• Advertisement

081. Friend or Foe?

Jjs Goodman

I actually kinda liked this little tale. It provides some good and reasonable back story on the

Krusty Krab VS Chum Bucket feud, and i see some great potential with it.

Friend or Foe? - 8/10

While this episode only had a few chuckles, I don't believe that was the intent. Overall, this episode shed light on Plankton and Mr. Krab's past, which I thought was a great treat. It was executed well and nothing felt rushed (I'm glad they made this a full 30-minute episode). I really enjoy episodes that move Spongebob out of the spotlight for a while and develop other characters, in this case Mr. Krabs and Plankton, really showing how the rivalry began (as well as subtly giving reasons for Mr. Krab's love of money; I mean, he was dirt poor, and now he's successful, which may explain his cheapness... he's afraid of a repeat). My only complaint really would be the inclusion of Potty and Patchy. I don't like either and found them both incredibly annoying and superfluous to the episode. I feel like they tried to be funny, but made it more awkward than supplying the episode with comedic relief. Nonetheless, it was a good episode, which earns it an 8/10 in my book. ;D

• Like 1

I know most of us were shocked to hear they used to be buddies. The character development like Dylan said was needed and amazing. We finally got to know why Mr. Krabs loves money so much. It makes him feel like he's worth something. That he's not a "rag boy" or some poor kid. I thought that was pretty clever. And their perspectives towards the end show how they felt inside. I really liked that. This along with Frenemies and New Leaf really soften my heart about Krabs and Plankton together. The ending felt kinda rushed to me though. Overall, this was a nice piece of information.

9.5/10