• Advertisement

097b. The Battle of Bikini Bottom

spongebobfan29

I'm not sure if there's a thread for this episode, so if there is please correct me. Anyway, This is my 2nd most hated episode ever. only beaten out by reef blowers. Not only did i find this episode completely disgusting, but i also thought it had a terrible plot. The episode also seemed to drag on for me.

-50/10

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

One of the weirdest SB episodes ever- different take, went wrong, that's what it feels like.

The plot was so ridiculous and seemed like the writers had no ideas at all.

And you know how much potential can go into war episodes?

What's wrong with Reef Blower? It was the pilot, so i don't typically dwell on it.

• Like 1

OK.

This episode, in my book, is one of the grossest SpongeBob episodes ever. The entire episode made me want to hurl. It's right up there with the entire episode of The Splinter, and that's saying a lot. To conclude, this episode was horrendous!

Final score: 0/10

• Like 1

This episode is HORRIBLE and It's definelty on my bottom 10. What the heck the writers were thinking when they wrote this episode? This is the second worst season 5 episode. It is so disgusting but I still prefer this episode over Pets or Pests and To Love a Patty any time. Actually the idea of war sounds great and interesting but It's not interesting when this is a war between clean people and dirty people. This episode is very gross and unfunny. Another reason why I hate this episode is Patrick because he thinks being dirty is way better than being clean. Seriously? How is great to be dirty? I agree with SpongeBob. Being clean is much better. There was no humor in this episode (I'm not counting gross-out humor because gross-out humor in this episode is NOT funny) but I did laugh at Mr. Krabs' cameo. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS EPISODE!! If you want to see a really great and funny war episode from a show, watch "War is the H Word" episode of Futurama. That one is one of my favorites. 0.5/10

• Like 2

This episode is so underrated I don't get the hate, the gross out were made pretty well and there where some funny parts like the part where Patrick beats up a fish or when Mr Krabs was getting Patrick's Gold and I like the moral

8.5/10

• Like 5

Oh 11-year-old SpongeNicko, how immature and dumb you were...

Anyway, I don't think any episode has had as dramatic a shift in the general consensus over time as this episode. It's interesting how this episode used to be gravely despised by many and considered among the worst, and many people in recent years have begun to praise it a lot more and even calling it one of Season 5's best.

I myself would agree with that sentiment (it being one of the better ones of the season), but overall I'm just kinda neutral towards it. The war was kinda cool to watch, I guess, but it was done better in Sand Castles in the Sand as well as The Snowball Effect. Also, the gross-up close ups are so tiny that they really don't bug me that much. I guess 11-year-old me was far too sensitive to anything gross out, which is also why I used to hate Survival of the Idiots. Using Pieguy's scale, while this episode kinda etches between meh and good for me, I think I'll give it a low good. It doesn't do anything too groundbreaking or amazing IMO, but it's definitely decent and nowhere near as bad as my past self and many others used to make it out to be.

6.1/10

8 minutes ago, Coffee_lover said:

Is this episode is even hated?

It was at one point, but thanks to Pieguy as well as I guess maturing of judgment, the hatred for it has died down considerably in recent years.

I still hate this episode :funny:

Seriously though, this episode is the grossest episode of the series for me. I literally feel sick watching the majority of the episode, to the point where I can't even look at the screen for the majority of the episode. Additionally, most of this episode is extremely unfunny and stupid, and while the idea of a battle between Spongebob and Patrick sounds like it could be really cool, making it clean vs dirty is such a stupid idea. I'll at least give it a 1/10 because it at least feels like the writers tried to make a good episode, whereas some others like The Splinter don't even feel like it, and because there is 2 or 3 good jokes in the episode ("U R....... How do you spell not my friend?")

• God Himself 1

In the earlier days of this website, I always thought of this episode as being over-hated by the other members of this website. The gags and humor aren't THAT gross, especially when compared to other episodes of "Ren and Stimpy," certain episodes of "Breadwinners, Sanjay & Craig," or "Fanboy & Chum-Chum", and even LATER episodes of this show, ESPECIALLY "Ink Lemonade"! o.o Compared to examples like those, THIS episode is tame! :rolleyes: Plus, it DOES show how people will often get into a fight over the PETTIEST of REASONS! I mean, there was ACTUALLY a conflict in 1859 between the United States, and Great Britain's Canada, over a freaking PIG called the BOAR War for crying out loud! If that's not petty, I don't know WHAT is! In any case, I thought a lot of the gags were good. Especially when Patrick and Spongebob REMOVED the clothes off of Fred Rechid and Harold Flowers, and when Spongebob gave Patrick a pedicure and nail polish! :hysterical: And at the end, they DID realize how petty and ridiculous they were being to fight with each other, and made up at the end. Overall, I'd give this episode an 8/10. Enough said! ;)

• God Himself 1