• Advertisement

fun.

terminoob

I don't like Nate Ruess's solo work.  I would much rather have a new fun. album.  Call me greedy, but I can't listen to his solo work without thinking it.

Agreed. Honestly, I can't STAND pretty much every band out of this indie rock craze. Yes, I like The Killer's early work, and that's pretty much it.

Lol yet you constantly praise Ween (or anything Elastic/Sex/Lenny like) out the wazoo.  Some of those bands are classified as indie rock bro.

Lol yet you constantly praise Ween (or anything Elastic/Sex/Lenny like) out the wazoo.  Some of those bands are classified as indie rock bro.

I meant the whole new indie rock thing (fun., Imagine Dragons, etc) I don't mean all indie rock. I mean like the modern mainstream indie crap.

I also forgot The 1975. God those guys make my ears bleed.

I don't like Nate Ruess's solo work.  I would much rather have a new fun. album.  Call me greedy, but I can't listen to his solo work without thinking it.

Have you listened to AhHa? I think it's a lot less fun. sounding than his first single.

Have any of you listened to Jack Antonoff's group Bleachers? I really dug their first album Strange Desire.

I admit I haven't listened to much of fun.'s output besides We Are Young and Some Nights, and I'd have to say that Some Nights is the much better song.

Have any of you listened to Jack Antonoff's group Bleachers? I really dug their first album Strange Desire.

I admit I haven't listened to much of fun.'s output besides We Are Young and Some Nights, and I'd have to say that Some Nights is the much better song.

Yeah, Bleachers is great. Rollercoaster is such a good summer song. As for fun. I think the consensus is that their first album is much better than their second album, so definitely listen to it when you get a chance. Some Nights is probably one of the only good songs off of their second album.

Yes I am aware. I'm not saying "lol all indie rock sucks!!111" I meant this whole new wave of indie rock-Urban Outfitters dumpster sludge like fun., Imagine Dragons, The 1975, The Killers new work, etc

Also, what do you have against Ween? At least they actually evolve as a band unlike Paramore who's been releasing the same pop punk shit for 11 years. And some people may ask why I like some bands that don't evolve that much (Blink-182, can't think of a few others) But those have actual music quality.

Yes I am aware. I'm not saying "lol all indie rock sucks!!111" I meant this whole new wave of indie rock-Urban Outfitters dumpster sludge like fun., Imagine Dragons, The 1975, The Killers new work, etc

Also, what do you have against Ween? At least they actually evolve as a band unlike Paramore who's been releasing the same pop punk shit for 11 years. And some people may ask why I like some bands that don't evolve that much (Blink-182, can't think of a few others) But those have actual music quality.

I don't think he has anything against Ween. The point Clappy is trying to make is that he feels that your musical taste is biased towards one genre from one generation (90's alternative rock), and biased against the newer stuff, which really seems to bugs him. Also note I'm not also saying your taste is "biased," I'm just giving an explanation of Claps' POV.

I don't think he has anything against Ween. The point Clappy is trying to make is that he feels that your musical taste is biased towards one genre from one generation (90's alternative rock), and biased against the newer stuff, which really seems to bugs him. Also note I'm not also saying your taste is "biased," I'm just giving an explanation of Claps' POV.

I wouldn't say I'm biased against other music from other generations because i'm not. I just dislike a lot of newer stuff.

I wouldn't say I'm biased against other music from other generations because i'm not. I just dislike a lot of newer stuff.

Well...sounds like I got to insert my two cents.  After all, it has my name written all over it.  

Listen, I honestly don't care what you prefer Butters...and I say Butters because that's the user name I'm most use to.  Even though it's quite obvious what musical genres you like and loathe, I really don't care if you're biased or not.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I respect other opinions often.  Always have and always will.  I enjoy debating with users since it generates active discussion.

But when you constantly go around saying ignorant criticism like calling some of my favorite modern artists "dumpster sludge", "sucks massive amounts of dicks", etc. of course I'm going to defend them.  I don't care how much you hate them because you never entirely back up your reasoning for your hatred and that's where I can't respect your opinion.  You just try to go the easy route every time with lame criticism like Hayley Williams voice sucks, etc. thus everything they do is awful.  If that really is your reason, then whatever, but it's when you go over the top to try and impress users who don't like mainstream music like Elastic, Lenny, when he's here Sex.  It makes you come off as massively ignorant (your fuck up thread didn't help you at all btw, all those comments from Wumbo, OMJ, etc. mocked you).  I know this is a minor thing that gets under my skin and sounds like I have a pole up my ass, but I've actually met some of these artists whether it be backstage or through sheer coincidence (one of my sister's friends cousins is Jeremy Davis from Paramore).  So maybe that's why not just you, but anyone that insults Paramore irks me. :P

To keep it simple, dude just please mind other people's opinions when you go on your lazy rants about modern day music.  Is that so much to ask?

P.S. - I have nothing against Ween at all.  I like some of their stuff.  What I do have against is bumping topics by posting lyrics.  It comes off as spam.

• Like 1

Well...sounds like I got to insert my two cents.  After all, it has my name written all over it.  

Listen, I honestly don't care what you prefer Butters...and I say Butters because that's the user name I'm most use to.  Even though it's quite obvious what musical genres you like and loathe, I really don't care if you're biased or not.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I respect other opinions often.  Always have and always will.  I enjoy debating with users since it generates active discussion.

But when you constantly go around saying ignorant criticism like calling some of my favorite modern artists "dumpster sludge", "sucks massive amounts of dicks", etc. of course I'm going to defend them.  I don't care how much you hate them because you never entirely back up your reasoning for your hatred and that's where I can't respect your opinion.  You just try to go the easy route every time with lame criticism like Hayley Williams voice sucks, etc. thus everything they do is awful.  If that really is your reason, then whatever, but it's when you go over the top to try and impress users who don't like mainstream music like Elastic, Lenny, when he's here Sex.  It makes you come off as massively ignorant (your fuck up thread didn't help you at all btw, all those comments from Wumbo, OMJ, etc. mocked you).  I know this is a minor thing that gets under my skin and sounds like I have a pole up my ass, but I've actually met some of these artists whether it be backstage or through sheer coincidence (one of my sister's friends cousins is Jeremy Davis from Paramore).  So maybe that's why not just you, but anyone that insults Paramore irks me. :P

To keep it simple, dude just please mind other people's opinions when you go on your lazy rants about modern day music.  Is that so much to ask?

P.S. - I have nothing against Ween at all.  I like some of their stuff.  What I do have against is bumping topics by posting lyrics.  It comes off as spam.

I'm sure Paramore are all nice people, and hell, i'm sure most bands I loathe are nice guys (Except for the exceptions of douches like Ronnie Radke and Chad Kroeger) I guess I should back up my hatred a little more and put some thought into it.

I'm finding this little argument we've been getting in is a tad immature; we cool now?

I'm sure Paramore are all nice people, and hell, i'm sure most bands I loathe are nice guys (Except for the exceptions of douches like Ronnie Radke and Chad Kroeger) I guess I should back up my hatred a little more and put some thought into it.

I'm finding this little argument we've been getting in is a tad immature; we cool now?

I didn't see this as an argument.  More like me giving a description as to how your posts come off as. :P

As long as you back up your thoughts and not bashing for the sake of bashing, then yeah we're good.

I didn't see this as an argument.  More like me giving a description as to how your posts come off as. :P

As long as you back up your thoughts and not bashing for the sake of bashing, then yeah we're good.

I've put a lot of thought into it, and the only real reasons I dislike Paramore is of course Hayley William's voice and I just don't think their lyrical content is anything special.