• Advertisement

Aquatic Nuggets' Thread O' Art

Young Nug

Inked Star Wars Project:

nfl5bs.jpg

Came out about as good as I thought it would. I would've liked to do Patrick as a Wookie, but I wanted to keep close to the original poster.

Inks and Unfinished Pencils for a different piece:

2gvnay1.jpg

Compare to this:

http://paulmmartinbl...ight_poster.jpg

It's the sequel to Mermaid Man Begins: The Old Coot. Soon to be followed by The Old Coot Rises. tongue.png If anyone is interested in coloring these digitally, PM me. I'm too lazy to do it, haha tongue.png

8nKeCeG.jpg

Here's something I drew last night in like 3 minutes

I'd say I'll draw more this summer but knowing me that means I won't draw anything for 6 months so uh.

I WON'T draw anymore this summer. Let's see if that does anything.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

8nKeCeG.jpg

I'd say I'll draw more this summer but knowing me that means I won't draw anything for 6 months so uh.

Tha's really good. :)

i made a thread for my spongebob art and my non spongebob art because I was stupid 3 years ago but I barely draw as is so if a mod could like merge the topics that'd be lit 

Hey kids! Have you ever wanted to draw like Nuggets? Have you ever lurked the art of section of SBC, and gone past the threads of people like Terminoob, Cha, Katie, and all of the other actually good and consistent artists and gotten to this one and been incredibly disappointed? Wouldn't you like to learn how to spread that disappointment to others in your own special way?

Of course you would! So today, Nuggets is gonna show you how exactly he DRAWS HIS STUFF. 

First, he sits at the table in his dorm room and stares at a blank piece of paper and listens to music from his childhood until inspiration hits. Of course, the music in question is just soundtracks from various Sonic games. Then, after 3 million tries at posing and much erasing, Nuggets ends up with his rough pencils, that never look anywhere near as dynamic as they do in his head!

Spoiler

hxtRfRM.jpg

Then Nuggets inks over them with the best inking materials known to man - Sharpie Pens, which make his lines look rough and wobbly and all the same size no matter how he holds his hands.

Spoiler

O2ZhobO.jpg

After that, Nuggets erases the stray pencil marks, and scans that baby in, which is where he ups the contrast and makes the artwork look at least semi-presentable through digital means.

Spoiler

THE INTERNET OR SBC OR SOMETHING WANTS TO BE A FUCKIN BITCH AND WON'T LET ME POST THIS IMAGE FOR SOME REASON SO JUST GO TO THIS LINK DAMN: http://imgur.com/o0vX2pC

Then, because Nuggets is ashamed at how bad the raw artwork looks, he decides to get fancy and color the lines, which is at least one thousand times more complicated than it sounds.

Spoiler

6w6lvgA.png

And then, after that deeply time-consuming process, Nuggets finishes the flat coloring, which is really hard to mess up, so there's no self-deprecating jab here for that one.

wqvbhlk.png

I'm garbage at shading, but I'll have the shaded, final version of this up tomorrow (or knowing me, in like 2 months), but it's 3 in the morning and I'm procrastinating on a paper, so this will be all for today!

Next time on How To Art With Nuggets:

Honey Mustard. A savory dressing, or a shade of yellow better than most paints? You be the judge.

• Like 1

On June 14, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

8nKeCeG.jpg

That looks funny but pretty good :)

Edited by Ol Bold and Brash

On 9/11/2016 at 3:05 AM, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

i made a thread for my spongebob art and my non spongebob art because I was stupid 3 years ago but I barely draw as is so if a mod could like merge the topics that'd be lit 

Hey kids! Have you ever wanted to draw like Nuggets? Have you ever lurked the art of section of SBC, and gone past the threads of people like Terminoob, Cha, Katie, and all of the other actually good and consistent artists and gotten to this one and been incredibly disappointed? Wouldn't you like to learn how to spread that disappointment to others in your own special way?

Of course you would! So today, Nuggets is gonna show you how exactly he DRAWS HIS STUFF. 

First, he sits at the table in his dorm room and stares at a blank piece of paper and listens to music from his childhood until inspiration hits. Of course, the music in question is just soundtracks from various Sonic games. Then, after 3 million tries at posing and much erasing, Nuggets ends up with his rough pencils, that never look anywhere near as dynamic as they do in his head!

Reveal hidden contents

hxtRfRM.jpg

Then Nuggets inks over them with the best inking materials known to man - Sharpie Pens, which make his lines look rough and wobbly and all the same size no matter how he holds his hands.

Reveal hidden contents

O2ZhobO.jpg

After that, Nuggets erases the stray pencil marks, and scans that baby in, which is where he ups the contrast and makes the artwork look at least semi-presentable through digital means.

Reveal hidden contents

THE INTERNET OR SBC OR SOMETHING WANTS TO BE A FUCKIN BITCH AND WON'T LET ME POST THIS IMAGE FOR SOME REASON SO JUST GO TO THIS LINK DAMN: http://imgur.com/o0vX2pC

Then, because Nuggets is ashamed at how bad the raw artwork looks, he decides to get fancy and color the lines, which is at least one thousand times more complicated than it sounds.

Reveal hidden contents

6w6lvgA.png

And then, after that deeply time-consuming process, Nuggets finishes the flat coloring, which is really hard to mess up, so there's no self-deprecating jab here for that one.

wqvbhlk.png

I'm garbage at shading, but I'll have the shaded, final version of this up tomorrow (or knowing me, in like 2 months), but it's 3 in the morning and I'm procrastinating on a paper, so this will be all for today!

Next time on How To Art With Nuggets:

Honey Mustard. A savory dressing, or a shade of yellow better than most paints? You be the judge.

That looks good!