• Advertisement

024a. Dying For Pie

SG19

The thing I love most about the relationship between SpongeBob and Squidward is that there are so many places you can take it. In this episode, Mr. Krabs forces Squidward to get SpongeBob a present for Employee Brotherhood Day. Squidward, who never liked being an employee or a brother, decides to buy him a pie from a group of pirates and call it a day. Unfortunately, it turns out that the pie is actually a bomb, and when it seems like SpongeBob ate the pastry of mass destruction, a remorseful Squidward tries to make it up to him by ensuring that his last moments are the best he's ever had. This episode was both heartwarming and hilarious, and it showed that despite his abrasive personality, Squidward really does have a kind and caring soul.

• Like 1

Ah, my all-time favorite episode. It perfectly balances humor with heart, a feat no other episode has accomplished thus far. It too takes the medium of creativity to the fullest. Bomb pies? It's slapstick that works. And besides Fools in April, it has possibly the best characterization of Squidward on the show. All of this combined, makes this the best episode of the series. 

• Like 1

Probably the last SB review I'll write in a while- kind of sad I watch the entire first series and then stop halfway through season 2 though /:

Maybe I'll do one here and there from now on.

Anyway, I think this episode ROCKS!

Squidward was a great guy in this one, and I ESPECIALLY liked it when he CARED that the pie was a bomb and that it was in THE KRUSTY KRAB!!!

TOTALLY 10/10!