• Advertisement

Tiki Land

Steel Sponge

1. Ho’omaka (Begin)

In one world, set in an alternative universe, there lived a distant deserted island, with very little civilization. There was no point in history of its existence until its sheer and extraordinary discovery, set in the outside world. To be discovered is to gain, and what is to be discovered is many an enigma to one of the land’s kind.

Focusing on one of the characters on the island was sitting around by the ocean’s shore. He was bearing a shade of red scales for most of his slender body. He also had a shade of pale yellow from his chest to his tail. Through his sharpened scales on his posterior was a texture of cerulean blue. His ears were webbed with the same cerulean color from the inside, as well as the short double-sided triangle shaped tip of his tail with similar webbing, which was light blue. From his hands and feet were short, gray claws while the hands and feet themselves were tipped with an indigo texture. Attributed to his undersea standards were an aligned set of sharp, and thin light blue colored appendages prolonged and surfaced from his spinal area, around his sharp scales. Circular white and dark blue markings were on his forehead, as well as around the texture of his hands and feet akin to a ripple shape, with white wisp markings through the front and hinds of his arms and legs, and on his back. In addition to his markings, a white shade appears designed around with his sharp scales. Lastly, his eyes were a dark shade of blue, and he was body was practically bare, except for the wooden necklace around his neck.

Around the tropical area of land was an array of totem pole carvings. There were three of them. The wooden crafting from its ancient base resembled the outcast’s own species. This creature was indeed a dragon, simply killing time with himself by the ocean’s shore.

There’s nothing else to do, nothing left than to just ponder, he said to himself. I’ve done anything I could on this island, and still…very little substance around this deserted place.

While the dragon was playing with the sand or staring into space, something supernatural and unexpected occurs as the waters just near him begin to fizz up, until an enormous, submerging figure rises, facing the other unfamiliar creature.

Taking a monstrous form, this figure appeared with a shade of turquoise for most of its body. The undercoat of its body was yellow and not pale compared to the other character introduced. A thin Mohawk-like fin stretched from his tail up to its head was also shown, in the notorious yellow color of its undercoat. It had glaring, reptilian yellow eyes and a python-like body, hence the lack of arms and legs. This creature was in the form of a unagi.

The dragon has already gazed in shock, as well as the sudden event grabbing the attention of the island’s other inhabitants, with wooden masks resembling a tiki themed masquerade.

The unagi looked into the dragon and telepathically says, “Your life of pondering and curiosity ends now…”

The young dragon was presumably speechless and unknown to the creature’s words and then says, “But wait, who are you? I don’t even know you…”

“You will figure out yourself,” the unagi said in its clairvoyant speech, “and you keep yourself out of trouble, before you know that’s going to come to you.”

The unagi then beamed around the dragon for a moment before high winds would come in. The dragon was still paralyzed with shock as the azure sky becomes greyer and another unexpected thing happens. The dragon looked below to see that what he was standing in was rippling out and revealing a swirling, rapid torrent. The high velocity whirlpool forming around him was beginning to grab him through. He was seen struggling from escaping its clutch, but the whirlpool was able to subside with the young dragon vanishing through it. The unagi he recently faced has also disappeared, prior to placing the dragon in its own ominous trap.

“Come on Spongebob, I have a favor I need for you,” said Sandy Cheeks, in the refuge of her Treedome, with Spongebob Squarepants, who has his water helmet on already.

“But Sandy, I have to go to work, I can’t do this now,” said Spongebob.

“Well, I guess there ain’t anything for me to do about your scheduled job,” Sandy replied, feeling tense about bringing Spongebob before his shift for her own commotion. “Frankly, this showcase will be held off until tomorrow, which is Sunday.”

“What does your new invention do anyways?” Spongebob asked, sounding eager about the eccentric device lying around.

“Let’s just say that this thing will change history!” Sandy said.

“But wait, are you sure that it will be a miracle?” Spongebob questioned, in awareness of Sandy’s previous inventions that have botched. I’ve seen all your other inventions, and some of them collapsed.”

“I’m an expert with science, I’ve made several inventions that haven’t failed, and this won’t possibly go down in calamity,” Sandy answered and then goes on to explain the apparatus. “This device generates a portal from a significant variety of eons and diverse worlds.” She explained. “Everybody else in Bikini Bottom who is willing to see this will be coming for my announcement.”

”Well, that sounds amazing; I can’t wait to see it tomorrow.”

“Don’t be late either. I’ll be at the Goo Lagoon,” said Sandy, preparing to leave the reassurance of her dome, getting her space suit and helmet on. For some reason, it puzzled Spongebob to see Sandy leave sight of her dome. “Y’all would expect me to do all this scientific work in my Treedome all day, right? I have free time in my own hands.”

Spongebob was then seen walking merrily to the Krusty Krab, which was close ahead from his house and from the Treedome he visited previously. He walks along to his workplace, while giving off a joyous tune.

That was until Spongebob suddenly staggered over a bump on the pathway. He was extremely unsure of what he bumped into, but what appeared was the mysterious dragon from the otherworld. This time, he was lying around, looking comatose. Unlike the appendages on his backside, the appendages appeared stout, spiny, and inflamed unlike the last time he was shown.

“Oh Neptune, this is horrible!” Spongebob said with absolute shock and terror, seeing the strange creature as a dead body or “plain road kill.”

Spongebob didn’t really know what that thing was, but still felt sympathetic and began exasperatingly sobbing over the “dead creature.” “I hardly knew this thing, but seeing it lying around like this…it’s just unbearable! I guess this is good-bye – already!

Squidward, Spongebob’s grumpy neighbor, who is also an employee at the Krusty Krab, was carelessly walking to his workplace, and then notices Spongebob crying in front of the unconscious creature, to his own disgust.

“Oh boy,” said Squidward. Is that thing actually dead? I don’t know what it is supposed to be, or how it even ended up there, so I shouldn’t really care. This is just disgusting. He thought to himself. “Well, I didn’t expect you to cry over something like this,” Squidward said to Spongebob.

“Sorry Squidward, but it’s especially painful to see something dead in front of my eyes,” said Spongebob and resumes to bawl.

“Well, I don’t know what just happened, but I better dispose of this…thing before it begins to haunt me,” said Squidward, and dragged along the body over to the dumpster outside the Krusty Krab, trying to ignore it.

“But Squidward, that’s no way to treat a dead guy,” Spongebob said, who has stopped weeping.

“It’s not the best for you, but it’s the best for me, off to the Bikini Bottom dump for this strange thing,” said Squidward, putting the dragon’s body into the dumpster. Though, I could have sworn I’ve heard it pulsing…but that’s definitely not my concern.

Spongebob and Squidward then arrived at the Krusty Krab, with a little confrontation with their greedy boss, Mr. Krabs.

”The both of you are late for work!” Mr. Krabs said, “You know I shouldn’t expect you two to just be stalling around out of space and ruin my business when you don’t show up on time.”

“I think we’ve been through this before, but I can say that it wasn’t my fault,” said Squidward. “There was some dead body nearby and I had to haul it out of my sight. Don’t take this as a big deal, I’ll be working at the register at the moment…” he said, carelessly.

“Well, this is no time for excuses, but those couple of minutes you wasted is already coming out of your paycheck,” Mr. Krabs responded. “Because, you know, if you’re wasting time, you’re wasting money!”

“Sorry about that Mr. Krabs, it was a bit of a hassle,” said Spongebob. Considering that dead body, I just can’t bear thinking about it, but what Squidward told me was very much true and that it’s the way of life. Whenever “dead” comes to mind, it makes me want to tear up! I better stick to my job.

Meanwhile, Spongebob and Squidward go through their usual routine at the fast food joint.

Spongebob then says to Squidward, “Hey Squidward….Squidward….Squidward!”

“Don’t talk to me,” said Squidward, completely deadpan as usual.

“What would you say about coming to Sandy’s place for her biggest news?” Spongebob asked. If most of Bikini Bottom is invited to see this, then I know I need to persuade Squidward to watch.

Squidward then focuses on Spongebob and responds sarcastically, “Sandy has big news? Now I ought to waste my time and see this important news for sure!”

“I hope you’re excited Squidward, she has an interesting invention to show off! The event is tomorrow, and Sandy requires that you shouldn’t be late.”

“To my standards, I’d be casually late for anything, so I guess that’s a bummer,” said Squidward, initially refusing the offer.

“Don’t worry about it, I have plenty of opportunities to make sure you show up tomorrow for the surprise! Besides, I’m going to convince everybody else I know about this. Sandy herself said it could change history!”

Squidward, feeling irritated, gives no response and resumes with his usual job.

It now pans to the outside of the Krusty Krab, showing the dumpster where the dragon was “disposed of.” However, the dumpster then appears to be opening up, revealing the awakened dragon.

I was totally unknown to this suburban area. Obviously, it was nothing like my own habitat, the dragon thought to himself. Apparently for me, I don’t remember much and I don’t know where to start to get used to things. The last thing I remembered – was my encounter with the dimension beast.

“Where am I? What’s going on?” He asked himself. This is the perfect time to seek help.

The dragon was in civilization, and there was a crowd of fish walking by and driving their boats. The creature stumbles upon one of the random passersby.

“Excuse me foreigner, can you tell me about this place?” He said, attempting to get one’s attention.

“Who do you think you are, lying around in the streets with filth?” One of the citizens responded, rather coldly. “I wouldn’t accept anything to some freak like you!”

Well, that was pretty harsh. “But where am I anyways? I can’t recognize this place.” The creature said.

“You’re in Bikini Bottom, now leave me alone!” After that, the random fish was out of sight.

“Bikini Bottom…” he thought to himself. But that fish was right; I’m covered in garbage…for some reason.

While looking around, that was when a certain beach in the horizon has caught his attention.

The dragon resumed wondering around at a certain beach, known as the Goo Lagoon. He was shown to be washing himself off, as well as washing a piece of ragged clothing lying around to be worn as a shirt.

Sandy was later shown catching waves on her surfboard, forming a tidal wave with her stunts. It took a while for the creature to notice that the wave was going to drench him. As Sandy has paused with her surfing practice, the creature was caught by the wave, but was back on the sandy area thereafter. As Sandy was going to depart, she ran into Larry the Lobster.

“Howdy there Larry,” said Sandy. “I guess I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Hey there….underwater living weasel of some sort,” said Larry, not recognizing Sandy, apparently and surprisingly.

“Come on Larry, you have known me for years, y’all can’t forget about me!” Sandy replied. “Anyways, if a re-introduction is necessary for you, I’m Sandy Cheeks.”

“Hey there Sandy, while I’ve been in-charge of Goo Lagoon, the little yellow guy has spread the word about some huge announcement. You’re involved with it, right?” Larry replied.

“Do you mean Spongebob?” Sandy asked. Spongebob has already spread the news, huh? I think this ought to be interesting. “So, of course I’m the creator the new invention to show off, I never thought that you would know about this.”

“I noticed all these flyers around town, Spongebob has told me all about it, and I didn’t even need your invitation. Im free to go to your thing. I didn’t know you were very interested with all that science stuff.”

Sandy looked amused, seeing that there was going to be a crowd at her dome and even Larry was going to come. “Well, as I should say about the event, don’t be late.”

As Sandy left, the dragon was later shown, and noticed one of the flyers on the sandy terrain.

There’s big news about a new invention at the Treedome, which could change history? He thought to himself. Whatever it is, I better check it out.

It was now later tomorrow where Spongebob was prepared to show up at the Treedome for the special surprise. There was a lot of Bikini Bottom citizens gathered up for the announcement, including some of his friends he invited. He showed up near the doorsteps, put on his water helmet, and went inside for the announcement of Sandy’s invention.

“Hey there Sandy,” said Spongebob. He then notices Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and his best friend Patrick Star in the crowd. “Squidward, I’m glad you could make it.”

“I only came so you could stop annoying me about this. Tell me when it is over,” Squidward said, bringing out a magazine.

Sandy was then ready to give her announcement of her latest invention once she reappeared with the machine, covered up. “It has now come to my attention for the exiting news of my newest creation.” She announced. “No matter what, it is meant to change history and give out all sorts of advantages.” Sandy then began to reveal the machine. “Behold, for it is a portal, capable to visiting all sorts of dimensional and alternative worlds!”

Most of the Bikini Bottom citizens responded with awe of Sandy’s invention.

“Obviously, to prove that this invention will work, I would need somebody’s assistance for this,” she said, pointing around.

Sandy was going to determine the test subject for invention until the door to her Treedome was opened up again, revealing the dragon from before, once again, but his appendages appearing thin, like in the otherworld.

“I suppose this is the place of your biggest announcement,” he said, walking around clumsily, looking a little bit breathless.

“Well, I don’t usually see a critter like you around, but join in with the rest,” said Sandy. Sandy then thought for a moment and focused on the dragon again, “Actually, I would like for you to test for my portal device.”

“I am?” The dragon questioned.

“So, what is your name?” Sandy asked.

He thought about the question for a moment, of course, his name was something he was able to remember. “Well, I haven’t really known you very well, but I’m Koamalu.” He introduced.

“Well, it’s nice to meet ya’,” said Sandy. “Anyways, unlike some molecular transportation devices, this portal would use some assistance from one’s mind, perhaps to know where Koamalu here would like to visit.”

“Do you expect that little freak to test this?” One of the fish in the crowd uttered, whilst most of them weren’t pleased with the outcome either.

“Don’t get too hasty y’all,” said Sandy and then focused back on using her invention, showing a chair with a helmet of some sort. “Alright Koamalu, step right up, and this thing will be all worked up.”

Apparently for Koamalu, he got himself tripping over the cord connected to the machine, but Sandy has preventing him from making any unfortunate mishap.

“You’re a clumsy fellow, but anyways, with this helmet on you, your desired place of choice will be generated for the portal,” said Sandy.

Sandy has already turned the machine on. Within a moment, the portal was generating a certain place to visit, as it was showing an odd place with a medieval and molten background.

“Hey, it actually works, good job Sandy,” Spongebob said with approval.

“So wait, am I going in there or something?” Koamalu asked.

“It’s just a test,” Sandy answered. “Later on, this will be able to improve everyday life in Bikini Bottom.”

….

The universe that was showcased for Sandy’s invention was later seen, showing a mysterious character, made of lava, catching a glimpse of the vortex in the horizon.

“A vortex to the outside world…” the character muttered to itself. “Very interesting indeed, and it gives my chance to flee my own universe after all these years.”

Before going to it, he then notices Koamalu in the background.

Koamalu is there too, I see. I better go in there before it fades away. He thought to himself.

With that, he was coming closer to the vortex, which was growing weaker at the moment, but he still had the chance to make it to it.

….

A creature’s eye was shown, as the scene transitions elsewhere. After a dramatic transition of the creature’s eye, a dark, gleaming cavern was revealed in the background, showing the unagi creature from before.

The Lava King is escaping his own realm – I can sense it. The unagi thought to itself. That guy would appear to be after Koamalu from how I’m seeing it...

With this, the unagi then began to generate a vortex to the outside world, revealing the world the assumedly named Lava King was coming straight for, revealing Bikini Bottom, as the creature prepares to exit its world.

The scene then comes back to Sandy’s Treedome in Bikini Bottom, where the invention was still being presented. The Lava King, from the vortex was unnoticed, however, as the king was sneaking its way.

“Well, I think that’s enough for today, y’all can go back home or whatever,” said Sandy, and then prepared to shut down the portal.

However, the place was starting to heat up until the Lava King was shown to emerge from the machine’s vortex, frightening the guests.

“There’s a problem…” said Sandy.

Hmmm, seems like I’ve wound up in a small place to begin with since the last time I’ve been in the outside world, the Lava King thought. “I have escaped my own world for a small reason! I might as well thank whoever was able to get me out.”

“Who are you anyways?” Spongebob asked.

“I’m the Lava King. I have come to this place, especially for Koamalu, because I know he’s around here,” said the Lava King. For a moment, he then spots Koamalu gazing around with shock and then says, “You’re coming with me!”

“I don’t even know what’s going on anymore,” said Koamalu.

For a suddenly, a vortex appears outside of the Treedome, revealing the unagi emerging from the otherworld and crashing through the Treedome, emitting the water into the dome’s atmosphere. With that sudden occurrence, Sandy quickly draws her air helmet on herself as all the others run and yell in fear, with the exception of Squidward who was still going through his magazine.

“Do something Sandy, this is just too freaky!” Spongebob exclaimed.

“It seems that my portal is still on, it should malfunction any second now, but I don’t know I could get rid of-“said Sandy.

As the machine began to crash, the vortex mysteriously hasn’t subsided, as well as the vortex created by the unagi. Something strange then begins to happen as a strong gust of wind from the top surface and from the two open vortexes, dragging away every piece of land and objects by particle by particle. After a few minutes or so, the background has blackened, before appearing blue again, and showing off a different view of land. The two vortexes dissipated after that. Even more strangely enough, the Lava King and the unagi were both out of sight.

“What just happened?” Patrick said.

From everybody’s point of view, Bikini Bottom appeared as a deserted island, filled with palm trees, several huts, a volcano in the distance, light green kelp, and a blend of tropical and old age atmosphere.

“We’re not in Bikini Bottom, that’s for sure,” said Sandy.

Squidward then catches a glimpse of the area, after stopping from reading his magazine and simply says, “What the…?”

“This place, it seems to look a lot familiar to me,” said Koamalu.

“Don’t panic everyone, I need to report this sudden phenomenon and I ought to do it immediately,” said Sandy.

Here's an annoucement I'd thought I would make public. First off, this is not dead. Production seems to be in a permanent halt at the time being, but this is due to Sabre's absence and I'm not completely sure if he's still interested in this. Episode 2 has been planned out, but now I'm stuck without a deadline for its production, again. It's important that I negotiate with him about still wanting be in the staff for this collaboration. If he decides not to stay with the team, I can find a replacement.

The good news though, I have last checked that Sabre last logged in today, so I'd best remind him about this unless he's aware of this post.

Once again, another non-episode related update. Now things aren't as planned at this point, so I better make this public to see how people are going to take this decision I'm much likely willing to make.

I know this sounds like a selfish move and a decision done over what ended up being somewhat a waste of time, but....should I make this into a solo project? Concering the collaborators, Sabre is still busy and distant from SBC, I've been notified that CNF was resigning because he didn't have enough time, and Wumbo's going to be really busy in a matter of months. I don't know if I could get any other willing replacements to take part in this project, but....I'm really sorry this is going to end up being a waste of 2 years worth of development, (or rather Development Hell) but this feels like the time I have to make a drastic change for this project.

If I'm turning this into a solo author spin-off, then that doesn't really mean I'm ditching the whole collaboration project idea and I'll end up just making another one. So, if I have time to start one, I'll prepare another collaboration project, but I'm not going to choose what the spin-off itself would be about and what it would be like.

Just blame me for the slow production I've given for a period of time, I don't want to self-loathe, so just blame the slow production. I'm not completely sure if it's the lack of interest either, but this is why I'm having such a dilemma with Tiki Land and how it should be managed. What do you guys say? Should I seek replacements, or veto this spin-off as only as a collaboration project?

Once again, another non-episode related update. Now things aren't as planned at this point, so I better make this public to see how people are going to take this decision I'm much likely willing to make.

I know this sounds like a selfish move and a decision done over what ended up being somewhat a waste of time, but....should I make this into a solo project? Concering the collaborators, Sabre is still busy and distant from SBC, I've been notified that CNF was resigning because he didn't have enough time, and Wumbo's going to be really busy in a matter of months. I don't know if I could get any other willing replacements to take part in this project, but....I'm really sorry this is going to end up being a waste of 2 years worth of development, (or rather Development Hell) but this feels like the time I have to make a drastic change for this project.

If I'm turning this into a solo author spin-off, then that doesn't really mean I'm ditching the whole collaboration project idea and I'll end up just making another one. So, if I have time to start one, I'll prepare another collaboration project, but I'm not going to choose what the spin-off itself would be about and what it would be like.

Just blame me for the slow production I've given for a period of time, I don't want to self-loathe, so just blame the slow production. I'm not completely sure if it's the lack of interest either, but this is why I'm having such a dilemma with Tiki Land and how it should be managed. What do you guys say? Should I seek replacements, or veto this spin-off as only as a collaboration project?

I think that after all this time, the best idea might be to do this solo, but if you really want to continue this as a collab spin-off, I would say to search for potential replacements.

2. Wili (Twist)

However, the townspeople were all talking at once, too concerned about themselves, and too concerned about what just happened to their universe, to listen to the squirrel.

“Everybody listen and y’all will be alright!” Sandy alarmed and the Bikini Bottomites stopped chatting through the sound her voice.

“You’re the smart one, what do you think happened to Bikini Bottom!?” One of the Bikini Bottomites asked.

“Well, it’s a good thing I still have some of my stuff after our universe has been apparently merged with two other dimensions,” said Sandy. “I’ll explain it like this.” She picked up a stick and started sketching on the sand to demonstrate the events.

She drew her Treedome and the one automated vortex and the vortex from her portal that took place.

“These two vortexes appeared unclosed. The atmosphere of our universe is very much different between the other two universes,” Sandy was explaining. “But what happens when two dimensions open up the path to connect to the same travelling point?”

On the sand, Sandy then drew gusts around the portal and the other dimensional path.

“While one opened up at the same time isn’t enough to completely alter the atmosphere of our world, two would be enough to release a force to split the dimensions in half,” Sandy continued. “Bikini Bottom has disappeared while the two worlds combined with each other and overshadowed the scenery of our world. So, our half would be all of us, the citizens who watched the worlds collide.”

Sandy then dusts off the Treedome and drew a representation of what their world has turned into.”

“That would exactly be my theory. Our universe has now turned into a diversity of an urban wasteland and a tropical island, so we better find a way to fix this.”

“And that’s why we should shun the squirrel for making that portal!” A Bikini Bottomite spoke.

“At least the sky looks wonderful doesn’t it?” Spongebob added, pointing over to the flower-cleared sky, showing a hue of white, blue, and pink.

Sandy was a bit agape and then said, “That’s no ordinary sky! According to my studies, that looks much like a wormhole.  It must be linked to the world opened up by that giant monster-like fish and the world that came to Koamalu’s mind. Don’t around shunning me at the moment. I am here to help you guys out.”

“That depends, does anything from your studies have anything to do with bringing Bikini Bottom back into its place and making….that wormhole thing disappear?” Another townsperson asked.

“Well, this dang portal is busted, but it’s still here and I still have the tools that created it,” Sandy continued. “Then again….I left them in my tree home, which has disappeared since the collision, so they have to buried, or hiding around somehow!”

“Speaking of your home,” said Spongebob pointing over to a giant tropical tree standing nearby, “I believe it’s still there, but it looks that ‘that’….”

That was when Sandy walked over to her transformed house and gets herself a surprise once as she reaches her hand over to it. The tree moved and formed a mouth.

“What in tarnation!?”

“You don’t understand the magic among us “Mirage Tiki People,” do you?” The person asked, with the mouth movements coming from the tree and had a man’s voice.

“I don’t know what the odds are of trees talking to me, but now I’m afraid of getting close to them…” Sandy responded.

“Well, don’t be afraid,” it replied. “Since he have no place to be since we were pulled from the vortex created by Enakai, we have gained a living here.”

“I’m looking for my set of tools inside my house, and I’m certain this tree used to be my house.”

“Apologies from me, though if this used to be your home, then I don’t see some kind of opening or décor inside this tree that I am controlling.”

Sandy then started digging around through the sand as a way into trying to see if her stuff was buried and hasn’t disappeared.

“Oh come on, y’all can’t be living like this for eternity, as well as the world itself!” Sandy said.

“Should this book help give us the answers to our problem?” Spongebob asked while holding it up, “I found it scattered around close to the portal. At least it wasn’t destroyed, the pages were smudged, or anything.”

“Thanks, at least I have this.”

Sandy snatched it and skimmed through the pages until she pinpointed a page based on wormholes.

“Let’s see….” Sandy was saying, “It says here that wormholes will be able to dissipate once as a path is closed up. When a connected world becomes unattached from its link, disallowing people into entering the other side, the side-effects will be transferred away from the affected worlds. That means that we somehow need to reach to the other two connected dimensions and close up the wormhole openings…but this book doesn’t say what could be the solvent to it.”

“Yeah and how could we enter the other two worlds if we’re way below here?” Koamalu asked.

“This is too complex for you all? Haven’t you tried looking around for the top of the world?” The Lava King questioned who suddenly appeared from behind everyone.

“You must be the Lava King, why don’t y’all tell us what has happened?” Sandy responded.

“With pleasure, peasants,” the Lava King began. “I am here for no particular reason, that or it’s none of your business!”

“So, you came from the otherworld?” Sandy asked.

“So many questions so little time. The fact that I stumbled on what used to be your world happened the same with Enakai,” the Lava King explained. “I would have the power to drift this world away from my own world’s interference, as well with Enakai’s world. Yet, this problem seems to be orchestrating into a marvelous reconstruction of a new world, so I’m not going to bother with giving your pathetic world a fix and start up with one thing I’ve always wanted to do.”

“You’re aware of the fact that you’re here because an opening appeared in your world through my portal, right?”

“I can’t catch your name, but I thank you for letting me escape from my own realm! You know the sporadic climate of this dimension of yours? Soon enough, the wormhole will eventually be developed into a blackhole that will be formed in-between all three worlds that are being connected. Not only all matter from the two dimensions will be sucked into oblivion, but the same will go for this core universe. Until it’s all down to nothing, all those worlds will be destroyed while I do what I can to build a new universe and a new legacy of my own! You know what they say, people ought to make sacrifices, accidents happen, and some other things like that.”

“You can’t do that, you’re not in-charge of our world!” Mr. Krabs bellowed.

“You dare talk back at me!?” The Lava King argued. “Besides, what do you mean by your world, don’t we all share it now!? Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this new life once I say that I’m now the ruler of this world by my own law. Whoever doesn’t respect me and my ruling, you will be punished – turning you guys into solid stone statues would be the highest penalty around here.”

“Just because you’re giant and have powers do not mean you can push us around, I am not afraid of ya’!” Mr. Krabs replied.

“How about I turn you into stone right now?”

Mr. Krabs goes wide-eyed and frowns a bit in fear before showing off a nervous look, trying not to give a poker face.

“Well, my fortuneteller once told about me being frozen like solid rock or concealed in ice...I can’t remember which. Forget what I said, I’ll respect you,” he replied.

“Yes, you better save your head,” the Lava King continued. “In the meantime, I’m still feuding with Enakai who is currently as good as incognito right now, but even if I’m wandering off, you guys better not be shirking! Now, all of you get to work while your stay right here in “Tiki Land” lasts through all this chaos!”

“Excuse me hothead, but I’ll have you know that you’re ruining my day if you think you have the right to put me into a place like this!” Squidward exclaimed, walking over to him.

“It’s certainly the squirrel’s problem isn’t it? Also, that’s too bad for you,” The Lava King responded.

“I’m Sandy Cheeks by the way and Koamalu is the creature that caused the vortex to open up through your dimension…”

“Whoever you are, I am not listening to an oversized pile of flaming tar to do your bidding,” Squidward argued. “Don’t you realize that our world doesn’t rule under tyranny anymore?”

“At least not anymore until now, so you better like it or not! Shall I start throwing you into a dungeon?” The Lava King retorted.

“You can’t just waltz into our world and be like the god of everything, telling me how I should live my life! If this place is supposed to be Bikini Bottom, you should prove me wrong by changing everything about this ugly, geographic setting and making it into what it was supposed to be. Palm trees and wheat stacks? No pedicure place around here? You’ve got to be kidding me!”

“If you’re not going to give me respect, then so be it! If you still talk it up and fail to meet my demands…”

“Fat chance sir, there’s nothing you can do to change my mind! Get out of my sight!”

The Lava King was preparing to walk away for a moment before turning around and then saying:

“Fine then….if you’re going to continue to give me disrespect, then this punishment is what you’ll get!”

The Lava King rides back over to Squidward and uses his powers, at his fingertips, to blast Squidward with intense flames until Squidward now appeared in a frozen state, being turned into a solid statue.

“I warned you guys!” The Lava King said. “Be sure not to break him, even though his attitude is more fragile than his solidity. I’ll be right back, so I’d like to see you guys working.” The Lava King slips over to Koamalu’s side, giving him the jump and whispers to him, “I’ll be certainly watching you the most, Koamalu.”

After that, the Lava King sunk into the sand and left the scene, giving the citizens burning feet at the same time.

“Oh man, how am I ever going to be able to work at the Krusty Krab without the Krusty Krab itself?” Spongebob questioned.

“We’re all doomed, and somebody’s to blame!” A Bikini Bottomite said.

“Hey guys, if that dragon guy was the one who brought the Lava King’s world to here, then it must be his fault, big time!” Another one of the citizens said, pointing over to Koamalu.

With the Bikini Bottomites jeering at Koamalu, the creature sits around near the waves and frowns out of shame.

--

It was now around sundown and Koamalu still stood around in front of the waves of the ocean. Spongebob eventually comes up to comfort him.

“Something’s bothering you. Lucky for you, I’m here to cheer you up!” Spongebob said.

“It’s just that I came here outside of my own world for some reason,” said Koamalu, “While I don’t usually seem to remember everything, I know some unagi creature transported me here….for what it was formerly. He also told me to figure out my reasoning for being here myself.”

“So, what kind of creature are you?” Spongebob asked.

Before Koamalu could answer, the plates around his back were shown to be flashing from flat to thin in a rather rapid rate. Due to that, Koamalu groaned and his arms leaned on the ground.

“Sorry, the appendages on my back that are controlling my oxygen are feeling faulty,” said Koamalu. “In one way around, I can’t breathe on land or breathe underwater without the support of those parts of my body.”

“Carry on my friend,” Spongebob responded. “I can call you that, right?”

“I don’t think I’ve had friends, probably because my world feels deserted from where I am,” Koamalu replied. “Nobody else seemed to like me, but it’s good for me that you like me as a friend. Once again, I don’t remember much, but I do remember that I’ve been told of possessing powers similar to a god, but I’m nothing like that…”

“Anyways, I better get to building as long as it makes the Lava King happy,” said Spongebob and starts walking off, “but boy, I sure don’t like the idea of being forced into work like this.”

Hours have passed and huts and other straw-built structures have turned the emptiness of Tiki Land into civilization.

“Believe it or not, all those other citizens couldn’t break a sweat just yet with creating at least one housing,” a voice echoed.

“Come again, whoever said that?” Patrick asked.

“In case you have forgotten, we are the Mirage Tiki People,” it said again. “Our bodies are invisible, but if you look at the tiki heads around you,” now panning over to the animate tiki head in a row with 9 other heads, it then said, “we’re alive and we have the knack of power to build up some huts in less than 30 minutes.”

“That’s good to know,” said Spongebob.

“I still feel distant from being able to work on any inventions, especially since I don’t have my tools now,” Sandy remarked.

Panning over to a newly build laboratory of some sort, Sandy catches her attention upon it.

“We have had the time to build this laboratory if you seek to continue with your studies,” the Mirage Tiki person explained. “We also set up an eating joint and we’re currently building one-thirds of shelter for just about everyone inhabited in this island….so I can’t say we’re planning on building everything since we can’t do all the work here, you know.”

“That place over there just makes me feel like I’m going to work at the Krusty Krab again, I love it!” Spongebob said. “But if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to...sniff, cry over to that Squidward statue.”

As said, Spongebob grieves and heavily sobs next to the concreted Squidward.

“OH WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO YOU BUDDY!?” Spongebob cried.

Suddenly, a series of clouds formed under the wormhole-filled sky. Emerging below from the clouds was King Neptune and Queen Amphitrite in the flash.

“I don’t mean to disturb, but I can tell Bikini Bottom has become different and why this looks nothing like Bikini Bottom,” said King Neptune.

Upon the king and queen of the sea’s royal visit, Spongebob and all the others, except Koamalu, began bowing for them.

“Spongebob Squarepants, you there,” Neptune called out. “This meeting revolves around you and that other guy over there,” he pointed over to Koamalu and grabs the dragon’s attention as he realized what he was referring to.

“Wait, you needed me?” Koamalu asked.

“Don’t be so nervous, you have a lot to know,” said Queen Amphitrite.

Koamalu runs over to the two gods and kneels before King Neptune would continue.

“I can’t recall, but I feel like I’ve seen this disaster before,” Neptune continued. “When more than two worlds become connected through one same inter-dimensional path, a wormhole is created and the mainland is forced to combine with the two other worlds.”

“Right, Sandy has told us about that earlier,” said Spongebob.

“The conditions of this world’s atmosphere are the main cause of a blackhole that could be formed much later.” Neptune explained. “If you’re trying to find a solution to this hassle, I know what you two can do to put a stop to this disaster.”

“Okay, but how come you want me to be part of this?” Spongebob asked.

“You were one of the world’s greatest fry cooks I’ve met Spongebob. If I had the time, I wouldn’t mind having a bunch of your famous burgers. I did try making you into a god, but I’ll offer you the powers of a god if you accept.”

“You two are the most powerful people in the sea. You both could stop it, right?”

“We tried all that we could to close up the connections from the two other worlds, but our powers don’t seem to do anything….” Queen Amphitrite explained. “However, it is said that the powers of a Totem God could undo the problem. See, our powers as gods differ compared to a Totem God like you – Koamalu.”

“Me, I’m a god!?” Koamalu asked with astonishment. “To be honest, your majesty, I never wanted to be like a god, and I don’t have the powers of a Totem God!”

“You’ll just have to figure out your potential and realize your powers on your own,” Amphitrite replied, “We have enough knowledge to know that you have descended from a family line of Totem Gods, so you’re technically one of them.”

“Serves me right for not remembering that, but I’m highly uncertain that I am a Totem God and that this is some kind of mistake,” Koamalu replied.

“It’s no oversight,” Neptune said. “You want to save your own dimension, don’t you? As for Koamalu’s world, Spongebob, he comes from an alternate universe that is ruled by a family line of gods of different species. That place is also ruled by a unagi creature named Enakai that has the ability to travel through different worlds as well as transporting others into outside worlds.”

So that’s his name… Koamalu thought.

“What about the Lava King’s world, then?” Spongebob asked.

“His home world rivals with Koamalu’s universe as Enakai and The Lava King have clashed with each other for centuries to come,” Neptune continued. “As said before, Koamalu must discover the true meaning of his power to believe himself as a Totem God and live up to that title as soon as he could experience the power that he creates on his own.”

“Even if I am a Totem God, I don’t think I have the qualities as one, sorry if I’m still being doubtful, your majesty,” said Koamalu.

“Also, Koamalu has informed me how he doesn’t seem to remember almost everything,” Spongebob added.

“Don’t worry about those things right now,” Neptune responded. “Yet, if Koamalu has lost his memories, then it’s important that he needs to restore them somehow.”

“He’s right. My mind about my past is pretty empty except for a few things,” Koamalu proclaimed.

“So wait, how am I going to be able to accompany Koamalu if I’m going to play a role in this gig?” Spongebob asked.

“Take this!” Amphitrite said and tossed over a charm into Spongebob’s hands.

“It’s a charm that contains powers to those of a Totem God,” said Neptune. “It’s something that we have kept for emergency purposes and I trust you into this while my wife and I aren’t so skilled with the Totem God powers thing. Consider it as our gratitude for your efforts, usually for you and your starfish friend reuniting Triton with us.”

“Not only that, but take these as well!” Amphitrite said and gave them a couple of tablets containing some ancient writing. “Those writings will let you two learn on using those godlike powers.”

“Hopefully our kingdom doesn’t get consumed from this disaster in a matter of days while we’d best be returning to it,” Neptune finished. “So for now, I bid farewell and good luck to you two gods in-training!”

After that, King Neptune and Queen Amphitrite left the distorted universe by disappearing into the clouds before they subside.

“Are you ready Koamalu?” Spongebob asked his companion. “I know I am!”

3. Ho'ohanohano (Honor)

“If you’re ready, then I’m ready to stop all this chaos!” Koamalu declared.

“Right, but first….” Spongebob said and then peered over to a line at the makeshift fast food joint. “I’m ready to give those customers some chow!” He then ran over to the entry.

“Hey, you said you were ready for-!” Koamalu was saying whilst running over to his partner.

At the dining hall, Spongebob and Koamalu walked over the “employer,” who appears to have its face facing apart from the two.

“Excuse me. Do you need help from a trusty frycook such as I am?” Spongebob asked.

When the individual turned its back, Spongebob and Koamalu became shocked to see the Lava King in uniform.

“Oh, the odds of seeing you two ask a demand from me!” The Lava King remarked. “So, you want to do some hard labor around here until you both crumble with the island? You’re both hired! – starting now.”

“That was quick,” said Spongebob and then whispered to Koamalu, “Let’s not worry so much about the guy, we’re undercover.”

“This kitchen is handled under my own rules, such as no whispering!” The Lava King exclaimed. “Don’t you know that I’m still watching you and your strange little friend?”

As the Lava King gave the fellows a stern look up close, he also clinched one of Spongebob’s arms before giving a nervous and monotonous “Ow.” Spongebob’s right arm singed and then reproduced another.

“Where’s the grill?” Spongebob asked.

“The only thing resourceful enough to make food in this new world is that stewpot over there!” The Lava King responded, pointing over to it.

Spongebob strolled over to the single cookery inside the greasy spoon. He started boiling the cauldron and fixing up the stew with a dipper in his hand.

“If you boys shirk or break any of my rules in this place, you’ll be punished!” The Lava King threatened.

As Spongebob first started out with using the cauldron, he pours a sample of a stew he created, and a Krabby Patty dropped down onto his bowl.

“Hey, what’s that?” Koamalu questioned, pointing over to the Krabby Patty.

“This is a Krabby Patty. I make them all the time at the Krusty Krab!” Spongebob answered and then looks down to see the bigger picture of what was inside the soup bowl and then laughs, “This is a force of habit.”

The Lava King then goes inside the kitchen to see if the duo were working. He saw Spongebob making burgers instead of actual soup while Koamalu was nervously scrubbing the plates. The Lava King glares at Spongebob.

“You want a taste of this delicious Krabby Patty?” Spongebob asked.

“Not like this! You do it like this!” Lava King exclaimed as he burns the patties at the grip of his hands and angrily stirs around the soup spoon. “I don’t know how you’ve done it, but you better get it right!” He shouted out and then left the kitchen.

“That was too close,” said Koamalu.

“Looks like I need to figure out how to make soup that looks like soup,” said Spongebob.

“It’s not fun doing the dishes over here either. How long is our shift supposed to last?” Koamalu replied.

“I should try using these powers Neptune gave me, but it wouldn’t feel the same to do it the normal way….” Spongebob said.

Spongebob stiffens his fingers and kindles with them to amplify Totem powers into them and notices the magic by linking his energy into a Krabby Patty he instantly made from the cauldron, and sees the burger being liquefied at the force of his hands and at the convergence from his mind and charm.

“Hopefully, the Lava King doesn’t see through this,” said Spongebob.

“Looks like the powers from that charm do work, though.” Koamalu remarked.

“….” Spongebob looked at his bowl with a hesitant look before he then spoke, “I just can’t do this! I know food is made with love and not with magical powers! I can’t get Krabby Patties straightened out of my mind when I have to do this!”

Pertaining to the last thing Spongebob said, the soup next to him then turns back into a Krabby Patty.

“Come on, I’ll help!”

Switching stations, Koamalu moves to the cauldron while Spongebob goes to the sink with the dirty plates and utensils.

“Cooking is my passion, but you’re right. You can make some good stew, right?”

“What do you know about making stew other than stirring the spoon around?”

“Any good stew can use some salt, the perfect temperature, and a whole lot of love!”

Koamalu then proceeds to use the cauldron and pour a sample of the soup into a bowl. Afterwards, he accidentally slips and slams his back towards the cauldron. As it began to spill, Spongebob’s senses of danger caused the charm to react and the cauldron froze in place. (As well as the soup itself)

“Now that was closer!” Koamalu stated.

“We both need to work some things out. It’s a really good thing that you’re alright!” Spongebob said.

“It was your charm again! Now, I suggest you’ll be able to make soup when you notice how much you love making it,” Koamalu advised. “….And when I remind you that we need to make sure that Lava King doesn’t roast us alive.”

“No problem.”

“Trust me. I should be able to know a lot about making soup too, and we’ll try our best on that. I know of a very good recipe that I have in mind!”

“Yet, if Koamalu has lost his memories, then it’s important that he needs to restore them somehow.” Neptune’s words echoed. That was when Koamalu realized what he has gained.

“We’ll do it together once I’m done with these dishes,” said Koamalu and returns to the sink after fretfully looking at the Lava King peering at the corner.

The dining hall was then filled up with the Bikini Bottom folk as Spongebob is preparing and serving them their meals. Mr. Krabs comes inside and, from his view by the counter, sees Spongebob and Koamalu working around the kitchen.

“How are you coming along, boy?” Mr. Krabs asked.

From his distance, Spongebob responded, “Koamalu and I are coming along fine! I even gotten used to making some stew. It’s free if you want some.”

“Free, huh? It’s still hard getting used to this place without the comfort of me register and the Krusty Krab,” Mr. Krabs replied and then pointed to Koamalu. “So that scamp is working with you?”

“He’s the busboy,” Spongebob continued, “but don’t worry about the whole universe getting destroyed thing, Koamalu and I both got ancient Totem God powers from Neptune. Here’s my charm to prove it!”

“You got special powers to use to stop these evil forces?” Mr. Krabs questioned.

“Oh yeah!”

Mr. Krabs gave out a strong, hard laugh. “And you’re telling me Patrick has access to sorcery through his ancient ancestry with the power of his magic wand!” He said sarcastically.

“I have what?” Patrick asked gullibly, off-screen.

“It’s true, and we’ll be up against the Lava King’s forces once our shift is over,” said Spongebob and then immediately waltzes over to the cauldron to stir and cook some more soup. “Anyways, I got to continue working!”

“You keep doing that. I don’t need soup, I’m here to see if the Lava King is inside here so I can complain,” Mr. Krabs responded.

Without looking back at his boss, Spongebob then said, “Oh Mr. K., please don’t end up like Squidward!”

“There’s nothing I should worry about, lad.”

Mr. Krabs opens a wooden door to and enters the office to where the Lava King was standing about.

“Listen you, I’m calling you out!” Mr. Krabs exclaimed.

The Lava King was at silence and gave no response.

“Have you realized what you’ve done to Mr. Squidward?” Mr. Krabs continued. “I can’t make money when I get me Krusty Krab back when he’s like that!”

Once again, the Lava King didn’t respond.

“Spongebob shouldn’t even be working with you, he’s my responsibility!”

After a long while, the Lava King then said, “Your own life matters so much to you.” Now looking overhead at Mr. Krabs with a looming expression, the King then bellows, “You can join your precious cephalopod once I turn you into stone, starting now!”

“WAIT!” Mr. Krabs beseeched and the Lava King stopped himself from fueling a fireball at the crustacean.

“So you got any last words?” The Lava King questioned.

“No, forget what I said! I hate to say this, but I’ll do anything to get Squidward back.”

“If it’s Squidward you want for just about anything, then you better accept the deal I’ll give you: Until I decide to give back the octopus’ freedom, you are my responsibility: you work for me, you’ll speak with me when I need you to, and you’ll have to take and do all my demands. You can start by working here.”

Mr. Krabs was speechless and starting acting sweaty.

“Have we got ourselves a deal?” The Lava King asked.

“So I’ll be a slave!?” Mr. Krabs said with disgust.

“Do you want to end like the octopus and fail to bring him back?” The Lava King restated. “I do as I please. If I can turn you into stone because you won’t take my offer, then I can do just that! It’s all or nothing!”

“Then you got yourself a deal,” Mr. Krabs replied, despaired. The Lava King tossed him a broom and Mr. Krabs, hanging his head, skedaddled out of the office to do some cleaning.

Spongebob and Koamalu were still working around the clock and then noticed a tiki head hopping about to the kitchen. Working at the same time, they watched as the head slowly made its way closer and plopped onto the counter.

“Have you each practice your Totem God abilities yet?” the voice of a mirage tiki person asked.

“How would you know about that?” Spongebob asked back.

“We’ve seen the charm, but listen carefully: you can practice your abilities by transporting to the Lava King’s territory, which is inhabited by creatures under his will,” the voice replied.

“Right now, the Lava King’s off-the-clock and making us work,” said Koamalu.

“Yes, but when the King prepares to set off for a fight with Enakai, that’s when you’ll get the time to prove yourselves as wielders of the powers beholden by the Totem Gods.”

The Lava King then entered the kitchen to check on Spongebob and Koamalu, who both instantly got back to their stations.

“Getting things done my way as usual I see,” said the Lava King. “What’s with the tiki head?”

“I don’t know how it got there,” Koamalu fibbed.

“That is rather strange….but I think you boys have worked ourselves hard enough!” The Lava King responds and then shoots a fireball from his right hand, aiming at Koamalu.

Spongebob senses it and quickly forms a bubble at the fireball to block it from hitting Koamalu.

“I knew it! I knew that charm would mean the real thing!” The Lava King exclaimed. Directly at Spongebob, he says to him, “Somebody gave you the powers of a Totem God? Come on, tell me who.”

“I won’t tell you!” Spongebob proclaimed.

“I’m still gonna have to wallop you two! I dare you each to face me with your powers!”

“Then it looks like we’re out of here. Let’s go, Koamalu!”

Out of panic, Spongebob and Koamalu ran away from the dining hall. As they existed, lava blob monsters were spawned by the Lava King, ascending from the ground.

“It looks like we start practicing our powers at this moment,” said Spongebob. “I’m pretty sure we have to think of what we can do to stop these things.”

Trying out his Totem God powers, Spongebob focuses on summoning a giant wave at the side of the lava creatures. The result was smaller, but Spongebob was able to take down half of the King’s guards. Koamalu was now giving his powers a try and focused on creating a ball of energy to shoot water at the enemies. One by one, the creatures were being diminished as Koamalu kept on shooting, but his technique began to wear off. Koamalu held in, but felt the spines from his back pulsating. The lava creatures got nearer at the duo, before Spongebob could emit a whirlpool around him and finish off the rest of the enemies.

Spongebob and Koamalu kept running off. It wasn’t long before the Lava King got in front of them. Spongebob and Koamalu continued running, and proceeded by evading the King. They approached a small elevator next to a laboratory built for Sandy and they went lower ground, hoping they either lost sight of the Lava King or that they stopped chasing him.

Spongebob and Koamalu entered Sandy’s main study. At sight of the squirrel, the duo went over and embraced Sandy with tears out of fear and relief.

“Git a hold of yourselves! What’s the worry?” Sandy asked and pushed off Spongebob and Koamalu.

“It’s the Lava King, Sandy! He was trying to kill us!” Spongebob answered. “I think we should be safe here for the rest of the night.”

“There’s no way you both are sleeping inside here!” Sandy replied. “I have to do my research on trying to stop the wormhole, and so far I’ve got nothing all day.”

“You’ve been here all day?” Spongebob replied. “As long as the Lava King doesn’t try to threaten you, the air is fine on the outside.”

“What have y’all been doing while I was here?”

“Well, King Neptune and Queen Amphitrite came to visit us and gave me the blessing to use Totem God powers with this charm. Just a few minutes ago, Koamalu and I have gotten a fresh start with using our abilities,” Spongebob explained. “I’m being real!”

“If you expect me to think you two can bring back Bikini Bottom yourselves, I got science by my side and I can say that you critters can stand by from trying to stop this madness,” said Sandy.

“We can restore Bikini Bottom ourselves, I vow on that!” Spongebob replied. “Do you still mind if we rest here for tonight?”

Sandy sighed and then said, “I suppose so. There’s a bunk in here, but you two have to share one.”

As directed, Spongebob and Koamalu walked over to the bottom bunk and laid themselves onto the bedding.

“It’ll be very risky, but we shall do what we can to bring back Bikini Bottom as well as saving our universe,” Spongebob declared. “Goodnight, Koamalu.”

“Goodnight, Spongebob,” Koamalu finished and they both went to sleep.

4. Koa (Courage)

Inside Sandy’s research facility, Spongebob and Koamalu woke up on their side of the bunk.

“Good morning Koamalu!” Spongebob remarked. “Good morning Sandy!” Looking up, he realizes that Sandy was already awake, judging the look of the bed covers. “Isn’t she an early bird, or in this case, early squirrel?”

Spongebob was calling out for Sandy before he sees her in the same spot and sitting at the same desk, like yesterday.

“Did you have a good night’s sleep, Sandy?” Spongebob asked.

“Did I have a good’s night sleep, Spongebob, did I!?” Sandy responded. “I’ve been working all night trying to figure out a best possible solution to fixing that darn wormhole!”

“I understand that you need all your time to study and solve the problem with the dimensional rift, but,” Spongebob was saying, “even if we could all die, there isn’t a lot of time to waste! Do you at least want to catch some waves on one of the surfboards the totem people made?”

“Don’t y’all have yer own jobs to take care of?” Sandy asked. “And no, I ain’t going surfing.”

“No worries,” Spongebob replied, “the Lava King isn’t off the clock just yet, so I guess Koamalu and I will just have to keep practicing on using our powers.”

A knock was then heard coming from outside the door. Sandy then headed over to open it up, revealing Larry the Lobster.

Hey, how’s it going….you?” Larry greeted, trying to remember Sandy’s name.

“Sandy,” she reminded.

“Hey Sandy, do you want to go hit the beach, like old times?” Larry suggested.

“I’m going to give that a rain check,” Sandy replied.

“Come on Sandy, could you at least spare the time to take a break from your science stuff to hang ten with your old pal?” Larry asked.

“Why don’t you ask Spongebob and Koamalu? They’re here with me, and they’re surely looking to do sumthin’!”

Before Sandy was going to close the door, Spongebob and Koamalu exited the laboratory to meet up with Larry.

“Hey Larry, how’s it hanging?” Spongebob questioned.

“I was wondering if you’d like to go surfing with me,” said Larry. He then looks at Koamalu and asks, “Say, isn’t this the shrimp who messed up Bikini Bottom?”

“He’s a nice little fellow, so please don’t make him a scapegoat like that!” Spongebob reassured as he glimpsed Koamalu looking at Larry nervously. “Between you and us, we got magical powers that we need to use to take down the Lava King and restore Bikini Bottom!”

“I’ve just seen other citizens of Bikini Bottom stiff as a statue, literally,” Larry said, taking a look around to see some Bikini Bottomites turned to stone. “I wish I don’t end up like everyone else, but I give you good luck.”

“You know, we still need to practice these powers we got, but Koamalu and I would love to go surfboarding with you!” Spongebob continued.

“That’s the spirit! I already got my board on me!”

“Wait, what is surfing?” Koamalu asked.

Spongebob tugged on Koamalu’s arm as he guided himself and the dragon over to a set of wooden surfboards, bringing two back to the shores.

“Sandy, Larry, and I have been doing some surfing for a long while,” said Spongebob. “We’ll show you how, and then you’ll get used to it!”

Swimming across to the water with their boards, the two met up with Larry, as they all prepared for a big wave to come crashing down. Larry rides it along with no problem while Koamalu looked to be struggling.

“You need to keep your balance like this, little buddy!” Spongebob called out, surfing to his side. “Pay attention to that wave too, you don’t want to get caught in it!”

“This doesn’t look easy!” Koamalu said.

Koamalu was still trying to operate the surfboard before the wave swooped down. He instantly wipes out and gets sent back to the sandy beach. Spongebob was signaling for him to come back to the waves, but he just glimpsed at him and Larry riding along the waves.

“Come back here, Koamalu. The water’s fine!” Spongebob called out.

“I can’t handle this, just thinking about getting caught by those tidal waves looks pretty scary,” Koamalu responded.

“Show some guts, nothing will hurt you!” Larry said.

As Spongebob was riding another wave, he ending up wiping out and fell into the water. He submerges while flailing his arms around.

“Someone help, I can’t swim!” Spongebob exclaimed.

In an instant, Larry picks up Spongebob and puts him back on the surfboard. The sponge was now in tears after he got saved from drowning.

“You know, I think there’s one thing you both need to work on….” Larry deadpanned.

Spongebob sniffed and then asked Larry, “What is that?”

“If you think you got what it takes to stop this Lava King, you’ll need to find some courage,” Larry replied. “Let’s start over first, and bring that dragon back with you.”

Now with Koamalu back on his board, Larry leads him and Spongebob distant from the incoming waves.

“This is a better place to focus on your mind. Now you’ll have to put aside those bad thoughts to brave the waves,” said Larry.

“I’m an independent guy and I’m able to take care of myself. I think I’m brave enough,” said Koamalu.

“Is that what you’ll think before you take on a tidal wave?” Larry asked. “Spongebob doesn’t look to have his mind straightened up.”

Spongebob was at the verge of tears. “I remember how I would tell how brave Squidward is….”

“Squidward, you mean the guy who hated protein shakes so much?” Larry questioned. “He sure was brave when I gave him what he deserved!” Again, he looks at Spongebob who was still sobbing, “But I do understand he’s your friend. Do you two want to show the Lava King what you’re made of, or just quiver?”

Spongebob stopped his crying. He and Koamalu both nodded for Larry to carry on with his advice.

“Just remember what you’re up against. You can’t get across your worries and fears if you think hard on that,” Larry continued.

The three then paddle across to approach an incoming tidal wave. Koamalu tries to remember to keep balance while Spongebob was at his side. Riding the wave, Koamalu could feel his feet focused on the board. He could feel the momentum rushing through. He could feel himself being courageous while riding through the wave. Koamalu and Spongebob each were able to accomplish the task of riding through the tidal wave as Larry waited to see how they’ve been doing.

“Nice shot!” Larry complimented. “It takes more than just one wave. I’d like to see you both try and catch a barrel.”

Spongebob and Koamalu looked at each other with determination as they now decided to take on another upcoming wave at the shape of a tube. They both went inside the wave, remembering Larry’s advice about ‘braving the wave.’ They both successfully went through the wave and paddled back to Larry.

“Do we look brave to you now?” Spongebob asked.

“Keep up the good work and you’ll both realize how courageous you were,” said Larry.

“If you’ve seen what we were capable of, you should see what kind of powers we can use!” Spongebob said.

“I don’t think I need to see more for today…”

With his charm and at his fingertips, Spongebob conjured a giant breaking wave. Koamalu quickly paddles out of the water as the wave crashes onto Larry and sends him soaring back to shore.

“Sorry, sorry, was that too much?” Spongebob said, coming over to Larry on the seaside.

“That was unbelievable,” Larry groaned, “….don’t do that to me again.”

Afterwards, Koamalu was seen making a giant wave himself through his charm. Spongebob and Larry managed to avoid it.

“Im sorry about that too, I got curious!” Koamalu uttered.

After their session with Larry, Spongebob and Koamalu now spend their name roaming around the place.

“Larry is a really cool guy,” said Koamalu. “I’m sure all your other friends are nice to get around with too.”

“Of course they are,” Spongebob replied. “As long as they aren’t statues, we can get along nicely. Oh look, there’s my best friend Patrick!”

Spongebob spotted Patrick standing around and approaches him with Koamalu.

“Hey Patrick, it’s been a little while, but is this new way of living comfortable enough for you?” Spongebob asked the sea star.

“There are these voices inside my head that keep telling me things that I don’t understand!” Patrick responded. “I must be dreaming!”

“Those voices are the Mirage Tiki People, remember?” Spongebob replied. “Is there anything that we, including Koamalu, can help you with?”

“What’s a Koamalu?” Patrick questioned stupidly. “Even you’re talking really weird, Spongebob!”

Putting his hand next to Koamalu, Spongebob says towards him, “Don’t mind my friend. You probably won’t see it, but I think he’s really smart!”

Koamalu offers a hand shake to Patrick and says to him, “Koamalu happens to be my name. It’s nice to meet a sea star like you!”

“It’s nice to meet you too. You should get to know the Lava King!” Patrick responded. Spongebob and Koamalu shook upon the last thing he just said.

“The Lava King is most definitely unfriendly, you know!” Koamalu said.

“He creates good looking, and lifelike statues and said that ‘I would make a great statue’ if I keep doing nothing all day!”

Koamalu sighed. He continues, “That’s not a very good thing. You’re much safer hiding somewhere around the island from the Lava King. Having experience on living alone in an island like this, I know what to do to keep yourself from the Lava King’s clutches and to survive.”

Patrick stares into space while Spongebob muses on Koamalu’s sense of directions.

“To make things simple, there are shrubs around here that should have some wild berries grown, the things you can eat! I also work part-time at the ol’ greasy spoon with Spongebob where we make some stew. Do you have a place to live anywhere around here?”

“I do live under a rock,” Patrick responds and points over to a rock next to a series of huts.

“Then you don’t have to worry about that. When this soft, sandy surface gets hot, that means the Lava King is storming by, usually angry about something. That means you could hide somewhere where his body doesn’t touch, like behind a cacao tree and behind a group of jungle vines. Make sure you don’t touch poison ivy! Though, it depends if they grow around here…”

“So that’s why the stuff doesn’t look or taste likes a Krabby Patty,” Patrick says, referring to the stew.

“Do I make myself clear that you need to stay away from the Lava King?”

“Oh yeah, you can count on me!”

Patrick walks away as Koamalu returns to Spongebob’s side.

“Does he know a thing or two about common sense? I don’t want him to turn to stone,” Koamalu said to his porous pal.

“I didn’t think you’d know so much about living in a place like this,” Spongebob replied. “Maybe you’re recollecting some more fragments of your memory.”

Upon Spongebob’s words, Koamalu’s mind snapped from this realization.

“Well, let’s head our way to the kitchen before the Lava King sees us out here,” said Spongebob, without noticing the same being was standing in front of him and Koamalu.

“Surprise, it’s time to get to work!” The Lava King commanded and forces his hands to grip on the two, dragging them back inside the kitchen.

At their usual work stations, Koamalu was taking care of the dishes while Spongebob works the stewpot.

“Sorry, I can’t seem to find the right time to attack the Lava King by surprise,” Spongebob whispered.

“If we ever get the chance, I feel determined and brave enough to use my potential,” Koamalu whispered back.

“We can’t bring that guy down any sooner, so I’m thinking you and I could devise a strategy in defeating him,” Spongebob replied. “I suggest we sneak inside the Lava King’s own dimension as a way to demonstrate our abilities!”

Koamalu felt unsure of what to think of this kind of offer. Having to stick together with Spongebob 24/7, he knew that he would have to agree.

Finally back with a new ep for this spin-off. Don't worry folks, it won't take me another several years for the next episode to be out.

5. No’eau (Skill)

SpongeBob and Koamalu returned to Sandy’s research facility for shelter to sleep the rest of the day away. When the morning came, SpongeBob risen up from his bunk, above Koamalu’s, and tried to wake up the sea dragon afterwards. However, he notices another thing about Koamalu, upon having trouble waking him up.

“Okay, Koamalu, it’s time for a brand new day,” says SpongeBob. “We better start it as soon as possible if we need the Lava King to spare our lives,” he then adds, still trying to wake Koamalu from his sleep, whilst now shaking his body. “Come on, Koamalu, it is morning! What’s going on with you?”

Koamalu’s eyes shot open when he drops down flat on his stomach from his bunker due to SpongeBob trying to budge his body.

“Wait! I needed to talk to Enakai about some…thing…” Koamalu was saying before reexamining the world around him. He lifts himself up and turns around to see SpongeBob next to him, who was looking at him with bewilderment. Koamalu then says to him, “SpongeBob, I’ve figured out how the answers to my own life are coming back to me. I’ve been regaining my memories in my sleep.”

“That sounds very weird, but that’s also good to hear,” SpongeBob responded.

“Not only that, more and more each day, I feel like I’ve been getting closer to finding out the answer about why the two worlds in my mind have crossed paths and split with your own world.” Koamalu continued.

“You really think so?” SpongeBob questioned.

“My dreams…they have a strong connection to me somehow. Also…” Koamalu’s eyes drowsed and his tone of voice felt hoarse as he continued to speak, “…I now remembered how tired I usually am. I don’t feel like doing any work today.”

SpongeBob grabbed both of Koamalu’s hands to help with his composure, then telling him, “This world depends on us to restore it. Just know that I will always have your back.”

“What about Sandy, aren’t we also depending on her to restore the world?”

SpongeBob looked around the research shelter to get a good look at Sandy within her study. The squirrel’s face showed a clear sleep-deprived look. Her sore pink eyes were focused on the work as she inscribed in her papers. She sat, struggling on her written thesis on dimensional transportation.

“For now, I’d say Sandy could use a lot more rest than we do,” said SpongeBob. He stood right in front of the squirrel and spoke to her, “How about Koamalu and I take you for a bowl of our soup? You look like you could use something to eat-“

Before SpongeBob could finish, Sandy stopped him by lightly slapping back SpongeBob’s arm with her own.

“Y’all do your job without me, there’s no time for me to waste here!” Sandy exclaimed. “I don’t need food! I need to get closer to solving this darn problem and save our own world!”

“Okay, if that’s how you feel, then we’ll just head out without you,” SpongeBob responded. “I do appreciate you giving me and Koamalu a place to stay overnight.”

Time passes as SpongeBob and Koamalu were in the kitchen of the cafeteria hut alongside Mr. Krabs, each of them nearly finished with their shift. SpongeBob was working on the soup mixture he’s stirred up while Koamalu was cleaning the used kitchenware.

“I appreciate ye lads for giving me two extra set of hands with this job,” Mr. Krabs complimented.

“There isn’t anything that I wouldn’t do for some hard work, Mr. K,” Spongebob responded. “Once our shift is done, Koamalu and I are going to step out to practice our powers lent to us some more. When the fate of our world rests within him, each day is especially going to be busy for me.”

“Of course, but when it’s time for me next shift, I better see ye and your crewmate back here,” Mr. Krabs replied. “You’d know that I don’t like having to face that Lava King alone, especially when I’m contractually obligated to working with him…no wait, forget the last thing I said, that’s too absurd! You both enjoy yourselves wherever it is you’re going!”

Mr. Krabs exchanged a nervous look towards SpongeBob after letting slip his oath. SpongeBob and Koamalu both looked back at him with bewilderment.

“Mr. Krabs, you’re acting weird just now…”

“As I said, forget about it! Any minute now, the Lava King will leave his post.”

When the Lava King made his leave by sinking into the sand-covered ground, the civilians standing within promptly reacted with the feeling of having stepped on hot coals. In avoidance of touching the scorching hot surface, SpongeBob jumped up onto a counter, Koamalu curled himself inside the sink he was using, and Mr. Krabs jumped inside the stewpot, only for the heat drawn by it to then scald Mr. Krabs, making him jump out afterwards.

As the heat on the ground dissolved, SpongeBob and Koamalu exited the hut while Mr. Krabs appeared to be alone in the kitchen now until he heard faint noises and scoped out the source.

“Show yourself to me Plankton, I know you’re out here,” said Mr. Krabs.

The microscopic organism appears right in front of the crustacean, stepping out from behind ceramic spice jars on a counter. Mr. Krabs then picked up Plankton with one of his pinchers as he saw him.

“Hey now, Krabs, this isn’t what you think it’s about,” he said.

“How can ye prove that you’re not after me secret formuler?” Mr. Krabs asked.

“Okay, so I snuck myself inside Sandy’s Treedome to watch her demonstrate portal technology so I turn my experience into ideas on how I can take that formula. Also, making sure if you had the bottle with you, I also plotted on taking it from your grasp while you were distracted,” Plankton explained. “I didn’t come by here to tell you all this, but now you how I’ve ended up here.”

“Then what is your reason for this talk?” Mr. Krabs responded as he put Plankton down on the counter.

“I can help you get the Lava King off your back.”

Mr. Krabs gave a chuckle and then said, “Don’t try, Plankton. You may have been unlucky not to be seen him, but trying to overcome him will turn you into a little statue.”

“You’ve managed to save your own shell forcing yourself to serve the Lava King, so the first part of my plan is to pretending to be his ally. As long as he can buy it long enough before I can crush him until he’s nothing but a pile of soot, this plan could work!”

“Oh and how are ye going to be able to get rid of the guy? You’re quite the schemer, but you’re no good at making your own plans succeed.”

“Allow me to use whatever scraps I’ve gathered from this island and from that squirrel to construct an invention that will destroy him once and for all! I know you can’t trust me with anything, Krabs, but I can make your life and as well as mine easier here by eliminating this enemy that we share.”

“The Lava King isn’t just our enemy. He’s an enemy to all of us Bikini Bottomites. Besides, how has he entering our world made you feel like it’s affected you so strongly?”

“I wouldn’t mind if you end up being the Lava King’s errand boy for the rest of your life. However, being Bikini Bottom’s most evil and feared sea creature is my thing, and I can’t afford to have some interdimensional drifter take that title by force.”

“Alright then, go ahead and fulfill your selfish needs and do whatever it is you’re plotting to do,” Mr. Krabs finished, walking away from the dining hut.

“You can thank me later, Krabs. If our world miraculously doesn’t end, just know that I’ll go back to my routine of trying to take your formula,” Plankton remarked.

Outside, SpongeBob and Koamalu examined their surroundings. Like before at the dining hut, and at Sandy’s lodging, Koamalu still looked drowsy.

“Okay buddy, we have time before the Lava King has to send us to our next shift. We return to his dimension to practice our skills whenever you’re ready.” SpongeBob informed.

“I…I could use some sleep first,” Koamalu mumbled.

“I thought so,” said SpongeBob. “You can have yourself a break, but we’ll need enough time to improve these powers for as long as we can hold on to them.”

Koamalu was prepared to fall asleep before something in his view got his attention, well enough to shoot his eyelids up. “SpongeBob, you ever noticed that cavern over there?” He asked, pointing his claw over to it.

“I’ve noticed it since the first day when things got all mixed up,” SpongeBob replied.

“I’ve just remembered last night. This is the place where Enakai is usually inside of and where he comes out of. I need to talk with him and this is where I have to go!”

“If this is the place you saw in a vision, then I believe you. Still, just to be safe, we have to become well-adjusted to our abilities before we face him.”

“It is indeed best to hone these skills before facing a powerful adversary,” a voice echoed, signifying that it’s coming from one of the Mirage Tiki People. “We the Mirage Tiki People have sensed Enakai’s aura emitting from the cavern, which I should add, is an entrance to his pocket dimension.”

“I’m lost on that last part,” said SpongeBob.

“A pocket dimension is a different, smaller universe that coexists within another,” the voice continued. “It is not only a world where Enakai lies within, it is his own domain.”

“Well, we’ve heard the voice,” SpongeBob said to Koamalu. “We need to save the universe soon before it erases us, but we still got some practicing to do.”

“Hey, SpongeBob!” Another voice hollered, later showing that it’s coming from Patrick, standing beside his current rock of a home.

“Hey Patrick, what’s happening?” SpongeBob asked.

“So that Lava King is always telling me that I should stop doing nothing, so I thought we’d do something together today,” Patrick replied. “Now come on, let’s play some Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy!” As he said this, he was holding makeshift clothing to resemble the outfits of the aptly named superheroes, made of kelp, hay, twigs, coconuts, and bramble.

“Patrick, it would be nice to play superheroes with you, but I’m sorry, I have some real superhero business to do right now with Koamalu,” SpongeBob replied.

Patrick’s joyful expression turned to disappointment, dropping his things on the floor, and then saying to SpongeBob, “Come on! Why is it that since he came here, you don’t have time to play with me now? Is it because he’s your new best friend, now?”

“It’s not like that, Patrick,” SpongeBob reassured. “Neptune has entrusted Koamalu and I to bring the universe back to normal. Once that’s taken care of, I’ll have time to play with you as best friends again.”

“Why did he have to go and ruin everything?” Patrick said, pointing his hand towards Koamalu, startling him.

“Patrick, you should know that Koamalu doesn’t mean harm to anyone, he’s been a good friend and comrade to me-“

“If you want a new best friend to hang out with, then fine! At least Squidward isn’t saying no to me!” The starfish finished as he then walked over Squidward, who remains turned to stone, standing stiff and motionless.

“Are you going to tell him that Squidward is still a statue?” Koamalu asked SpongeBob.

“I’m sorry about Patrick,” SpongeBob responded. “He can be sensitive and we’ve had our hardships before, but I still consider him my friend. Soon, he’ll feel more comfortable with you.”

“Yeah, I wish I could make friends with him,” Koamalu replied.

“Are you feeling like working on our powers now?”

“Sure thing, I have the energy for that now.”

With the magic embedded in his charm, SpongeBob uses his powers to transport him and Koamalu to Lava King’s domain and they see each other, once again, standing in front of the lava creatures.

“Remember this, buddy,” SpongeBob was saying to Koamalu. “I put a lot of my faith and trust in you, and if we’re going to fix this mess, we need to show the Lava King and Enakai our courage.”

In an instant, the fight between SpongeBob, Koamalu, and the lava creatures started. As his first move, SpongeBob conjured a series of water balls and managed to strike diminish several lava creatures with them. Koamalu would then conjure up a set of arrows made of water to, also assisting in reducing the number of enemies around him and his confidant. With a lot of focus and confidence invested in them, the scuffle would appear to feel more like a cakewalk for the duo compared to their first intrusion in the Lava King’s realm.

SpongeBob unleashes a few more moves with his power, among them being a more powerful tidal wave summon than before, while then also summoning what resembles a group of dolphins as a long range move to continuing reducing the Lava King’s defenses. As that attack dissolved, SpongeBob would then form an attack resembling a laser beam.

Among the attacks that Koamalu would create include a series of fireballs, which to his mistake had no effect on the lava creatures. Afterwards, he would then summon kelp trees that would uproot and damage the enemies but without destroying them. Koamalu then tries to maneuver the ground and creates a crack on where the enemies stood. He then destroys them by closing the fractured surface shut, suppressing the opponents into nothing in the process. At this point, Koamalu feels fatigued but continues to trudge on by then creating and shooting hard-hitting rock projectiles at remaining enemies as if he were using a railgun.

SpongeBob and Koamalu finish their job by forming a whirlpool together to kill off the last of the lava creatures. With the battlefield looking empty in SpongeBob and Koamalu’s sight, they transport themselves back to the main, altered dimension to congratulate themselves for the job they’ve done, giving each other a brief hand slap.

“Looks like…we’re getting the hang of using these powers,” SpongeBob remarked as he bent down alongside his partner to take some breaths.

“Yeah…and I’m beginning to understand why,” Koamalu replied.

A minute after returning from the Lava King’s dimension, however, the pain from Koamalu’s backside returned. He collapsed due to the pulsation. SpongeBob went over to lift his body to check on him to see that while he’s fatigued, he still has a pulse.

“Koamalu, with you at my side and having to look after you, you’ve become quite a big responsibility for me,” said SpongeBob. “Although, because this task is such a huge responsibility for me, I don’t know if I can handle myself for long.”

Sometime later, SpongeBob and Koamalu would have to return to the dining hut for tonight’s shift. Mr. Krabs would follow suit, but he would then find a surprise waiting right in front of him. Minutes after returning for his post, he sees The Lava King with Plankton next to him, turned to stone, indicating that his plan didn’t succeed.

“So, it seems that you are fond of playing games with me,” The Lava King spoke, “but I don’t want to play this game of yours.”

Mr. Krabs bent down and begged “Please don’t pin this on me, he doesn’t have anything to do with me!”

“Is that so?” The Lava King inquired. “This specimen has mentioned you a few times when he tried to talk me into allying with him.”

“Him and his tiny big mouth,” Mr. Krabs muttered to himself.

“Well then, I think it’s time that I seal your fate since you have been defying me,” the Lava King continued. “Although, I’d be willing to give you one last chance to have your life spared if you choose to agree on this next deal.”

“Whatever it is, I’ll take it. I should be strong enough to handle it.”

“No surprise to hear this from someone who values his own life over the lives of others. Decision granted, and of course, there’s no way for you take this back. The moment I see you refusing my orders, I’ll add you to my collection of statues right away. As a first order of business, you are my enforcer. I’m still going to need you to do work here, but now I’m assigning you to force any slackers to do what I have you tell them to do. Now go on and do your shift, this meeting is adjourned.”

Mr. Krabs entered the kitchen stunned and with a look of despair. He leans his head against the counter and murmurs…

“I don’t feel so good about meself…”

Edited by Steel Sponge

6. Ohana (Family)

After a long night of slaying lava creatures alongside his partner, SpongeBob, Koamalu was in another deep slumber. Each night his dreaming was becoming more lucid, although he’s been experiencing the same dream as before where he saw himself in a vibrant background with a variety of different flashing colors and the sound of a voice unfamiliar to him, but with different fragments of his memories being revealed to him. Things still appeared to be a blur to the sleeping sea dragon. While we can now remember the voice calling to him, he still couldn’t make out the face of this character that he’s been communicating with.

“It’s so nice to be speaking with you again, Koamalu.” The voice spoke, feminine in tone.

“But I still don’t know who you are and why I’ve been hearing your voice…” Koamalu said.

“I’ve been telling you, this will all make more sense the more that we meet,” the voice continued. “I only have the power to enter your dreams and provide you more lost memories about yourself a few at a time. Now tell me, Koamalu, what do you see?”

Mental images of Enakai began to fill Koamalu’s mind and so he responded to the voice after a brief silence, “I see Enakai again. He’s been in my life for the longest time, but I’ve been thinking that’s been hiding something from me as well, and I need to know what it is that he’s hiding from me.”

“I wouldn’t get your head wrapped too much around that. I do have one question to ask, though. What does Enakai mean to you?” The voice inquired.

“He’s the one person that I know that I’ve considered as family. I trust him because there’s no else that I know to trust until I met other people like SpongeBob. Although, after regaining memories about myself, and they all had little to do with Enakai…my mind’s been in a blur.”

“I understand how you feel. Have ever thought about where you really came from.”

Koamalu thought hard on that question for a moment and responded with a firm “No.”

“Have you ever thought about where Enakai came from?”

“I’ve been realizing that he’s from a world that’s different from my own. Where I come from is something that I’d really want to know, and why we became family.”

“I’m sure you’ll find out those answers by talking to him if you can reach the pocket dimension that he houses in. I won’t be able to lend some more information to you there since time doesn’t move in those realms, and I should warn you about how Enakai’s dimension disregards the passage of time since time can still move freely where you are now.”

“Can you at least tell me more about Enakai now before I enter his dimension?”

“You and your friend are pursuing the Lava King, who came from the past, correct? Enakai exists from the future. These two are connected to you because-“

Before Koamalu could be able to hear the rest of the explanation, he reappeared inside Sandy’s lodging with SpongeBob after a rude awakening from Mr. Krabs, who was outside the hut, yelling for him, SpongeBob, and Sandy to step out.

“Come on out and get to work, all of you slackers!” Mr. Krabs exclaimed. “SpongeBob, Sandy, and…the other feller, whatshisname, the Lava King needs ye!”

“What’s going on? It must be very important,” the half-asleep SpongeBob said.

Sandy walked out of her hut to approach Mr. Krabs with cracks in her eyes, and fired back at him, saying, “Well, I’m not coming out! I’m in the middle of reaching a scientific breakthrough!”

“I don’t care, the Lava King needs ye to help build this island in his image,” Mr. Krabs replied. “It’s his orders, so you’ll have to do what he says.”

“Since when did you care about that good-for-nothing tyrant?” Sandy asked. “I ain’t postponing my work to follow his rules!”

“You don’t want to turn into stone do ye? Well, neither would I, so get your captain’s quarters out of here and quit worrying about your fancy science project!”

“Oh, I know how it is, huh. The Lava King suddenly decided to make you the boss of all of us, but I’m more worried about not being able to find a solution to this problem than I am about turning into stone!” As Sandy continued to protest, Mr. Krabs dragged away from the hut by the tail with his pinchers. “Hey, let me go! Don’t forget, I know karate!”

SpongeBob and Koamalu saw the commotion between the two creatures as they stepped out of the hut.

“Golly, Mr. Krabs isn’t acting like himself,” SpongeBob remarked.

“What about Sandy?” Koamalu asked.

“I know Sandy can get aggressive sometimes, but it’s clear that she’s been overworking herself, so she could use some time away from her science,” SpongeBob replied.

It wasn’t long until Sandy used her karate skills to flip Mr. Krabs over before he touched down onto the ground. While the crustacean was too stunned to get up, Sandy walked over to SpongeBob and said, “SpongeBob, the Lava King is pushing us to do his dirty work, but somehow, Mr. Krabs is involved with this scheme of his, so now I’m unable to continue inventing a solution to this space-time disruption! King Neptune gave you and that other critter some sort of powers, so surely you can use that to do something about all this!”

“We’re trying Sandy, but we aren’t quite at the point where we can fix this problem,” SpongeBob responded. “It’s that we just need some more time is all.”

“Well, can’t you see that we’re running out of time!?” Sandy argued. “That hole in the sky is going to keep expanding until it wipes us out!”

“I must go back…to sleep…I need to know more….about Enakai…” Koamalu said drowsily, his head slumping against SpongeBob’s.

“We’ll have to talk about this later, Sandy,” SpongeBob finished before pulling Koamalu straight towards the cafeteria hut. “Just give us a few days and we might be able to bring Bikini Bottom back to the way it was.”

SpongeBob and Koamalu started their usual daily shift in serving soup to the other inhabitants. However, Koamalu was dozing off more and more during these work shifts, so SpongeBob had to push a little effort into making him look like he’s working whenever the Lava King was around to survey them. Taking notice of the news about the Lava King tightening up his rules, the Bikini Bottom citizens looked unhappier when SpongeBob gave each of them their helpings for the day, Sandy especially.

“I know you’re mad, but you need a break from the science for once,” said SpongeBob. When he presented the squirrel with her bowl of soup, she chugged it down her throat in less than 10 seconds.

“How can I relax when the darn Lava King is going to even prevent me from continuing my work?” Sandy responded. “I’ve been committed to figuring out a solution, and so far, I haven’t gotten close!”

“That’s why you got to trust me and Koamalu, Sandy Squirrel,” SpongeBob replied.

“It’s ‘Cheeks’,” the squirrel corrected with a stern tone.

“Yes, right, my apologies. I’ve been hard at work too, so I haven’t been thinking certain things straight. Look, I know you may not take a liking towards him, but Koamalu is going to be the key towards bringing us back to Bikini Bottom.” When SpongeBob saw the ground beneath him get warm, he stood on the counter until the lava subsided, signaling the end of his and Koamalu’s shift. The burning hot sensation of the floor beneath the sleeping sea dragon woke him up. “You can go back to your work now that the Lava King is off the clock for now.” As he returned to the kitchen, he said to Koamalu, “Our shift is done, good work there, buddy!”

“Don’t mention it, lad,” Mr. Krabs chimed in. “I’ve been dealing with this for a while now.”

“I was referring to Koamalu, Mr. Krabs,” SpongeBob clarified.

“Don’t think I didn’t notice that feller sleeping on the job,” Mr. Krabs replied. “I could’ve notified the Lava King about him if it weren’t for the two of ye sticking together, being fated to save Bikini Bottom and all.”

“I wouldn’t allow for Koamalu to become a statue when he’s important to this mission that I’ve been trusted with. Besides, you’ve been behaving differently, from when I saw you yelling at Sandy and the others to do some work for the Lava King. I sure hope he hasn’t done anything to Patrick.”

“Oh no, I haven’t noticed anybody else turning into statues. This is all part of me own job in ensuring that everyone is safe.” Mr. Krabs lied, as he abstained from mentioning what happened to Plankton earlier.

SpongeBob and Koamalu both gave Mr. Krabs a look of skepticism. SpongeBob breaks the awkward silence by then saying to Mr. Krabs, “Okay, I trust you. We’ll see you later, okay? Koamalu and I will be off to do some more Totem God stuff.”

As SpongeBob and Koamalu exited the cafeteria hut, they were confronted by Patrick, who wore a frantic and exasperated look on his face.

“Oh Patrick, it’s good to see that you’re still alive and well,” said SpongeBob.

“How come you don’t you want to play with me anymore, SpongeBob!?” Patrick exclaimed. “Come on! Let’s do something together right now! You can’t just replace me as your best friend with this…weird guy.”

“I would never replace you as a best friend,” SpongeBob reassured. “I’m just really tied up right now, so I was just leaving with Koamalu to go and-“

“Why is it you always want to hang around with him all of a sudden?” Patrick inquired. He turned around to look at Koamalu in the eye. He began to speak directly towards the sea dragon while his anger built up. “You, this is your fault, all of it! If you hadn’t showed up, I wouldn’t be losing my best friend and be told to do something that I can’t do by some giant volcano! I may not understand a lot of things, and I may not understand you or know who you are, but I think I understand that you don’t belong here! So why don’t you just get out of here…you….you big dummy!?”

Patrick’s harsh words stunned both Koamalu and as well as SpongeBob, Patrick’s own self-proclaimed best friend.

SpongeBob broke the silence and said to Koamalu, “I’m so sorry about Patrick. I can try to reason with him-“

“No, it’s fine,” Koamalu interrupted in a quiet yet sincere tone. “Patrick is right. I don’t belong in this world, since I’m not from here.” Before he continued to speak, he turned his head for a moment to view the cave in the distance that he recognized as the dimension where Enakai resided in. He looked back and then said, “I take responsibility for what happen to your own world. Enakai is my responsibility too, so…I think I’m better off facing him by myself.”

Without warning, SpongeBob saw as Koamalu tapped over to the cave and went through it.

“No, wait!” SpongeBob called out. “...Thanks a lot Patrick. I have to go and get him out now.”

“So? He most likely would’ve been lost there anyway,” Patrick heckled. “Now that he’s not here, I do can whatever I want with you now, right?”

“Our world is in peril and all you care about is yourself!” SpongeBob snapped, as he was about to unleash a part of the powers against him. “Do you realize what you just did to Koamalu? If you could just let us help, then maybe we can have fun together like we usually do, but now is not the time!” When he finished speaking, he used his powers without restraint to freeze Patrick, covering him in a wall of ice. Some of the Bikini Bottom citizens who have observed this quarrel crowded up and looked at SpongeBob with discontent. SpongeBob realized his mistake and immediately conjured heat to thaw out Patrick from his state and ran up to the cave entrance housing Enakai’s dimension before Patrick could say something.

When SpongeBob entered Enakai’s cove, it was like a labyrinth inside, so in a cosmic sort of sense, he figured that Patrick was right in assuming that Koamalu would get lost in place like this, much like he is now. Small serpent-like creatures that resembled Enakai’s image, akin to the Lava King’s creatures, emerged in front of SpongeBob, prompting for the sea sponge to conjure whirlwind magic to ward them off every few times they showed up to guard the domain. After what felt like hours having passed to him, SpongeBob would find Koamalu, who was curled up and sitting around idly half-asleep.

“I found you, Koamalu, and you’re unharmed! Do you have any idea how much of a relief it was for me to find you?”

“But what if Enakai found you already?” Koamalu questioned.

“No, I thought you went looking for him.” SpongeBob replied.

“Of course I did, I was just resting.” Koamalu replied.

“I’m still sorry about Patrick. I rushed over to you here because I had a squabble with him, and I ended up using the powers lend to me without control, so…I guess we’re even. We’re both fugitives for the time being, huh?”

Though Koamalu was too tired to be conversing with SpongeBob, talking to him had made him feel better about himself.

“I know this is a weird question to ask, but since we’ve known each other for a while, I’ve been wondering if you have any family, if you remember having any family.”

“I don’t think so. I would’ve called Enakai family if I still didn’t know much of him, but now that I am learning more about him, I’m trying to not to think about it. He’s keeping some things from me, I can tell. ”

“That’s a shame. Maybe you’ll remember sooner than later.”

Both Koamalu and SpongeBob began to sleep within in their little cubicle. Koamalu remember the voice’s warnings about the rules of Enakai’s dimension as he hasn’t been able to see himself return to his realm of dreams while keeping his eyes shut. He couldn’t forget his very previous meeting with the said voice, from when he napped during his shift, although it was very brief.

“You do have family, Koamalu, though you were taken from it. I could tell you more, but I don’t think you’d be able to handle the truth hidden about yourself just yet. From what I can tell you, the Lava King and Enakai are connected to you because they both wanted to raise you in their own way and of course, Enakai was able to take custody of you. While the Lava King is an entity from the past and Enakai from the future, you could say that I’m in-between those lanes. I am a Totem God just like you, whereas I categorize myself as a dream weaver. I’ve talked with you before, but it seems that Enakai had wiped out most of it and I was blocked off from accessing your dreamscape until the worlds collided. Before you return to the real world, I needed to let you know that I would’ve taken you in as my family and raised you with love and care if neither Enakai nor the Lava King interfered…”

Back outside the cave entrance, the island was close to going dusk. Patrick was still beside the cave waiting for SpongeBob to come back, and he stood there until he was confronted by the Lava King.

“I couldn’t help but notice that you may be…missing someone who is important to you,” the Lava King spoke.

“How do you know?” Patrick questioned.

“Just a guess,” the Lava King replied, although lying. “Say, I could be turning you into a statue right now, but I figured I could spare you if you agree to do one…very easy job for me.”

“What kind of job are you talking about?”

“Bring me Koamalu and only Koamalu. I’ll be willing to return the favor by bringing your sponge friend back from Enakai’s dimension as well.”

Patrick wasn’t smart enough to understand anything that the Lava King was saying, but he agreed to the offer without much hesitation.

• Like 1

7. Huina (Crossroads)

To Koamalu’s own surprise, he was back in the dreamscape with the familiar voice yet unfamiliar being. While most of the blurs still haven’t faded out, Koamalu was beginning to make out an image of the individual beside him.

“Hello again, I have something more to share with you,” the voice spoke.

“But why am I back here...when Enakai’s dimension is supposed to interfere with it?” Koamalu asked.

“It seems that you have stepped out of the dimension,” the voice responded. “I don’t see any other reason than that.”

“Well, if I’m back outside of that cave, then I need to wake up right now and regroup with SpongeBob before the Lava King notices me and I’m made into a statue!” Koamalu said in a panicked tone.

“Can you at least talk with me like you’re not made of stone? Unless you’re awakened or an interloper enters into our connection, nothing is stopping us from communicating.”

Listening to the advice from the voice, Koamalu keeps his composure before hearing what she needed to say.

“I can’t survey what happens in the conscious world while in the world of dreams, so I can’t tell you where you are or how you are, but I can at least tell you that our connection would be lost if your life gave out.”

“So, even though I’m not in Enakai’s dimension right now…I’m not dead?” As the body was still blurred to Koamalu when he asked the question, the voice answered him with a reassuring tone in its voice. “Is this all you needed to tell me?”

“No. You may not believe me now, but Enakai truly is not your real family as he’s taken you under his care for his own personal needs. He’s secluded you in his own material world where our powers couldn’t intersect because of a foretelling about you in which he believed that the multiverse would plunge into chaos because of your curiosity.”

“What does that mean?”

“If you haven’t noticed yet Koamalu, this journey of self-discovery that you’ve been paving and as well as your own personality have both been defined by your strong sense of curiosity. It’s because of a vision of the future that Enakai saw that discouraged your curious mind.”

“But what if the dreadful future that he saw is happening right now? His world, the Lava King’s world, SpongeBob’s world – all of them have merged because I was brought to the very world that…Enakai himself transported me to. Oh, none of this is making sense!”

“Who knows? Enakai could be wrong. You’d never know until you face him head-on.”

“What about my family, then? I still need to know whether or not I did have one.”

“That’s why I’ve been telling you to ask Enakai these questions since he very much knows, and you’re better off knowing about the truth he’s been hiding from him, and not from me, since I don’t want to take any responsibility for how you may feel.”

“If what you’re saying is that the truth will hurt more than I could ever think it could, then I should thank you for warning me. Whatever it may be, I think I can handle what Enakai will say, even if I had trusted him for so long.”

“Life is not without crossroads, Koamalu. The decisions you make will always be yours and yours alone. If you worry about the future, you’re falling into Enakai’s own trap.”

“Yeah, I guess I understand that. I need to wake back up, go back to Enakai’s dimension, and return to SpongeBob before he gets himself into serious trouble. He must be looking all over the cave right now for me and doesn’t realize that I somehow left. Although, there’s one more thing I need to ask you – your name, and what kind of person you are.”

“If you wish to know, despite that the lives of you and your friend may be in grave danger, I’ll be blunt. I am-“

Just like that, Koamalu was cut off from his connection once again as he was awakened. What he saw in front of him, when looking around, was the star-coated sky with the still-growing blackhole in the center, some more Bikini Bottom citizens turned to statues, Bikini Bottom citizens with torches, with Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Larry being amongst the crowd, and then of course there was Patrick. He looked neither angry nor satisfied, but he had the expression that told him that he’s been waiting for him to get up…and that he somehow was involved in dragging him out of Enakai’s cave. Koamalu could also make the assumption that a day had passed during the merged worlds from when he was in Enakai’s dimension.

“Oh good, you’re awake now,” Patrick spoke.

“What’s going on?” Koamalu asked with bewilderment. “How did I even get back here?”

“We’ve tried to trust ye, but we have no choice but to use you as a sacrifice for the Lava King,” Mr. Krabs explained.

“It was my idea!” Patrick added.

Koamalu, who was lying down on the sand, pulled his body upwards and picked himself up. He was trying to shuffle away while the Bikini Bottomites citizens crowded closer to him.

“Ever since you and SpongeBob have gone away, I’ve been piled up with extra work around the kitchen!” Mr. Krabs said. “You’ve brought us bad luck since you stepped foot on our world!”

“I’m sorry dude, and I know that we’ve sparked a little bit of a friendship,” Larry was saying, “but it’s for your own good. We’ve collectively decided on this.”

“I didn’t agree to this,” Sandy chimed in. “This critter is still a valuable asset to fixing Bikini Bottom back to the way it was, so I would’ve done things rationally…and scientifically, even if he’s part of the reason why I was forced to cease my research .”

“How did you even find me and drag me out of such a dangerous place?” Koamalu asked directly towards Patrick, “and why didn’t you take SpongeBob? If you were there, you’d know that I was with him the whole time!”

“Dangerous? I saw no danger,” Patrick responded. “Besides, the Lava King only told me to bring you to him. He promised me he would also bring me back SpongeBob right here once I did.”

“That is right, he’s brought me what I’ve asked,” the Lava King uttered as he slid straight towards Koamalu, prompting for the island inhabitants to step back from his direction. He turned to Patrick and then said, “As for the pink starfish, I could reward you, but I’m afraid that I’ve…changed my mind. This is still the territory that I have claimed for myself, so I still make the rules here.”

“What?” Patrick said in an astonished tone. “That’s not fair!”

“I knew I was right to ask someone as dumb as you for this request,” Lava King jeered. “You were so disobedient with me before, but I’m surprised I managed to talk you into bringing me this scrawny fellow who’s supposed to suppress what I’ve worked to build. While I’ll deal with the sponge later, I might as well put him to the rest right now and make him into another one of my statues, since he has been rejecting me from the first day that I’ve conquered.”

The Lava King then shot magma from his otherwise molten arms. Koamalu countered the attack by using his powers to conjure a metal shield large enough to repel it.

“Oh, so you have been learning,” the Lava King remarked towards Koamalu.

While he still had the chance, he retreated back inside Enakai’s cavern and therefore avoiding the Lava King’s punishment. Before he knew Koamalu had escaped, the Lava King tried to stop him by releasing more spurts of magma. The internal anger that he felt from losing his target made him flare up and release more molten lava from his body until he tried to calm himself down.

“So, is there anyone else who’d like to be another one of my statues, or are you all now convinced in pledging your loyalty to me?” the Lava King demanded, but all the island inhabitants who’ve watched the frenzy were motionless and gave no response. “Is nobody going to answer? Fine, if that’s how it’s going to be, then you’ll all receive your punishment tomorrow since the dragon has burned me out. You can either show your loyalty to me before then, or you can send your last prayers.”

The Lava King made his usual exit by sinking into the floor and giving the unaffected island inhabitants hot feet before he dissolved completely. A day has passed and more of the Bikini Bottomites who defied the Lava King have met their fate by being turned to stone. Patrick, Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Larry, saw themselves congregated together, having accepted their imminent outcomes.

“You know Patrick, I’ve always thought that you were stupid, but this is your dang fault,” Sandy spoke. “Because of your selfishness, things have escalated further.”

“Well, SpongeBob couldn’t spare any time to hang out with me because he’s always with that guy…whatever his name is!” Patrick responded. “I knew I should’ve gone in that cave for SpongeBob instead.”

“Is this what this is all about?” Sandy asked. “You were around when Neptune and Amphitrite showed up to entrust SpongeBob and the little critter into using their powers to try and restore Bikini Bottom, so it’s not his fault that SpongeBob got hog-tied into this.”

“Why should I understand what SpongeBob sees in that guy whose name my head can’t even pronounce?” Patrick argued. “He just came here out of nowhere and messed things up!”

“Let’s not hold this all against the little guy,” Larry chimed in. “If Sally Acorn’s invention hadn’t brought the Lava King and that other eel dude into our world, we wouldn’t be in this terrible situation.”

“Oh, so now y’all are blaming this on me?” Sandy shot back. “I never suspected that my invention would cause any of this, but I still took responsibility into my own two tinkering hands. That’s why I’ve been trying to fix this mess myself! Also, I don’t know how many more times I have to remind y’all about this, my name is Sandy Cheeks!”

“You’ve been spending time all your time alone doing all this confusing science stuff, so what do you know about what I’ve had to go through?” Patrick continued towards Sandy.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sandy asked. “Did y’all think that I had nothing better to do than hang around with you…Preston?”

“Who’s Preston? At least I know my own name!”

As Sandy, Patrick, and Larry continued to bicker, Mr. Krabs exclaimed, “Silence! All this fighting is getting us nowhere!”

“Well, what can we do now?” Sandy responded. “You’re the one that forced me to stop doing my work!”

“Yes, and that’s why I think you should all pin this down on me,” Mr. Krabs continued. “I got roped into doing contract work with the Lava King so I wouldn’t end up a statue like Squidward, and I had to keep that as me own little, burdened secret up until now. It’s also because I tried to maintain me trust with him that I became his enforcer. I’m really the most selfish person here.”

“That explains everything,” Sandy replied, “so why don’t we all agree that this Lava King ruined everything for us?”

“What about SpongeBob replacing me as his best friend?” Patrick argued.

“What about your invention?” Larry argued.

“What about me?” Mr. Krabs argued.

At that moment, the row of heads of the Mirage Tiki People emitted a white glow to indicate their sentience.

“No, one of you said it right before,” one of the voices of the Tikis spoke. “It is unwise to deflect blame on someone else and to put every ounce of pity on yourself. It does appear that you’ve all made some mistakes since the dimensions merged and it’s best to admit to those mistakes, what they may be.”

“What did I do?” Larry asked. “I’ve been supporting SpongeBob and the other guy for their quest and didn’t do anything wrong the past several days.”

“That sounds exactly like the tone someone would have when they did something they regretted,” Sandy remarked.

“Okay, so I admit that maybe I’ve been trying to make myself seem cooler when SpongeBob and that sea dragon got lent powers by Neptune and Amphitrite to be in-charge of such an important job,” Larry confessed, “so I’ve tried to put myself in this position where I could be able to be viewed just as rewarding, since I was being nice enough to help the two of them out. I was also trying to impress you, Sadie- I mean Sandy, because it’s been a long time since we’ve done anything together and I thought that you stopped caring about me when I realized how much more focused you were on doing all this science stuff.”

“Sandy Cheeks,” another voice from the Tikis spoke, “is there something you have to say?”

“I have to admit, I’ve been so darn worked up, that I’ve been secluding myself from everyone, including SpongeBob,” Sandy confessed. “I know I’ve been spending most of my time in Bikini Bottom doing all kinds of sports, but that was when I wasn’t so worried about having to make a successful invention each year. Science has always been another passion of mine, and I thought that people would appreciate and remember me more if I shared my brilliant inventions with them, but now I realize that because I’ve been spending so much time by myself, it feels like even everyone’s forgotten my name. When the worlds collided, I gave myself the golden opportunity to try and be this savior that Bikini Bottom needed in these hardships, so I pushed myself into inventing a solution. I didn’t believe in hope or faith while I have tried to prove that science could work such a miracle. I didn’t want to have to put all my trust in SpongeBob and that critter from another world, but now I have no other choice than to trust them.”

“I might as well be the next to confess,” said Mr. Krabs. “I’ve been caring more about keeping meself alive than helping everyone else when I made that deal with the Lava King. I may have been able to admit that I was wrong for that all I did while I was still trying to keep me secret, but the hardest thing for me to admit is that I’ve acted like a real tightwad before towards SpongeBob and Squidward. They are me employees after all, and as a boss, I have to treat them like so, and I’ve used me experience from managing the Krusty Krab to earn the Lava King’s trust, and I failed to help others in the process. SpongeBob is the most selfless soul in Bikini Bottom, so I guess it is no wonder our highnesses trusted him with their powers, so I owe that yellow feller a lot. We should all just admit we were all selfish in our own ways and wait until the Lava King gives us our punishment. All we can do now is hope for the best from SpongeBob and his other shipmate.”

Patrick was still reluctant to speak of his wrongs.

“Patrick, would you now be willing to confess to your own mistakes?” One of the voices of the Mirage Tiki People uttered.

“No way, that guy who’s been following SpongeBob around is the one who should be apologizing,” Patrick contended.

“We’re not asking for you to understand, but you should at least listen when we tell you that Koamalu has been taking responsibility for the crisis,” one of the Tikis said. “It so also happens that Koamalu is one of SpongeBob’s biggest priorities right now. If Koamalu was to suddenly have his life taken away, how do you think your friend SpongeBob would feel, and how would that make you feel?”

For once during his time on the merged world, based on the question provided to him, Patrick thought hard.

“So, what you’re saying is…I was being a bad friend to SpongeBob?” Patrick questioned. “I guess I’ll admit that I was so mean to him and to um…um…Koala Lou? It’s just…I never thought that I should’ve listened to SpongeBob because I’ve always been used to him listening to everything that I say. You know what, whoever that voice is in my head, you’re right, I should go and apologize to SpongeBob and Cocoa Malleus right now!”

In act of confidence, Patrick went through the entrance to Enakai’s dimension, leaving the other three alone.

“Patrick!” Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Larry called out.

“He’s a goner,” Mr. Krabs remarked.

“So are we, though,” Larry added. “Koamalu…so that’s his name, huh? I’ll remember that for when he and SpongeBob restore Bikini Bottom.”

“Just like you’ll remember my name next time,” Sandy quipped towards the lobster.

Larry chuckled and replied, “I won’t forget about you, Sandy.”

“You’re right though, I’m putting a lot of my faith in SpongeBob and Koamalu,” Sandy replied.

“I hope SpongeBob and that Koamalu kid can put up a good fight against that no-good Lava King,” Mr. Krabs remarked.

Back inside Enakai’s dimension, Koamalu was looking all around the labyrinth for SpongeBob and vice versa. They used their respective powers to ward off the creatures lurking in the caverns until the duo were eventually together again after bumping into one another.

“SpongeBob, are you okay?” Koamalu asked.

“Of course I am!” SpongeBob responded in his most reassuring tone. “Where have you been? The one moment I take my eyes off you, you just disappeared!”

Koamalu, not wanting to bring up Patrick to him, replied to the sea sponge while scratching the back of his head, “I think I just came back outside while…sleepwalking, but I have some important news to share with you.”

“What’s that?”

“It’s not good news though. More people on the island are turning into statues, the blackhole in the sky is growing more in size, and…I just escaped from the Lava King when he was about to make me into another one of his stone statues.”

“Is that all?”

“I’ve also been learning more about Enakai, and how he’s been controlling my life because of some vision of the future that he saw, in which it involved me, and I’m going to get to the bottom of things right now! If I could defend myself from the Lava King, then I’m sure I’ll be okay talking to Enakai.”

Suddenly, the structure of the cave shifted all around SpongeBob and Koamalu, preceded by a strong magnitude. The tremor warped the two immense power-bearers right in front of the unagi himself. Koamalu faced Enakai with a sense of pride and courage. Having seen the unagi up close for the first time, SpongeBob was too intimidated to move as close as his sea dragon friend already had.

“I sensed your presence for a while, Koamalu,” Enakai spoke. “Before I could start answering these burning questions you have, I insist you reiterate to me what you’ve been told about our bond.”

8. Ikaika (Strength)

Enakai’s stern words left Koamalu to think about how to speak with him without hinting at who in which has been giving him all the information about the unagi that he had forgotten about. However, since Koamalu still couldn’t make out the name and appearance of the individual who had been speaking to him through his dreams, he figured that he could still at least come off to Enakai as scatterbrained in certain matters so he might not be able to pick up all the pieces in an instant. Koamalu also focused his mind on the solemn advice that the unknown voice from the dreamscape had given him that the truth that Enakai gives him would be hard for him to handle. At this very point, all that SpongeBob could do is watch and listen.

Eventually, Koamalu mustered up the courage to speak to Enakai, “I’ve been having these feelings lately...like you’ve been hiding some things about me – about my past, about where I came from, and about my connection to you.”

“Who told you these things?” Enakai demanded. “And what were you told?”

“I don’t know who, but what I do know is that you’re not very trustworthy,” Koamalu continued, whilst the previous declaration made Enakai’s blood boil. “I’ve been told that you and the Lava King are two beings from different times with different ideals, but with the same motive of raising me. I’ve also been told that you’re not really my guardian, and that you have your reasons for trapping me in your own world until you sent me out of it because of something to do with the future and my curiosity. What I’m trying to say is I don’t understand what’s going on, and that I wouldn’t know until I faced you, Enakai. So now that I know that you’re involved with this whole farce with the worlds colliding and falling apart, I have the right to know what you wanted with me.”

“So, I suppose this entity that you’ve met is a Totem God who communicates through dreams. Am I right?” Enakai inquired. “I suppose letting you out was going to lead to some disadvantages on my end.”

“I can’t tell you,” Koamalu responded in a solemn tone.

“Well, then you don’t have to tell me anything, because the omens can’t tell a lie nor can it hide anything. However, I don’t have any excuse to hide my real intentions. You’ve gotten this far in this journey of yours without being dead, so I’ll tell you everything.”

Koamalu waited with his eyes directly staring at the supernatural beast, standing still in front of him until he began telling his story, orbiting around the sea dragon and his own dome in a menacing demeanor as he did.

“120 years ago in our respective times and places, the Lava King and I saw a vision of the future, stating that a multi-dimensional phenomenon would occur in, of course, 120 years in all existing universes. This phenomenon is described to spread an infinite amount of power, that had been fostered for the past 3,000 years, all across the multiverse that could lead up to the end of all life if it’s kept unstable. Another phenomenon would have to occur for this to take place, with a meteor striking in one dimension after those 3,000 years since the last incidence. Now that I’ve witnessed half of that foretelling coming true, it’s only a matter of time before the other half of this riddle comes together as well. To keep track of all this time, I sought to keep a specimen for that reason. I needed a creature that could physically age every 10 years, and that’s when I came down to relying on you, Koamalu…”

However, Enakai noticed that Koamalu had fallen asleep during the midst of his anecdote, prompting for the unagi to phase part of his body into the sea dragon’s to enter his mind and snap him back into a state of wakefulness.

“What’s this, you weren’t even listening? Keep your eyes and ears open because this next thing concerns you!” As he was told, Koamalu focused his attention towards the unagi. “There were two sea dragons from the same universe that were expected to hatch at the same time, from the same nest. I had no other choice than to take one for myself, but that’s when I encountered the Lava King, who had the same idea yet different motive. While I wanted to see how the future would unfold, the Lava King wanted the foreseen power all for himself. Although his domain was from the past, a scholar stumbled into his world, and that was when he learned about the science behind dimensional travel. He took the egg that I intended to take. Of course, he didn’t think that through as I took the egg that he intended to take and erased his memory of his cross-dimensional knowledge to spite him. There was one big obstacle that I had to face when it came to claiming you, so I also had no other choice than to kill the parents – yours for that matter. The father possessed little supernatural abilities, but the mother had powers that I learned were that of a Totem God.”

“So what you’re telling me is that you had me separated before I was born, while you had also killed my real family, all just to raise me over some vision of the future you saw?” Koamalu questioned, as he now appeared feeling vexed and betrayed by the unagi. Raising his voice now, he then said to Enakai, “Just…just what is your goal anyway!?”

“As you can tell, I had to conceal the truth for it was going to be difficult for you to handle as you got older, which was why I established the façade that I was your guardian all this time,” Enakai continued. “While I’m in no position of defending my own actions as just, what you should know is that my intentions have more to do than with just ‘some vision.’ Another reason why I’ve sought your family is because I needed a creature that possessed vast strength, and even though one major part of my plan was ruined by the Lava King, it turns out that I was the lucky one. When I encountered the Lava King again after several years, I was told that he lost the pawn he took from me several years ago, and I was smart enough to keep you for as long as I did, as you were born with supernatural powers.”

“Oh yeah, well guardian or not, you’re a monster, no matter what you say about yourself!” SpongeBob chimed in before the unagi intimidated him into silence in an instant when he slithered right towards him.

“You must be the one who’s been guiding Koamalu up to this point in using his power. I can tell by the fear in your eyes that you’re not capable of using it yourself against me.” Enakai remarked.

“SpongeBob has nothing to do with you,” Koamalu shot back. “You can’t pick a fight with him like that.”

“I’m afraid I can. I am a being whose powers bend time and space,” Enakai continued, “but enough of this futile arguing. I haven’t gotten into explaining the main reason why I’ve caused these dimensions to combine and slowly crumble into nothingness. Yes, I admit to setting it up, and I’ve done it to force you to show me how much power you can use in such a catastrophic event like the one that was foretold, and to teach you the repercussions of curiosity. Of course, when I realized that you were born with powers of the Totem Gods and could communicate with them, I had to cut off your connection to them somehow, so I created a pocket dimension identical to your original one that embargoed their cross-dimensional interference.”

“So you did betray and pawn me all this time, and for what, to teach me some lesson about how curiosity could destroy the world and to test my strength?” Koamalu said in a solemn, distraught tone. “Does that mean you also set up for all these merged worlds to be destroyed and for me to be killed by the Lava King?”

“I still needed you alive. I caused the cross-dimensional rift so that I could prevent the Lava King from harming you or taking advantage of your powers,” Enakai clarified. “I may have shown curiosity myself with all that I’ve said about the vision I’ve had of the multiverse facing mass extinction of all life, but with precision, that turns into knowledge and wisdom that can be relied on to stop total destruction. I’ve seen your curiosity as a threat, as reopening your connection to the Totem Gods would allow you to know too much about the multiverse’s mysteries yet while knowing little about maintaining its natural order, let alone would it all let slip the heavy baggage that I’ve carried for all these years…although, since now that I’ve already admitted the cruel intentions that I’ve committed just to have you in my possession, it’s too late for me to justify them and keep you convinced that I don’t mean to harm you…because that ends now. So tell me Koamalu, now that you know all this, what are you going to do with me? I ask you this because I’ve now made up my mind that I will have to kill you to fulfill my goal.”

Koamalu was trying to maintain self-control of his Totem God powers as Enakai’s talk left him feeling paralyzed, his body shaking as he exhibited a flurry of emotions while he continued to stare at the unagi – betrayal, anger, bewilderment, terror, sadness, and vengeance.

“Did that vision of yours say that one of us is destined to kill each other at this very moment?” Koamalu asked. “I’m not above killing anybody, but if I have to at least fend you off, then that’s just what I’ll have to do.”

“Show me how much you’ve grown with your powers, then. You may not realize this, but your time is running out soon enough…”

As Enakai spoke of this, Koamalu knelt down as the shooting pain from the blue scales on his back returned and caused him great pain.

“If your friend is courageous enough to face me, then I’ll oblige to have him join you in your imminent defeat.”

As SpongeBob was about to step in beside the sea dragon, Koamalu motioned for him to hold himself back.

“No…this is my fight, so I think it’ll just be the two of us,” Koamalu declared.

“Koamalu, it’s my responsibility to keep you safe and-” SpongeBob whispered.

“Don’t worry about me,” Koamalu said and turned back to face Enakai. “If you really have the heart to kill me for your own gain, then I accept to fight you,” Koamalu said, “and you’ll never take control of my life again once you concede defeat.”

“Very well…” Enakai responded. “I should warn you though that I have powers that would exceed your level. Pushing the limit of your powers has been taking a toll on your life force, but I would still like to see try and outmatch me. Kill me, spare me, the choice is yours.”

Koamalu got himself in a fighting position, anticipating for the worst from Enakai, like his opponent had forewarned. Though he was all alone, Koamalu showed a confident demeanor against a creature that stood taller and bolder than he could. Koamalu started by conjuring fire balls as simple bait to see what he was up against. Enakai repelled the attacks by using his neck to fend them off. Afterwards, the unagi started making his first move against Koamalu without moving his body, by presenting his telekinetic abilities. The rubble inside the cave floated and flung in Koamalu’s direction. Koamalu reacted by conjuring gusts of wind to slash the pieces of gravel and stone and deflect them towards Enakai, who had no issue avoiding the counterattack. Koamalu kept on using his Totem God powers to emit long-range attacks, including with his next move in shooting water arrows, all of which Enakai also no took no issue in evading. After the unagi zig-zagged around the area, he then used his telekinetic powers energized within his tail to send Koamalu crashing through the walls.

Once as Koamalu got back up to resume the fight, he then used his powers to make the ground beneath Enakai to fissure and potentially crumble with him caught in it, but this chance was voided once as the sea dragon got a real look at the extent of the unagi’s supernatural powers. Without warning, the movement of time all around Koamalu stopped while time functioned like normal for Enakai. The sea dragon’s frozen stare broke off after he took another damaging blow. In an instant, Koamalu then summoned clouds to cushion the impact from the hit. Koamalu would then summon jetstreams by his feet and dashed towards Enakai to use the rest of his energy to conjure up a sunbeam that managed to land a hit on his sole opponent. Koamalu dodged away from another slam of the tail after the jetstreams faded. While Koamalu prepped up another attack, he felt as time would stop once again. In the flash of regaining his senses, the sea dragon saw as he was suspended in the air before Enakai’s telekinesis sent him flying downward.

Being barred from the one-on-one clash between two supernatural beings, all that SpongeBob could do was watch his companion Koamalu fight and silently root for him. Koamalu was overwhelmed once more by Enakai’s time-stopping power, but he’s more alert towards defending himself in the event of taking in severe damage from the unagi by either conjuring a shield or a pile of clouds. Taking notice of Enakai’s power source allowed for the sea dragon to mull over a strategy. Koamalu then conjured up wind all around himself to be brought to a good enough distance towards Enakai to flatten on top of his slender body before then emitting a fire and ice fusion discharge to effectively produce a blast of steam and land a hit on the unagi before he could stop time. The steam obscured Koamalu enough to give him more reaction time to defend from Enakai’s impending slam attack, while also preventing him from being able to focus his next party of the strategy on aiming for the tail due to the unagi’s guard recovery.  The sea dragon then decided to employ the same strategy, but Enakai’s reaction time became quicker enough to prevent him from landing the attack as he would conjure a portal to let his head go through and create another within trajectory of slamming into Koamalu, and knocking him from off atop of his body in the process.

Koamalu continued to stand vigorous against Enakai while the latter still held the higher ground. Enakai used his telekinetic abilities on the rubble surrounding him once again to aim at Koamalu, who countered them by emitting water balls that the unagi would then uses his powers to deflect them against the sea dragon, prompting for Koamalu to repel by emitting fire balls. In Koamalu’s next attempt to hit Enakai’s power source and his supposed weak spot, he employed a diversion tactic. He started by directly firing a blast of steam at Enakai, before then conjuring smoke bombs with every few steps he made across the arena walls. At this point, Enakai used his portal conjuring powers to transfer his body through multiple directions aimed straight at Koamalu. The sea dragon knew he wasn’t as agile as Enakai was to slide and crash right through every which way he went, but he continued to rely on his current strategy and became alert enough to emit his defensive magic. As the portal dashing pattern continued, Koamalu waited for the moment where he could snag at Enakai’s tail fast before the unagi could strike at him once more. At that right moment, Koamalu got a hold on the tail by conjuring an octopus arm and pulled on it until Enakai used his portal powers to pass and then cut straight through the spell, recover control of his tail and then telekinetically suspend Koamalu in the air before stopping time. The sea dragon hanged motionless and forced to stare at Enakai as he had something intimidating to say to him.

“Try all you can to best me, but the chances of that are slim. I can play dirtier than you’d think.”

Before Koamalu could plan out his next move to make on the unagi, he saw as Enakai summon multiple apparitions of himself in different colors. Once the sea dragon was unstiffened from Enakai’s time powers, he saw as he took multiple hits from the way Enakai and his copies swiftly dashed through him. Koamalu gave himself more time than before to regain his composure while Enakai’s pace in scraping at the sea dragon had picked up. This became more apparent with Enakai reusing his portal path summoning and transmission powers, which at that point, Koamalu could only endure with the defense magic he had in his mind. While Enakai’s main method of attacking was with long-range physical damaging, the next course of action for Koamalu was to conjure a tall tidal wave to engulf the arena and suppress Enakai’s concentration with enough time to catch his tail before the time-stopping power would activate. With the rest of the power he could use with the previous spell activation, Koamalu drilled his way through the water wall and back atop the back of the beast. In his next attempt to nullify Enakai’s powers, Koamalu emitted an iron shackle aiming for the same weak spot. Enakai, being quick enough to react, emitted a portal for his to go through and stun Koamalu before crashing through the sea dragon head-on.

After Koamalu stood back up and summoned his defenses, Enakai became quick to break them off with his physical strength. The unagi’s agility was beginning to be too much for Koamalu to bear as he returned to enduring Enakai’s combination of time immobilization and the multiple dashing blows. While the sea dragon continued to be overwhelmed by Enakai’s power, Koamalu looked over one more chance in conquering the beast and thought about the unagi’s current focus on him rather than his surroundings. Before Koamalu could carry out his next course of action, Enakai resorting to reusing his telekinetic powers, which were shown to be faster and more brutal on him when he felt as his body, was being flung around whilst being unable to conjure up clouds or shields to endure the damage he was taking. For the rest of the way, Koamalu’s attempts in trying to stop Enakai would be ceded by each and every next assault from the unagi until the pain in Koamalu’s pain returned and broke his composure. The sea dragon then found himself getting caught and wrapped by Enakai’s body, followed by a constricting sensation from the unagi’s telekinetic powers controlling his nerves, leaving Koamalu’s partner, SpongeBob, to cry out to the unagi to stop and spare the dragon’s life.

“You can’t underestimate the Dimension Master,” Enakai tormented. “You know how I’ve killed your mother, Koamalu? This is the same way that I’m going to get rid of you! Even, of course, if it pains me to do this to a creature that I’ve spent 120 years under my own protection.”

Koamalu was prepared to accept his fate as he struggled against Enakai’s restraint on him until the appendages on his back pulsed and made the patterns on the rest of his body glow and discharge a mysterious force that made the unagi let go. This gave the sea dragon the grand opportunity use his powers to slash across the walls of the cove from left, right, top, and then to the bottom, making them crumble in the process before Enakai’s time manipulation could prevent him from doing so. Once as time froze once again, Enakai looked around to see the predicament that Koamalu had produced right in front of him before it occurs. This time, Koamalu is able to speak and move around, catching plenty of frantic breaths as he waited for the unagi to talk.

“So, this is how you overwhelm me?” Enakai questioned, “By pulling a quitter move on me and shattering the dimension from the inside out.”

“My body reacted to being near death somehow, and in the heat of the moment, I had to come up with something,” Koamalu groaned. “You’ve tired me out, but I’m going to keep surviving until you’re down.”

“You’ll just have to wait and in a moment if you can manage that,” Enakai replied.

Before Enakai could stabilize the time effects, Koamalu uttered to him, “Wait! If I were to fix the dimensions, how would I be able to do that?”

After a moment of silence, Enakai responded to the sea dragon, “All I can tell you is…you’re on your own, kid.”

Time returned to normal. An avalanche of rubble was coming down all around the cavern, persuading Koamalu, SpongeBob, and Patrick, the latter who had also been watching from the sidelines, to run for safety. Before Koamalu could catch up to SpongeBob, he felt and saw as Enakai’s tail caught his left leg. In a rush, Koamalu used his Totem God powers to cut it off, but not before hearing a memento from the respective unagi…

“My future may be lost, but the Lava King is waiting for you on the other side,” Enakai spoke. “Fail to conquer him and I guarantee that you will have no future…”

Afterwards, Enakai was completely obscured by the rubble. The dimension began to distort and fade by the time Koamalu caught up with SpongeBob until he and the group were zapped back outside in Tiki Land. This would be the last time that Koamalu would see Enakai upon returning from the now-demolished pocket dimension. In an instant, and from the exhaustion of the battle, Koamalu fell asleep and returned to the dreamscape. The mysterious entity was in front of him and the blur that embodied them was now starting to become clearer to the sea dragon.

“I’ve noticed that Enakai is gone,” the voice spoke. “This may be the last time that we’ll ever talk, so I should reveal myself now, though it would shock you to know who I am…”

“Who are you and why have you been giving me guidance?” Koamalu asked.

“Take a closer look…” The voice responded and soon enough, Koamalu saw a clear image of the person in front of him, awaiting the complete answer that she had for him, “I’m your mother, Koamalu.”

• Like 1

9. 'Imi a loa'a (Discover)

“Take a closer look…” The voice responded and soon enough, Koamalu saw a clear image of the person in front of him, awaiting the complete answer that she had for him, “I’m your mother, Koamalu.”

The reveal left Koamalu feeling stunned, but he couldn’t distrust the one spiritual being who’s been giving him guidance ever since he ended up outside of Enakai’s dimension. In fact, by knowing that she appeared be the same creature as Koamalu and has the same color palette and Totem God markings on her scales as he did made the sea dragon feel convinced that she could be his mother.

“It may be hard to believe, but I want you to know that I’m speaking the truth,” the other, old sea dragon spoke. “My name is Moe’uhane, and I am your mother. Ever since you were born, I’ve tried to warn you about Enakai. You were very young back then, but when the time came that you would be old enough to understand that he has been exploiting you, he cut off your connection to the dream world by entrapping you in an identical and desolate dimension.”

“That’s right. Enakai told me everything…” said Koamalu. “He even said that he killed you, so why are you here?”

“Indeed he did kill me in my physical form. This dreamscape is the only place that I could be alive, and because of that, I was unable to take you back from Enakai just like how he took you from me, and my life along with it,” Moe’uhane explained. “It’s because you’re alive that I still have my connection to you and that I can co-exist in this world.”

“Okay, but there’s one thing I still don’t get. What are these Totem God powers of mine for and how do they activate anyway?”

“You’re a dream weaver, Koamalu, just like me. Your powers are fully awakened in the world of dreams or when your markings on your body sense you’re in serious danger.”

“So that’s why I was able to break free from Enakai before he could kill me…”

“Well, Koamalu, now that I’ve told you some the things you needed to know about me being your mother, do you believe me?”

Knowing full well that he never met one of his parents up until this very point, Koamalu didn’t feel completely convinced, but on the contrary, from the way that Moe’uhane spoke to him with such compassion, gentleness, and sincerity in her tone had given Koamalu less of a notion to believe that it’s a deception of some kind. As of way of confirming himself that Moe’uhane is his true guardian, he came over to her for an embrace, and was returned with a one from the entity that he knew that could only come from the love of a mother. After sensing and seeing nothing malevolent after the affection he’s given and received, Koamalu hugged Moe’uhane a second time.

“Mom!” Koamalu sobbed with tears forming in his eyes.

Moe’uhane expressed the same tearful emotions, and then saying to Koamalu, “Oh, if only if your father were still here and he were Totem God like us, we could’ve been able to see ourselves as a complete family just this one time.”

After taking in the moment to feel the spirit of his mother, Koamalu spaced back and prepared to hear what else Moe’uhane had to say for him.

“By the time you re-enter the real world, you’re going to be facing the Lava King,” Moe’uhane informed, making Koamalu feel something anxious inside him before he felt his backside pulsing once more, kneeling and grunting in pain.

“Mom, what’s happening to me?” Koamalu asked.

“Your powers seem to be interfering with your respiratory system,” said Moe’uhane. “Perhaps it’s because your body can’t handle being in the water for so long, but I can’t be so sure when I’ve never been able to raise you properly and since I’ve lost my physical form many years ago.”

“I want the pain to stop,” Koamalu replied.

“So do I, and because you’re still alive in the outside world, you’ll feel pain here as well. One thing you should focus on now is conquering the Lava King.”

“And then what? I still have to restore the universes back to the way they were before the wormhole destroys everything and I don’t know what to do. Enakai chose not to tell me anything. Do you know what I must do?”

“This is what I’ve been worried about explaining to you most. It would have to take a lot of power invested in you to reverse the damage that Enakai and the Lava King caused, and the solution seems to require making some sacrifices. Koamalu, before we depart again, remember what I’ve told you about being a dream weaver and-“

“Koamalu, wake up!”

The sea dragon heard SpongeBob’s voice echoing within the dreamscape. Koamalu gazed at his mother one last time before he awoke in front of his partner and Patrick, where he found himself in front of what appeared to be the crater of a volcano.

“Thank goodness you’re still conscious,” said SpongeBob. “Koamalu, there’s no time left to lose! Everyone else has become stone statues and the Lava King-“

“Yes, be thankful that you’re still alive,” the Lava King said towards Koamalu, prompting for the sea dragon to face the entity that stood right in front of him and SpongeBob. “I don’t like waiting around and I could’ve easily turned you into stone before you could wake up if I could, but I couldn’t pass on the opportunity to make your demise special.”

“Hey SpongeBob!” Patrick called out, “And hey, uhhh….”

“Patrick, what are you doing here?” SpongeBob questioned. “In fact, how did you get here?”

“I followed you and your new friend into the cave because I have something important to say to you,” Patrick responded, “…if I could remember. Oh yeah, I was going to say to you and your friend Kalamazoo that I, uh…apologize for-“

Before Patrick could say any more, the Lava King turned the sea star into stone for Koamalu and SpongeBob to witness.

“I could’ve done this to the nuisance much earlier. He’s been a lazy oaf for too long,” the Lava King tormented.

“And you’ve punished everyone else by turning them into stone,” Koamalu retorted.

“I did so because they chose to defy me,” the Lava King argued, “and I’ll do the same thing to you two once I’m done!”

“You’ll have nothing left to rule over anyway!” Koamalu pointed out. “The dimensional rift is going to keep going unstable until this entire world is destroyed!”

“Oh yeah, but if Enakai wasn’t so stubborn, he would fix it up.”

“No. Because…Enakai is gone...”

“So you’ve killed him, huh?”

“I never intended to, I just reduced his dimension to rubble and-“

“That doesn’t matter anyway, because this makes us the same now. To be blunt, I’ve been the supreme leader of my own domain even after I’ve killed every inhabitant, subjecting myself to loneliness and boredom until luck came my way. So I guess I’ll just have to make my own enjoyment last while I still can.”

“No, we’re not the same and we’ll never be the same, because SpongeBob and I are going to make you regret everything that you did!”

“How are you going to do that? Kill me then, although that automatically makes you both no better than I.”

“If we can’t kill you, we’ll still try to drive you out,” SpongeBob chimed in. “Go back to where you came from and never bother anyone again. You’ve hurt too many people and for that, we’re going to give you what you deserve!”

“Then you’re going to have to defeat me in a real fight,” the Lava King commenced, “fire when ready.”

“We are both ready,” Koamalu said, indicating determination in his disposition.

“Right,” SpongeBob acquiesced.

With no more time to waste, SpongeBob and Koamalu began their ultimate showdown against the Lava King, the latter who in which stood out like a giant compared to them. SpongeBob and Koamalu already knew that regular-sized emanations were feeble against the lava creature, so they started by amplifying their spells, with SpongeBob conjuring giant water balls and Koamalu conjuring torpedoes made out of water, each hitting the Lava King and producing steam but they were easily withstood by him.

“Ha, ha, ha, you’re making this very easy for me,” the Lava King remarked.

The Lava King then proceeded to launch a barrage of fire balls at SpongeBob and Koamalu, who would manage to either dodge or guard against them each time. Koamalu’s next attack against the Lava King involved conjuring a volley of boulders large enough to make a dent on the lava creature, but the Lava King caught and crumbled the rocks with each throw given to him. The Lava King then made his next move by

“Oh man, this guy sure is tough,” said SpongeBob.

“Yes, but we must keep trying,” Koamalu reassured. “He’s got to have a weak spot. I have one idea that we can use.”

Koamalu and SpongeBob resumed taking on the Lava King, with SpongeBob launching his next attack by emitting a large enough whirlpool to slam at the lava giant or to contain him, and it managed to be strong enough to make the opponent feel some scrapes in his formidable magma body. Koamalu thought about the surfing training that he had been given by SpongeBob and Larry, and together with his partner SpongeBob, they produced a large wave and a surfboard each beneath their feet. The Lava King would then spew lava from his body, producing steam across the surrounding surf in the process. SpongeBob and Koamalu used their swift moves to evade the falling drops of lava. Koamalu boosted himself upwards with his board to then emit his next attacks against the Lava King while swerving away from the lava giant’s blasts from his hands. Koamalu’s conjurations ranged from king-sized water arrows to falling ice chunks, and harpoons. Each time, however, Koamalu got a look at how strong the lava giant’s guard was and far-off it was from becoming loose.

SpongeBob’s next attack involved conjuring a pod of dolphins in the shape of water, before then launching the same type of attack albeit in form of different creatures including leopard seals, sharks, and finally, a whale. The Lava King found himself having more difficulty sustaining those attacks but kept his guard. The Lava King would then change his strategy by emitting a thick cloud of smoke around SpongeBob and Koamalu’s line of vision before then shooting bursts of lava towards his targets. This digression caused for SpongeBob and Koamalu to take hits, let alone minor scrape burns to their arms or knees. Koamalu then conjured a strong wind to blow out the smokescreen whilst he and SpongeBob tried to evade the fire blasts through veering on their surfboards.

When the Lava King emitted another barrier of smoke, Koamalu and SpongeBob sprayed blasts of water to condense them and as well as to counter the lava blasts, producing steam in the process. SpongeBob produced a stream within the tide to flow into the Lava King while Koamalu conjured more boulders to spurt at and subdue the lava giant, with some being evaded and some managing to make a dent. The Lava King’s next move would be to spit fire across the field, causing for the emitted tide to evaporate, though SpongeBob and Koamalu continued to levitate on the surfboards. The Lava King continues by spouting lava all around. Koamalu’s board takes a hit and dissipates, prompting for SpongeBob to conjure clouds to cease his crash landing. SpongeBob’s next idea for an attack against the Lava King involved conjuring a series of geysers right in front of the adversary. As the geysers managed to deal damage to the Lava King, Koamalu followed suit in emitting them alongside the sea sponge.

The Lava King would then emit a barrier of lava rock to encompass all around himself to negate SpongeBob and Koamalu from conjuring geysers. The Lava King would be unable to attack with the shield raised up, letting SpongeBob and Koamalu carry out their next strategy in attacking him. They re-emitted the tall surf along with their surfboards, using any sort of attack that they could think of to shatter the Lava King’s defense barrier. Koamalu conjured a steel drill that would be big and strong enough to penetrate the shield, and once he was able to reduce it to rubble, the Lava King produced bursts of lava through multiple directions. SpongeBob and Koamalu used their surfing abilities to dodge each of the Lava King’s assails.

That was until the drastic happened and SpongeBob saw as the Lava King struck Koamalu in the backside with one of his blasts. Koamalu yelped in pain and fell off his surfboard. Losing focus on the fight, the surf would deactivate and SpongeBob rushed over to catch Koamalu and check on him, to see a red, throbbing wound superimposed all around his blue appendages. Koamalu fell unconscious as a result of the pain dealt form the lava titan.

“Koamalu, Koamalu, please be alright!” SpongeBob pleaded.

Koamalu returned to the dreamscape and so he saw the spirit of his mother once more, all while leaning down, breathing heavily, and groaning from his pain. He waited as Moe’uhane came over to his side.

“Am I still alive?” Koamalu whimpered. “…Am I going to die? Mom…”

“The Lava King hurt you…” Moe’uhane muttered. “I could give him a piece of my mind if I still had my physical form, but now you’re in-between life and death.”

“What must I do…mother?” Koamalu intoned while still in serious pain.

Koamalu looked around to see one particular presence that wasn’t there in his previous advents in the dreamscape, as he saw an animated image within the vicinity that resembled the physical world and he was able to witness SpongeBob still fighting the Lava King, although struggling due to focusing on keeping his physical body from further harm. Moe’uhane joined in to take a glance at was now transpiring from the outside.

“That friend of yours is putting your life above his own,” Moe’uhane remarked. “What does that mean to you?”

“SpongeBob…has meant a lot to me,” Koamalu groaned. “There’s so much that I’ve learned and that I’ve regained about myself…because of him.”

“As you can see, Koamalu, you’re not the only one who’s in pain right now,” Moe’uhane continued. From what Koamalu could see, her non-physical form was showing signs of diminishing. “If you die, I can no longer co-exist. What happens now is up to you, even if it means we’ll both never see each other again…”

“I can’t allow this entire emotional journey that Enakai made me go through go in vain like he planned…and I’ll never let the Lava King win. I remembered what you told me…about who I am as a Totem God…and how those powers are embodied in dreams. I think I know what I have to do now. I’m going to leave it all up to SpongeBob.”

Moe’uhane knew what Koamalu meant and consented to his ultimate decision. Koamalu breathed in and out to concentrate himself from his burning pain to unleash the remaining energy he possessed. The markings on his body glowed white in the dreamscape, before the same effect would take place in the physical world.

“Why don’t you just give up and concede defeat already?” The Lava King tormented.

SpongeBob felt a sudden burst of energy being transferred inside him. The totem powers charm emitted a similar radiance whilst the markings on Koamalu’s body somehow disappeared as a result of the bestowing process. The Lava King was prepared to launch out a finishing move on both SpongeBob and Koamalu until he noticed the sudden change in SpongeBob’s aura.

“What’s all this?” The Lava King questioned. “I don’t know what’s gotten into you, but I still won’t be outmatched by some weedy invertebrate!”

It was then that SpongeBob, without freewill of his powers, conjured a spectral image of a sea dragon with white glowing eyes that resembled a bigger version of Koamalu, and with the same Totem God markings.

“You’ve hurt my friends and you’ve caused enough pain and suffering to all of Bikini Bottom,” SpongeBob said with sudden vigor in his tone. “Your tyranny ends here.”

“Perhaps I’ve misjudged your abilities,” the Lava King remarked, “but you can’t intimidate me.”

The Lava King’s very last words before finishing the battle would prove to be a facade after being dealt the full powers of a Totem God. The manifested sea dragon whacked and blistered away at the lava titan with ease. Every time that the Lava King tried to overpower the spawn, his attacks would either be resisted or quashed by the intense power of a hundred crashing waves. SpongeBob continued to let the sea dragon rampage against the Lava King until he was reduced to a small blob. The formerly giant lava creature’s strength was diminished so much that all that remained of him had now burned out like a candle light, with his ashes blowing in the wind and leaving nothing of him left in the caldera…except for Koamalu’s deep wound.

The manifestation of the sea dragon ceased afterwards while SpongeBob took plenty of heavy breaths before self-confirming that the horrors of the Lava King were now over and, in an instant, rushed to Koamalu’s side.

“Koamalu!” SpongeBob exclaimed. “Don’t die on me…please.”

• Like 1

10. Pau 'ana (End)

Just like Enakai, the Lava King was no more. However, the unstable wormhole in the sky remained, as did the dimensional rifts made by the two entities, and of course, all of the inhabitants were still made out of stone. SpongeBob found himself alone in the desolate atmosphere of Tiki Land. In the aftermath of the brutal fight against the Lava King, SpongeBob rushed over to Koamalu’s side. Curiously, his markings returned, but SpongeBob couldn’t feel a sign of him regaining consciousness, repeating his name out of a desperate plea for him to return all the while.

Neptune and Amphitrite could return by now, SpongeBob thought, and perhaps they could fix all of the mess that the two instigators have left behind, but there was no one around to answer him. SpongeBob transported himself and Koamalu back to the main island through the powers he had been trusted to use. He left himself to ponder and idle around the area populated by statues of his local folks and the tikis in a state of hopelessness. Together, he and Koamalu defeated their biggest threat, but at what cost? Most of all, what can he really do now that he’s finished the job?

All SpongeBob could do for the time being was wait and look after Koamalu’s motionless body in hopes that he will regain consciousness, someway, somehow.

“It seems as though that Koamalu didn’t pull through in the end,” a voice from one of the Tikis spoke.

“I’m too sad now,” SpongeBob whimpered. “I know there’s something I have to do at this point, but…I just don’t know. Is this how the world will end, with me being the last person standing?”

“You’ve been shared Koamalu’s Totem God powers,” the same voice continued. “Even if you’re only bestowed with them, you still share a connection to him.”

SpongeBob’s tears dried as he formed a conversation with the enchanted tikis. He then asked, “Huh, what are you suggesting?”

“We are Totem Gods of times passed,” another voice from one of the tikis uttered, “and we are all considered as dream weavers. As long as Koamalu hasn’t lost all consciousness, our magic and connection to him still function in this universe.”

“Koamalu won’t wake up no matter how much I try to plead for him to.”

“You should keep trying,” one of the tiki voices suggested. “Focus on Koamalu and then focus on where he could be if his consciousness is removed from the physical world. He left everything to you after he suffered a mortal wound from the Lava King, and so he may be entrusting you to be the one who saves him, and as well as the world.”

SpongeBob returned to Koamalu’s side after taking the advice of the tiki spirits. Looking at the serious wound on Koamalu‘s back, SpongeBob realized the one thing in his body that was giving off a pulse, which were the oddly-shaped appendages. Putting all of his focus on Koamalu, he put a hand on the markings contained in one of the sea dragon’s claws. In an instant, SpongeBob felt a jolt and found himself inside his dreamscape. SpongeBob saw himself in front of Koamalu, whose body continued to lay motionless even in the non-physical world. In front of him was also Moe’uhane, who SpongeBob had just been introduced to.

“Oh hello, are you related to Koamalu in some way?” SpongeBob asked the sea dragon spirit.

“I am his mother, or at least I could’ve been if Enakai hadn’t offed me,” said Moe’uhane.

“I’m SpongeBob, so what’s going on with Koamalu and how can I help?” SpongeBob asked again.

“I may not have much time to explain, but your friend, and as well as my own son, might die soon,” Moe’uhane explained. “Koamalu was born as both a land and sea dragon. As you can see by the scales on his back, he’s able to live underwater when they are pressed down while he’s able to live on land when they are pointed up. Those protrusions are linked to his respiratory system, which had been disrupted by his own powers and later damaged by the adversary that he had just helped you vanquish.”

“So he did help me defeat him…but how could he when he wasn’t conscious?”

“He is a Totem God of dreams, and those powers of his are unlocked to a greater capacity while in a state of dreaming.”

“That’s why he’s gotten so drowsy all the time after a while.”

“You could say that. It was after he was taken outside of Enakai’s dimension that I was able to reconnect with him after the embargo he had created. As long as there’s still a part of Koamalu that’s alive, and as long as you still inherit those same Totem God powers in the charm you bear, there’s still time to save Koamalu and stop the universe from being consumed by the wormhole.”

“So, how can I help him?”

“You and Koamalu must destroy the two dimensions that your own world had been merged with, as the one thing that survives in each one is Koamalu’s connection to them, and to accomplish that, you must awaken his powers to the fullest capacity possible in his being.”

“Can I use these powers to heal his terrible wound?”

“Just do whatever you can to help, time is running out, SpongeBob. I’m unsure if we’ll all be able to see each other again, but do be sure to tell him, if he lives, how proud I’ve felt to see him become much like his father, who he had also never been able to know.”

SpongeBob turned back from Moe’uhane to focus his attention towards the deep scar on Koamalu’s backside. He attempted to his powers to peel back the wound. Koamalu grunted in pain while SpongeBob, with enough force, was able to pull back out the red-tinted abrasion until he saw what appeared to be a manifestation of the Lava King underneath, let alone a more twisted version of him. At the same time SpongeBob continued to pull on the personification of Koamalu’s wound, SpongeBob emitted a stream of cold water to condense it to nothing. After SpongeBob succeeded in diminishing it, SpongeBob had flung himself backwards while the patterns on Koamalu’s body glowed once more. He let out a gasp that sent both of them out of the dreamscape in an instant.

After SpongeBob found himself being zapped back outside, he turned his head to look at Koamalu, who appeared to still be in pain as he struggled to open his eyes. Half-awake now, he turned around to see his companion.

“SpongeBob…?” Koamalu muttered.

“Koamalu!” SpongeBob exclaimed as he held a tight tug on his body. “It’s okay, buddy, it’s okay, you shouldn’t be hurting anymore.”

“No, I’m still in pain…” Koamalu responded. “I feel like I’m drowning…”

“What are you talking about?” SpongeBob asked. “We still have a world to save!”

“I know. It’s just that I need to go back…”

The patterns on Koamalu’s body emitted another surge of light. In the afterglow, Koamalu’s eyes had returned closed.

“No, wait, take me with you, I’ve been told that I need you awaken your powers, whatever that means…” SpongeBob said with desperation in his tone.

Instantaneously, SpongeBob reattempted to bring himself to the dreamscape, but nothing seemed to be working.

“No, you can’t die on us, right now!” SpongeBob cried. “I’ve already gotten you out of death once, you have to stay alive!”

Mere minutes after hearing no further response nor seeing a sign from the Totem God embellished markings or from the protrusions on his back, SpongeBob was given the impression that his companion was now truly gone and that he failed to fulfill his crucial task. SpongeBob was now reduced to tears whilst he continued to embrace Koamalu’s motionless body.

SpongeBob looked up to the hole in the sky and back at Koamalu and all of the citizens of Bikini Bottom in their presumably permanent state of being stone effigies. He then spoke in a despaired tone, “Well, I guess this is the end. Goodbye Koamalu, goodbye Patrick…Squidward…Sandy…Mr. Krabs…Larry, and everyone else. Goodbye world…”

Koamalu’s body began to move, without caution from the sea sponge. SpongeBob saw as Koamalu’s Totem God markings and eyes glowed white, and that he had released himself from the hug. SpongeBob couldn’t believe what he was now seeing, but that was when he then remembered his conversation with the spirit of his mother, Moe’uhane, who had explained to him about his powers being symbolized by dreams. SpongeBob came to the conclusion that Koamalu returned to the dreamscape to awaken his powers, although he still wasn’t sure how it was happening.

Koamalu, while he was in the state of dreaming, moved his physical body towards the idle tikis. After feeling them with one of his claws, he shuffled his right foot in the sand and emitted a powerful vibration that altered the look of the ground beneath,him, and as well as reverting each and every Bikini Bottom citizen to their original selves by crumbling the statues. Koamalu, in his dream-powered state, turned his head to focus on one of the dimensional rifts and, with a wave of one claw, conjured a gale force whirlpool that was strong enough to tear up Enakai’s dimension until it was all swallowed away. With a wave of the other claw, Koamalu used the same method to demolish the Lava King’s dimension.

While the wormhole above remained, it was showing signs of stabilization. Koamalu’s work didn’t end there as he then waved both of his claws to revert the rest of the scenery slowly back to the original look of Bikini Bottom, from the flora, to the climate, to the buildings, and so on, all while removing every shred of what resembled Tiki Land except the tikis. As a grand finish, Koamalu levitated towards the sky, bringing himself closer to the very wormhole. To the surprise of SpongeBob and the restored Bikini Bottomites taking a look at the restoration process unfolding, Koamalu ascended inside the wormhole, which subsequently closed up along with him. The darkness in the sky would then clear up and revert to its original state, which would signal the end of the apocalypse that could’ve been.

SpongeBob saw no sign of Koamalu returning even half an hour after all of Bikini Bottom had been restored. SpongeBob stared up at the sky for the allocated time until his folks came to embrace and celebrate him for saving their world, and to express their apologies to him.

“Way to go, pal!” Larry cheered.

“SpongeBob, I’m so sorry for the way I’ve treated you and your friend!” Patrick exclaimed. “We’re still friends, right?”

“Of course, but…” SpongeBob muttered.

“And I’m sorry that I got a little too ahead of myself in trying to stop the dang apocalypse,” Sandy chimed in. “You’re a hero now for getting rid of that wormhole and that Lava King, and you deserve it!”

“I’m sorry for the way I’ve been treating ye too,” said Mr. Krabs. “All that I’ve done for that no-good Lava King, I’ve done it to protect meself.”

“Well, even though I don’t care to know what happened while I’ve been gone, I’m just glad this whole chaos is over,” Squidward deadpanned.

“Is anything wrong, SpongeBob?” Sandy asked, being the first to notice that SpongeBob wasn’t feeling too happy.

“We all have Koamalu to thank for restoring peace to our world,”

“Oh yeah, where is that little rascal, anyway?” Mr. Krabs questioned.

“He’s just…gone,” SpongeBob spoke in a solemn tone. “He went up inside that wormhole and he’s just gone. He hasn’t come back either.”

“That’s a shame, but perhaps you’ll begin to feel better after returning to work at the Krusty Krab,” Mr. Krabs replied.

“No I won’t, not without Koamalu to thank for all this! Surely he has to come back.”

“Sorry, we shouldn’t been more thoughtful,” said Sandy. “Don’t worry little sponge dude, okay? Maybe he will return to us and then we’ll celebrate what he’s done for us.”

After giving the time to talk with the folks that he had just saved, SpongeBob began to feel better, although the lingering thought about Koamalu’s disappearance remained inside him, even after he and the rest of Bikini Bottom have all gone back to their normal lives. When word came to the royals that SpongeBob and his missing friend have saved the world, Neptune had SpongeBob give back the powers lent to him. Afterwards, he was granted an invitation for a feast at their palace. He respectfully declined the offer before adding that they’ll celebrate together for when Koamalu returns.

Upon restoring Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob saw as the lives of his folks change in a way that made it feel like a blur to him, but with Mr. Krabs showing more respect towards him and Squidward, Sandy being more willing to spend time with him and Larry outside of her typical research and studies, and as well as Patrick showing some more understanding towards him, he couldn’t complain. Regardless, SpongeBob couldn’t stop to wonder where Koamalu had gone and why the tikis that manifested in the merged dimensions have remained in Bikini Bottom despite the sea dragon’s absence.

That, of course, was the topic of another story, as Koamalu is later shown floating in a black void, with the protrusions on his back now pointing up.

I want this drowning feeling to stop. Koamalu thought to himself. I need air…

“Hello, Koamalu, I’m Gaia and-“the unfamiliar figure that stood in front of him stopped before she saw as the sea dragon was in a state of sleep. “Oh, I guess I’ll just have to wait until he’s refreshed…”

Back in Bikini Bottom, the tikis outside were later shown to give off the same exact white glow as the markings in Koamalu’s body before it faded.

THE STORY CONTINUES…

• Wow 1

EPILOGUE: 10.5 Epilogue: 'O kekahi Mo'olelo (Another Story)

One of the last things that Koamalu remembered before turning up elsewhere was waking up beside his companion SpongeBob after he had transferred the remaining supply of energy invested in him to defeat the Lava King…and to allow him to enter his dreamscape in a bid to acquire help for the deep wounds he received from the same adversary the two had faced. Beforehand, he had to face off against another powerful entity who once knew as his guardian now as a turncoat, Enakai. He ended the battle by destroying his pocket dimension and has not seen him again afterwards. Then there was Moe’uhane, his guidance from within the dreamscape that he now recognized as his mother that he had never met. He had a job to finish in spite of his persisting pain, and he knew that the one way to finish it was to return to the dreamscape alongside Moe’uhane.

“Whatever it is that you intend to do to save the universe, we might not see each other again, and especially given how bad your respiratory system had been damaged.” Moe’uhane informed Koamalu.

“Enakai…and the Lava King’s dimensions…are both devoid of life now,” said Koamalu, “…so, tearing them apart must be the way…to make that vortex in the sky disappear…or at least make it stable.”

“That is true, but I’m afraid you’ll also have to sacrifice yourself to the wormhole,” Moe’uhane continued. “I can’t ensure that you’ll survive being sent through it. One thing’s for sure, however, is you’re more than likely to die if you let your physical form stay underwater.”

“I’m going to do it,” Koamalu finished as he examined where his inner surroundings stood on the in-between of life and death, “for SpongeBob, for his friends, for their home…and for you.”

With as much concentration as possible, Koamalu began to release an imposing amount of energy in his comatose state, retelling the events that led to the restoration of Bikini Bottom.

Sometime after Koamalu entered the wormhole, he appeared in a black void with nothing surrounding him besides a particular entity. This time, he was in a state of sleep that otherwise wasn’t in the state of being inside a dreamscape, despite that the markings on his body were present. When Koamalu woke up, he gave himself his time to stretch, look around and then see the person standing in front of him, who in which spoke after catching his attention.

“Oh, hello, who are you?” Koamalu asked in a half-awake tone.

“Koamalu, I’m Gaia, and I have something important for you to do,” the young girl in the cloak said. “Before I go over the details though, I need you to answer me this: do you know why you’ve been brought here?”

“I think it had something to do with going inside a wormhole,” Koamalu replied. “I guess my memory is feeling fuzzy since I was in a lot of pain, but now I’m starting to feel better. Hey, wait a minute…how come I don’t know you, but you know who I am?”

“I’m a being who observes all parallel dimensions of the multiverse and maintain order for each one,” Gaia explained. “Now, the multiverse has been seeing a great disturbance occur that is signifying the end of all life.”

“Huh, that sounds almost like something that Enakai told me…” Koamalu remarked. “So does that mean the vision he saw…came true?”

“I guess so. After all, that was same the unagi creature that disrupted the forces of time and space to put you in danger as a way to try and see his foretelling being realized. Since he’s gone from the multiverse’s registry, however, I’m afraid to inform that the burden is being carried by you. I would say that you’ve been banished, but your last place of internal registry is from one of the dimensions that you’ve just destroyed, which brings me to the main reason why I’ve brought you here. You’ve used your powers to reach the limits of what is allowed by the forces of time and space by tearing the dimensions of Enakai and the Lava King at the seams, so it is now my job to suppress those powers that you possess.”

“SpongeBob’s world was about to be destroyed, all his folks got turned into rock statues by the Lava King, and I got myself half-killed to restore everything back to what it was before those two interfered! What else could I have done?”

“You were in a life-or-death situation, so I suppose you have a point. I figured that you would use your dream weaver powers to completely close up the rifts and diminish the wormhole in the process, but you chose to take a different approach.”

“The spirit of my mom has been guiding me and she suggested that I go inside the wormhole.”

“And that’s how you came here. Now that you understand your current circumstances, I have a deal to offer you. You tell me your greatest desire, and then you give me something in exchange so that I can allow you to fulfill whatever it is you wish, and if you accomplish your personal goal, your internal contract with me will be cut.”

“To be honest, I don’t know what I really want. Thinking about it, I guess I would like to return to SpongeBob’s world, but after Enakai exposed the truth about my past, I would also like to find some sense of belonging since I never had a universe that I could call my true home.”

“So it’s settled then – you want to find someplace where you belong. All you have to do now is to allow me to have your Totem God markings relinquished.”

“You want my markings?”

“I have plentiful magical properties, so I can easily detach them from your own flesh. I wouldn’t say that I “want” your Totem God powers, it’s rather that I need you to give them up if you’re going to agree to the deal.”

After Koamalu realized what giving up the markings embedded in his body would mean, he started to hold himself back from Gaia and then said, “Wait, no! I’m not going to let you take my mommy away from me!”

“I’m not going to take away your mother, Koamalu, what’s going to happen is that your connection to her will be cut off.”

“But I just regained my connection to her…”

“I shouldn’t be putting on safety gloves for your sake, but I’ll at least give you this as a compromise,” Gaia continued as she then threw a staff towards Koamalu to catch.

“What’s this?” The sea dragon asked.

“This staff is possessed with dream weaving powers much like what you carry, but you are going to figure out on your own how it functions and how to enter a dreamscape with it. If you don’t accept the deal I’m offering, then I’m just not going to let you work towards your set goal.”

Koamalu, realizing that he has no other choice, let Gaia use her magic to remove the Totem God markings on his skin. The markings glowed and made the sea dragon quiver as a result of the process. Within seconds, Koamalu no longer felt any mystical energy radiating from him.

“I can assure you that your powers will be returned if you’re to accomplish your task,” said Gaia. “Now, you should be directed to a trolley that will take you to a certain place in the multiverse where the start of your conquest will take place after I make one more appointment. Others have been banished besides you, so you won’t be alone…yet. Since you’re physically the youngest, I should give you a fair warning to be careful and watch your own back. You’ll never know until you know how dangerous the multiverse can be. Having those Totem God powers on your person could’ve posed a greater risk, hence why I had to extract them. Go on now, and next thing you’ll know, you’ll find yourself in a new place.”

“I understand…” said Koamalu before he hopped inside the trolley to see a bunch that he wasn’t expecting – a male human in karate uniform, another human male with his dirty blonde hair covering his eyes, a female human with amber eyes and brunette hair, an equine with a turquoise-colored body along with a pink mane and tail, and a sea sponge with a stuffed polar bear backpack and his eyes looming at the ground. Koamalu found a spot to settle in, with his bestowed staff in place, and already crashed into slumber before the other banished individuals could try to talk with him. While Koamalu slept, an individual resembling an alien with Pisces symbols embedded in his clothing had now appeared in front of Gaia.
------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES/TRIVIA:

Characters from other spin-offs making an appearance in this epilogue:

Spoiler

-Gaia (Oracle of the Cosmos)
-Ga?z?nsy (Oracle of the Cosmos)
-C?er?lea (Oracle of the Cosmos)
-Lotus Petals (Oracle of the Cosmos)
-Levi (Sub-Tropical Academy)
-Strezz (Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm)
-Titan (Pisces Moon)

• Like 1