• Advertisement

Legalization of Marijuana

Sebby

I don't believe we've had a discussion about this yet, but it is a been highly-debated subject matter here in the US (especially here in Colorado): Should marijuana be legalized? If so, should it only be legalized for medicinal purposes?

It is heavily debated whether or not marijuana is harmful or not. Some of us (including myself) may have even tried it a couple times. I can admit I've gotten high once, and it is a very surreal and freaky experience, and I definitely don't advise anyone else try it. :crazyeyes:

Other may argue that by legalizing it we may lower crime rates as it pertains to drug distribution. What do you guys think?

I don't get the appeal to drugs and achohol/wine/liquor :P . I will never put that stuff in my body lol.

But I'm cool with it. Actually, I really don't care. I DO know that its a fact that Mirijuana is LESS addictive than Achohol and CAFFEINE! So why is it illegal?

I truly believe in the conspiracy theories that suggest that Marijuana has something special in it, not known to the human race, something only the US Government know...

I think of all the drugs to make illegal, marijuana shouldn't be one of them. I'm not a toker myself, but it doesn't seem much more harmful to me than any other legal drug out there.

Weed can have a mind-altering effect, but it's not addictive like tobacco and less dangerous or potentially lethal to the body than both cigarettes and alcohol. The government is afraid of looking bad when they do legalize pot.

:slowgrin:

YES! A topic relating to politics!

Marijuana should be legalized because frankly the reason why it's illegal today is unrelated to it's effects on the human body. Marijuana in it's purest form (hemp) can be a direct competitor of cotton and paper. It can be used to make clothing and paper of course. The reason why it's illegal (among others) is because plantation owners in the south had a lot of influence of over their Congressional Representatives and convinced them to outlaw Marijuana because it would threaten their business.

I don't see why recreational marijuana shouldn't be legalized. It's not there will be a huge public outcry if it is. I mean, just go to any High School or College. You're guaranteed to find someone who is a dealer or knows someone who is. I believe that marijuana will be legalized, but it will probably be on a state by state level rather than a federal level. Incremental progress.

And no, I haven't smoked it and probably won't once it's legalized. There's just no logical reason for it to be illegal.

• Like 1

:slowgrin:

YES! A topic relating to politics!

Marijuana should be legalized because frankly the reason why it's illegal today is unrelated to it's effects on the human body. Marijuana in it's purest form (hemp) can be a direct competitor of cotton and paper. It can be used to make clothing and paper of course. The reason why it's illegal (among others) is because plantation owners in the south had a lot of influence of over their Congressional Representatives and convinced them to outlaw Marijuana because it would threaten their business.

I don't see why recreational marijuana shouldn't be legalized. It's not there will be a huge public outcry if it is. I mean, just go to any High School or College. You're guaranteed to find someone who is a dealer or knows someone who is. I believe that marijuana will be legalized, but it will probably be on a state by state level rather than a federal level. Incremental progress.

And no, I haven't smoked it and probably won't once it's legalized. There's just no logical reason for it to be illegal.

I definitely agree. People have a choice over what they want to subject themselves to, whether it be weed or chocolate Twinkies.

If recreational marijuana gets legalized on a state-by-state basis, I bet Colorado will be a first. There are a lot of pro-weed protesters if you go to downtown Denver. I kind of wish they'd just go ahead and legalize it just to shut them up. :rolleyes:

I definitely agree. People have a choice over what they want to subject themselves to, whether it be weed or chocolate Twinkies.

If recreational marijuana gets legalized on a state-by-state basis, I bet Colorado will be a first. There are a lot of pro-weed protesters if you go to downtown Denver. I kind of wish they'd just go ahead and legalize it just to shut them up. :rolleyes:

I actually know a couple people from my high school days over here in VA who moved to Colorado, just to join the pro-weed protesters.