• Advertisement

169. Are You Happy Now? / Planet of the Jellyfish

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: This is the Greatest Episode that ever lived!!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Metabolic Fuel!
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse.
    • 2/5 Stars: Boo.
    • 1/5 Stars: DUEGH! HORRIBLE!

nickelodeon.pngspongebob-squarepants.png

#169 - Are You Happy Now? / Planet of the Jellyfish

Premieres:
Saturday, March 31st @ 10:00 AM

Encores:
March 31st: 7:00 PM ET/PT
April 1st: 9:00 AM ET/PT

Plots:
Are You Happy Now?: When Squidward can't recall his happiest memory, SpongeBob "helps" him create one.
Planet of the Jellyfish: Spongebob and Sandy battle a evil jellyfish leader who replaces individuals with clones.

Clips:
http://spongebob.nic...m/videos/clip/s ... -clip.html
http://spongebob.nic...m/videos/clip/s ... -clip.html

300px-Planetofthejellyfish.PNG

* Creepy title card...I like it!

* The music is very alien like.

* Hey, it's SpongeBob's old glasses! We haven't seen them in ages.

* Yes, something is different...like where did that cave come from? And what is with the giant green jellyfish?

* That was disturbing..

* This is reminding me of an abduction film so far. The cloning is interesting.

* Oh boy, bad idea..

* The house on the TV looks like the boat from Ghoul Fools.

* Seems like the alien jellyfish despise popcorn.

* Even though they are evil, they look kind of cute when they are sleeping..

* The clone Gary is really different.

* Why is Patrick working there?

* Looks like the jellyfish aliens hate mayo too.

* We see the fridge again..and we see all the captive people in there.

* Glad to see SB call Spat by his name again, but I wonder what the alien Spat looks like...

* Where's Sandy in all of this though?

* Ah, there she is.

* Something tells me this is a hoax by Sandy..

* Good disguises - very simple.

* Ah, so when the clone is destroyed, the original is released.

* A marsh mellow mayo. :P

* Well, that was clever....yuck...

* Liked the 4th wall break of the 11 minutes.

* Relish patties..not bad.

* Good episode, it was decently paced, but I wish we would have known where the jellyfish aliens came from. The ending was weird too. I did like the Invasion of the Body Snatchers references.

Grade: A

______

300px-Areyouhappynow.PNG

* Whoa, I thought this one was airing at 7? Still, THE MORE THE MERRIER!

* What is SpongeBob doing?

* Poor Squidward...seems like Squidward gets a taste of his own medicine from A Day Without Tears.

* Yikes...good thing I wasn't in that position.

* Nice....sculpture...Squidward..

* Fiasco? Hm..funny, since he is appearing in a future episode called "Fiasco!" too..

* I lol'd at his dance, a shame he scorched Squidward's sculpture though.

* First time we see a hot air balloon in the show.

* Oh boy, bad move!

* Is that Sand Mountain?

* Nevermind, it's a new mountain called Mt. Bikini.

* Avalanche!

* Felt bad for Squidward..

* 2 weeks? Yikes.

* What happened to his house?

* Oh my, Gary is exposed!

* I liked SpongeBob talking to himself. :P

* Now how did...nvm..

* SpongeBob looks weird..

* We learn Squidward has a pet clam.

* Lol, the mailman still messes up his name.

* The empty box kind of reminded me of The Birthday Box.

* Wow, Squidward is going insane...

* Aw, that was touching...at least he got a happiest memory. Not too much Squidward abuse, but one of the weaker episodes of Season 8.

Grade: C+

Overall: B+

Planet of the Jellyfish:

Its been a while since I've been in touch with my SB fan side, but I'm back. This was a really good episode. But i was expecting Sandy or SB to pull out them karate chopping gloves! Oh well...

Really creative jellyfish episode though.

Grade: A

I ain't see the other one.

I really enjoyed Planet of the Jellyfish. It had a creepy overtone and did a good Invasion of the Body Snatchers spoof, and the "The End?" at the end. It was a really great episode.

Are You Happy Now was an ok episode. I freaked for a second when they made it look like that Squidward was going to hang himself- but was only hanging up a bird cage. Still a good ep, not the best but still enjoyable.

Nice episodes but not the best of Season 8.

Planet of the Jellyfish: A nice fresh idea, though it didn't surpise me that much. I wish they actually went to a different planet though or found out more where the main alien came from. I liked when Sandy was tickling SpongeBob and when he got slapped. I also like the gag about SpongeBob not knowing who Harrod was. I liked the glasses gag that was kinda awesome. I also liked how SpongeBob was watching late night movies. Though I wish this episode had been longer, but it's just what it is.

B

Are You Happy Now?

Besides the point that I can't stand still while watching a new SB this morning, I thought this one wasn't as abusive as I thought it would be. Squidward kind of put abuse on his self at the end. Like NegiSpongie said, it looked like Squidward was going to hang himself. I wonder if the writers did that on purpose. I liked how Gary was helping SpongeBob through out the episode. The hot air balloon was cool too. At least Squidward got to beat up paper SpongeBobs at the end. The Fiasco part confused me since, I thought he would be in the future episode, "Fiasco!" The art museum, I believe is from the episode "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups". I thought it was a different approach, and I must watch it again some time to fully enjoy it (since again I couldn't stand still).

B-

Planet Of The Jellyfish: Solid A-. It wasn't as gross as I thought it was going to be. And, I know it's a cartoon, but we never got any explanation as to where the Alien Jellyfish came from. They were just.... there. Otherwise, I liked the episode. The mayonaise was random, but funny. Also, bringing back Spongebob's original glasses made me like the episode a little more.

"Are You Happy Now?": C. Okay, the first half was funny, and I got a few really sick laughs at the "suicide gags" (Squidward's gonna kill himself in an oven-LOL JUST KIDDING he baked some brownies; Squidward's gonna hang himself LOL NO WAY he's just raising a cage), but the ending left a sour taste in my mouth. If anyone cares to remember episodes like Dying For Pie or Funny Pants, it's glaringly obvious that Squidward likes Spongebob deep down. Nowadays, in episodes like this one, Sponge-Cano, or Love That Squid, it seems like Squidward hates Spongebob and wants him to die. I really hate that. Otherwise, the Second half was lacking in jokes, and ultimately fell flat. Average episode. Also, the last line was weird, stupid, and pontless. "He's so handsome..." what??

• Like 1

I am so behind on episodes it's not even funny. ;_; I never even got a chance to see these, and I really want to now that I know they're actually pretty good. Didn't watch them because I switched off the TV in the middle of the KCAs.

Edited by jjsthekid

169a - "Are You Happy Now?" 12/20 (C+)

A fairly average episode with not many funny moments besides a few sight gags. The plot is pretty thin and familiar to the show although some parts are quite daring and depressive, but not really in a good way. It does get slightly repetitive halfway through but it's not that bad, I did chuckle at a few one liners. Nowhere near as good as its partner but it's still OK.

169b - "Planet of the Jellyfish" 16/20 (A-)

What a great episode. I loved it. The plot was really super, the characters well written and the pacing was just right. I enjoyed seeing a few major characters and it was a great choice of episode to be the first of the year to air. The jokes (Although few and far between) were spot on for the story style and I did really enjoy the dark tone carried all the way through. Well done writers, very well done.

I only caught the end of Are You Happy Now?, which is why I found it to be completely insane. I'll have to see it as a whole sometime.

As for Planet of the Jellyfish, it was creepy, but pretty good as well. Mr. Krabs with his blackened eyes just scared the living daylights out of me, though.

I wasn't too fond of Are You Happy Now? It definitely was the weaker of the two episodes, and it really dragged on and was just overall really depressing. However, I loved the hiker scene. "Son of a seahorse!"

5/10

Planet of the Jellyfish was great. I loved the title card to start off, and then almost immediately, freaky things started to happen. It was more creepy than funny throughout the whole thing, but I busted up laughing at the ending scene where it goes "Eleven Minutes Later..." and Sandy's reaction. xD I was also glad that nothing was actually gross in this episode. Everything was fairly clean. Even with the slime, it wasn't gross like prior episodes have been.

10/10

Are You Happy Now?: It was an okay episode. It had it's funny moments, and it's suicide things were uncalled for, but it's pretty unmemorable. B.

Planet of the Jellyfish: Best season 8 ep :D It had an original plot, a different genre, it had jokes... I loved it. A+.

Are You Happy Now? - 9.2/10

To be honest, I don't see what everyone finds so terrible about this episode. Sure, it is depressing, but also fairly interesting.

As for my opinion, I actually liked the episode. It had some pretty good gags throughout, and believe it or not, I found the ending to be hilarious. Sure, it's basically an OOC madness, but I just can't help laughing hysterically when a character goes insane so suddenly.

There were problems with the episode, yes, but those miniscule problems aren't gonna completely affect my score.

Planet of the Jellyfish - 10/10

In my humble opinion, this may well be one of the best post-movie episodes out there. It's just that everything worked so well, and the gags had me laughing out loud. The plot was also so out-of-the-box, it worked perfectly. There were also some nice callbacks to older episodes.

Overall, I just found myself completely loving this episode. No real issues, just perfection. Another masterpiece by the great Mr. Lawrence.

• Like 1

Caught both of these episodes the other day:

Are You Happy Now was incredibly mediocre and dragged an awful lot. I couldn't wait for it to be over three or four minutes into the episode. It was that boring. Oh and the premise for the episode in general felt like a slap in my fandom's face. Squidward has had plenty of happy moments throughout the series.

3/10

Planet of the Jellyfish

This made up for the partner episode. The premise was somewhat surprising and the episode in general was deep and suspenseful. I really like this episode and I kinda wish SpongeBob had more supernatural episodes like this. Oh and I can finally say I know what scene inspired that Pathulu meme. :P

10/10

are you happy now? well lets see,. its not terrible, but air'd at the wrong time, and it could of been a little better. a good episode and I love the suicide" moments, not cause its funny there not suicide, but ive wited for squidward to show these signs after years of abuse. bt its a good episode. now...Planet of the Jellyfish was..just...AMAZING. great plot, funny as hell jokes. and a really great sandy/spongebob ppairing episode.

Planet of the Jellyfish was perfect. There were some hilarious moments. "Are You Happy Now?" was great but I hated the suicide moments and the ending could have been better. Kids shouldn't watch "Are You Happy Now?".

Planet of the Jellyfish: 10/10

Are You Happy Now?: 8.5/10