and Sandy.

• Like 3

I'd like to see more MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy, and in fact, I wouldn't even mind a 7th episode in roman numerals now that the MM&BB eps have started to suck less.

It's funny, I remember saying something just like this a while ago....

Anyway, I doubt that they'll do anything special for the 200th episode. For the 100th episode, we got Banned In Bikini Bottom and Stanley S. Squarepants, which were hardly special. I've already posted my thoughts on what I want elsewhere, so I'll repost some of those:

-I want them to give Aaron Springer a Storyboard Directing partner again. Aaron and C.H Greenblatt were the best writing team in Seasons 2-3. I want a callback to those days. Aaron in Post Movie has been partnered with Chris Reccardi, Charlie Bean, Vincent Waller, and Sean Charmatz. The episodes with these partners were among some of Aaron's greatest. Now he storyboard directs alone, while every other storyboard director is a team of two (Casey Alexander has Zeus Cervas, Luke Brookshier has Marc Ceccareli, etc.). I kinda feel bad for the dude. He's been writing great episodes lately; imagine what a good partner could do to help that.

-Better animation. It's been progressively getting better. I want to see the show reach Season 4's excellent animation quality.

-More underwater elements need to be added. Episodes like "Bubble Troubles" are a step in the right direction.

-More APM music. Yeah, this season featured a lot of new original music (the title card music for Drive Thru, etc), and S8 let us hear the full versions of tracks we got glimpses of in Season 7 (Animal Antics is featured a lot more, and Home Sweet Rubble's title card music is heard frequently), but I much prefer the APM music of Pre-Movie. Come on. "Now That We're Men" is simply lyrics added to an APM track. I'd like things like that back.

-I want to see if we'll get a new head writer or not. Steven Banks has jumped ship to "The Governator". I wonder if he'll leave to focus on that, or if he'll stay with Spongebob. If Steven leaves, I wonder if a new head writer will have any adverse effects on the show. Hope not.

-They need to start numbering the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes again. Now that they've sarted to suck a little less (Mermaid Man begins was a Pre-Movie quality ep.), I think it's high time that we finally get a Seventh episode. I don't know. It brings back a Pre-Movie vibe to have the episodes numbered. (I knew I had said it before)

-More beach episodes. They're generally enjoyable. The last one we had was Sand Castles In The Sand back in Season 6. I'd actually like episodes in the vein of Life In A Day, in the fact where the episode has a beachy feel (the music, the character's clothing), but doesn't take place entirely at Goo Lagoon.

-Sweeter moments between people that aren't Plankton and Karen. Moments like the ones from Dying For Pie. Nowadays, only Karen and Plankton get sentimental moments. Sometimes, there's the occasion where someone else will have them (Spongebob's letter to Patrick in "Hide And Then What Happens?" is really sweet) but nobody else really gets sentimental moments. I want heartwarming stuff in the show again. "Free Samples" and "Mooncation" have endings that are a step in the right direction.

-And finally, less Plankton episodes (he's becoming extra boring; his neurosis has been explored enough), and also, less of Mr. Krabs being a jerk. He's so mean and greedy nowadays (I'd say that he and Spongebob were hit the worst with Flanderization).

-Aaron Springer, Vincent Waller, Mr. Lawrence, and Paul Tibbitt (and maybe Sean Charmatz for good measure) need to write an episode together. They are the last Pre-Movie writers on the show. It's the best idea ever. DO IT, GUYS.

And that's about it. If Season 9 can be better than Season 4, I'll be satisfied.

• Like 1

I agree with Aquatic Nuggets that we need some Goo Lagoon episodes for once and less episodes centered around Plankton. I have nothing against his character, but he's been having too much screen time lately, which is kind of understandable considering his voice actor is one of the main writers.

If they want to impress us for the 200th episode, they should make it about the origin of Pearl. I'd rather know that than the Krabby Patty secret formula.

• Like 1

I'd defiantly like to see more of the Goo Lagoon (and Larry for that matter) as I believe the last time a story took place there was way back at the end of season 6 ("Sand Castles in the Sand") I would also like to see Sandy there reminiscent of the earlier episodes when they used to go together.

I don't mind the amount of Plankton episodes but I would like to see him focus more on improving the Chum Bucket than stealing the formula.

The Mrs Puff boating episodes are pretty much at the right amount with four of five being enough each season

I would like to see more Patrick-based episodes though as only a few come to mind from this season ("Patrick's Staycation" and "The Googly Artiste")

I'd like to see more Squidward episodes that mix up the plot a bit instead of the same thing happening each time (Squidward wants something-It happens-SpongeBob or Patrick ruin it-They end up getting rewarded-Squidward cries) Maybe we see him paired with a different character and see what happens (This was done very well in "Sweet and Sour Squidward")

Sandy episodes are pretty consistent throughout although I'd like to see one episode where Sandy's love for Karate and science come together (Maybe she creates a machine to make herself better at the sport)

And finally Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, I've really enjoyed how they've been used this season ("Mermaid Man Begins") and would love to see more episodes in that vein in season 9

• Like 1

They need more and less of just about everything on that list lol. I would like to see some more Sandy/SB Karate episodes. POTJ came close to accomplishing that.

I think this season has introduced many new characters, for example in For Here or To Go, Accidents Will Happen, Restraining SpongeBob, Are You Happy Now, etc. Personally I think the episodes are doing well for right now. During the 2 week new episodes thing, we had many new Plankton episodes. I didn't realize how many new Plankton episodes we had until I saw the future episodes as well. So, I agree now that we need less Plankton episodes. Sandy episodes and Sandy starring episodes have been abundant this season as well.

I think this season has introduced many new characters, for example in For Here or To Go, Accidents Will Happen, Restraining SpongeBob, Are You Happy Now, etc.

but those are all season eight episodes