• Advertisement

What is Bothering You? (Physically)

Jellatine

My infected cavity. These antibiotics are making it go down, but now it hurts to close my mouth all the way or accidentally bite something with that tooth. Can't wait until I get it removed. I think I've swallowed more Tylenol, Advil, and ibuprofen (mixing those is okay, don't worry) than I've swallowed food all week (that's a lowkey exaggeration of course, but I'm poppin' pills like an addict)

Oh, and a head-cold :I

Edited by Esme
  • Sad 2

I've had some sort of stomach pain since I had lunch; it seemingly died down whilst at uni and when on the way to and from uni, but I've just had dinner and it's back again. I don't quite think it's a stomach ache because it doesn't necessarily hurt but it's effective enough to be bothersome to me.

My right arm feels kinda sore from when some friends and I went bowling on Thursday. Kinda sucks how the pain's only been around since this morning and yet didn't hurt at all for the rest of the day I actually used but ho hum, I guess that's how it works.

Trying to get back on my weight loss tip after about 3-4 years of completely not giving a shit about my physical health and 5-6 years after initially giving up on trying to keep healthy. Weighed in at 174 earlier today. Returning back to my peak weight (180) recently kinda shook me since I promised myself I would never get back to that number when I first made the decision to get into better shape when I was 15. Like, how the hell did I let myself slip so far backward? My height is like 5’7/5’8 if you want a clearer picture, and possibly ruin any past perception you may have had about my height. On top of that, everything that happened with my dad’s heart in recent months has me more wary and conscious than ever about my own cardiac health. When my sister checked my blood pressure while she was here in September, it got pretty up there on multiple occasions. So hopefully I can get some of the results I had before without going too off the deep end. My lowest recorded weight was 116 a little over ten years ago, which my family thought was too low for me. And looking back now, yeah, 30-year old me is inclined to agree.

Ever since 2021, a few times a year I get severe pain in my upper left and middle part of my stomach. It's increasingly gotten worse and was at its all time worse on Christmas. It went away the next day, then returned on Thursday and didn't get better until Friday night. Everytime I have this pain, I try taking pepto bismol and it of course does absolutely nothing. I haven't eaten in two days (besides small bits of tomato soup) because I physically can't eat anything without that pain coming back. I'm all by myself and my mom has done nothing to take care of me. She's literally the only person I have at all and ever since she's gotten engaged (and now married), it feels like her husband comes before me. I've lost so much weight. I'm currently at 178 pounds and I have a really really hard time gaining weight and I lose it quickly, so if I lose too much, it's not coming back lol. I just really wish my mom would stay with me while I'm suffering. She doesn't like having to go to hospitals and stuff, there have been Times in the past where I've needed to go and she refused. Plus, I've never been inpatient at a hospital before. I did go get blood drawn from one once, and passed out from blood loss when i was sixteen, because i was underweight and only 101 pounds, but I recovered before they had to admit me. If that pain comes back, I'm one hundred percent going to the emergency room, even if they have to give me a feeding tube. And I would honestly just have my mom call an ambulance, because I don't want to sit in the waiting room for 15 hours in severe pain, or however long it would be I don't know. My assumption is that it could be pancreatitis, but I wouldn't know without a diagnosis. My mom did say that she will get me a doctor and do a abdominal ct scan or something, but its going to be quite a few weeks. I know that I'm an adult, but I have no clue on how to be independent. A lot of people have told my mom that she needs to help be more independent and I definitely am ready to be, but I'm more concerned with this severe stomach pain that I've been having. When I was nineteen I developed really bad chronic pain in my upper back leg and it wasn't diagnosed until I was twenty-two. It's called piriformis syndrome, and whenever I was in horrible pain, my mom told me that I was being over dramatic. 

I'm not saying my mom is a bad parent by any means, but I don't understand why she is never concerned when something is seriously wrong. Even when she has something seriously wrong, she refuses to go to the hospital. When I developed asthma, she immediately took me to get diagnosed.. and I have an extremely mild case of asthma. But if it's anything really bad, she ignores it.. I don't get it, it's extremely weird.