• Advertisement

Gravity Falls

Steel Sponge

In the end of everything that I've laid my eyes on, all I can say about the entire show now is this:

Gravity Falls: Best animated series of the decade. This is something I hope will stick, for something I will even call a timeless classic. 10/10.

Thanks for everything, Alex Hirsch.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

Now that the show is over, lets say our favorite and least favorite episodes episodes :sbgrin:

It'd be hard to pick since I love almost every episodes but here are ones that really mattered to me.

The Time Traveler's Pig

Fight Fighters

Dreamscaperers

Gideon Rises

Into the Bunker

Soos and the Real Girl

Blendin's Game

Northwest Mansion Mystery

Not What He Seems/Tale of Two Stans

Dipper and Mabel vs The Future

Entire of Weirdmageddon but If you want me to rate: 3 > 1 > 2

Least Favorites would be The Love God and Boyz Crazy, they did have shining moments but they weren't as strong as other episodes imo, The Love God's implication confuses me, while I didn't care that much to Boyz Crazy.

I thought the finale was very emotional and exciting, and still managed to get some jokes in. A solid end to a fine cartoon. It's not perfect; for instance, I wish more had been done with Pacifica. She had good character development in Northwest Mansion Mystery but then she was just thrown to the wayside until the finale. But I do love this show and I'll miss it.

Spoiler

Random thoughts:

-I teared up when Grunkle Stan couldn't remember anything tho :'( Glad he regained his memory in the end.

-Regarding Pacifica, again...it was really sweet that she got gifts for the twins, and nice callbacks to The Golf War and Northwest Mansion Mystery. I feel bad that her family is broke now, though. :/ I did like how she was willing to risk her life to save her parents even though they're jerks. 

-Not a Wendip shipper but Wendy and Dipper switching hats was still cute.

-Didn't expect the twin switch with Stan and Ford.

-I didn't think Disney was actually gonna let the cops be gay, but props to them! 

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2

Just thought I'd post this.

Spoiler

The message says "XOLOTL! MY TIME HAS COME TO BURN! I INVOKE THE ANCIENT POWERS THAT I MAY RETURN!"

As for the finale, it ended in a very satisfactory way. The ending was a bit sappy, but I liked how everything wrapped up nicely. And the fight between the house and Bill Cipher was pretty damn epic. I did not expect Grunkle Stan to disguise himself as Stanford and punch out Bill sacrificing himself in the fire. This was one of the best finales to an animated show ever.

We'll meet again

Don't know where, don't know when

Oh, I know we'll meet again some sunny day

• Like 3

Btw If any of you didn't notice it, here's a a sweet thing in end credit scene. SPOILER!!!

Spoiler

http://doctorwhobob.tumblr.com/post/139503732462/busket-um-can-we-talk-about-this-picture-its

If you see the picture that I showed, you can see Mabel's ex crushes and then her making a heart for herself. That's a pretty sweet thing. After desperate to find herself a summer boyfriend, she realized that she doesn't need a boyfriend to be happy, she can be happy with loving herself. I think it's a really sweet thing and it shows Mabel's pretty maturing. <3

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Btw If any of you didn't notice it, here's a a sweet thing in end credit scene. SPOILER!!!

Hide contents

http://doctorwhobob.tumblr.com/post/139503732462/busket-um-can-we-talk-about-this-picture-its

If you see the picture that I showed, you can see Mabel's ex crushes and then her making a heart for herself. That's a pretty sweet thing. After desperate to find herself a summer boyfriend, she realized that she doesn't need a boyfriend to be happy, she can be happy with loving herself. I think it's a really sweet thing and it shows Mabel's pretty maturing. <3

I was wondering what that tree said, now that I know, I think it's sweet. Glad to see how much Mabel has grown of the summer.

So...I'm three weeks late. But you know what they say, better late than never. I watched all of Season 2. Regarding Weirdmageddon...

Now that is what I call a grand finale. Nothing was rushed, the suspense was immaculate, and don't even get me started on the imagination that went into all of it. Easily one of the best TV show specials/series finales I've seen in a long time. It had a definite ending...that also managed to leave a door open for more somehow. Like, they brought all the characters together and explained what happened to them, yet I still wanted to see more of them and their adventures.

It's amazing how the show didn't have to end here. It could've easily gone on for at least three to five more seasons, having shown no signs of going anywhere near downhill and certainly no signs of running out of ideas. Every episode was at the very least well-written and even though there were only forty, I'm still impressed that none of them were duds. Even my favorite shows that have had at least competent writing for every episode have still had a few eh/meh episodes. Every episode also had a creative plot that I got into and characters that I was invested in. Scratch that, characters I'm still invested in.

The show may be over now, but it will always still be going on to me. Even if it had gone for a much longer time, I fully trust that Alex Hirsch would never have allowed it to turn into the next Fairly OddParents. An all around incredible show.

Spoiler

I would've loved to have seen that zodiac in action though...

• Like 3