• Advertisement

Gravity Falls

Steel Sponge

Guest hilaryfan80

Since I was asked to put more insight into this topic, I will. (smirk)

Again, for the purpose of not spoiling anything, the rest is entirely up to your discretion. The spoiler below assumes that you are caught up to the penultimate episode. You have been warned.

Spoiler

What I'm predicting in the finale is something that will completely solve the mystery of Gravity Falls. What I mean by that is the hour long finale should answer some of the most burning questions:

1. Why are there magical creatures in Gravity Falls?
  2. Why is there a UFO in Gravity Falls? Was it attracted there, or did the UFO bring forth a bunch of oddities in the town?
  3. Why, of all places, did Stan go to Gravity Falls for his research specifically? We know he went because of reported oddities, but was he drawn there intentionally? How and when did Gravity Falls become odd enough for Stan to notice?
  4. Of all places, why did Bill Cipher choose to target Gravity Falls specifically as the beginning of his conquest of the physical world? He's been reported to be around France, Egypt, and other places and could have easily wrecked havoc on cities where destruction and killing people would be much more fun, so why did he pick Gravity Falls? Sure, an explanation is that the opportunity was there, but the opportunity existed only because he helped Stan create the portal in, you guessed it, Gravity Falls. What's so special about the town? Did Bill purposely lure Stan to Gravity Falls for a reason? Why hasn't Bill tried to trick others before when there have been clearly smarter people? Is Stan special? Did Bill need Stan for a specific reason?

I mean sure, it's a kids show, but you cannot dismiss the fact that Alex Hirsch foreshadowed to such great degree that you cannot reasonably claim that the "big reveal" was Stan himself. No, there must be something bigger than that, and I'm very sure the final will reveal at least something. I wouldn't be satisfied with the show if Dipper and Mabel hopped on the bus to go home without the show revealing the very premise that the show began with: the town's mysteries.

*deep inhale*

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 1