• Advertisement

032b. The Smoking Peanut

Clappy

Surprised that there was no thread for this, but here we go...

For as much praise as the pre-movie episodes get, there were a couple clunkers. To me, The Smoking Peanut was the biggest one. While I found Mr. Krabs taking advantage of the whole concept of Free Day and Patrick licking the yellow popsicle funny, everything else just came off as uninteresting and rather boring. The episode constantly dragged to me.

While there have been far worse episodes of SpongeBob, this one is probably in my Top 15-20 worst episodes ever.

2.5/10

Wow, 2.5/10. Harsh, Clappers.

I find this somewhat mystery episode to be rather charming. Patrick was hilarious as always, and the ending was great. "But it's... Free Day!" is so pathetic that it makes me laugh. Underrated episode. 9/10.

Wow, 2.5/10. Harsh, Clappers.

I find this somewhat mystery episode to be rather charming. Patrick was hilarious as always, and the ending was great. "But it's... Free Day!" is so pathetic that it makes me laugh. Underrated episode. 9/10.

^This. However I would have given it an 8.5...

This episode is decent. It has a decent plot with decent humor. Calling this episode forgettable isn't really an understatement, but it's as plain meh as Bossy Boots and Neptune's Spatula.

I've always been a fan of a good detective story. In fact, I wrote one myself not too long ago. But enough shameless plugging. This episode had everything that made Season 2 so exceptional in my eyes. Great plot, great humor, and great use of the characters. SpongeBob in particular was brilliant in this episode, which is important because it revolved mostly around his guilt and fear after causing a citywide disturbance. Then, of course, there's Patrick, who plays a Sherlock Holmes with a familiar-looking yellow popsicle in place of a pipe. Both of these characters make the episode for me, and as they take the fruits (or nuts) of the town's hatred in stride near the end of it, I keep thinking that the series just can't get better from there, but as we all know, it does. Oh boy, it does.

This is one of the more clever episodes. I love the zoo location, and the plot twist at the end. SpongeBob feeling guilt but being scared to come clean was interesting and amusing. Also I loved the police fish and a rather unknown line, as Squidward sais he'll be gorgeous after finally getting that beauty sleep :p

I felt that this was a very good episode, dealing with guilt in a humorous, but very honest way. And Patrick was kind of funny as a detective. Of course, the twist with Mr. Krabs being responsible for Clamu going on an emotional rampage was a really good twist! :D Overall, I'd give this episode a 9.9 out of 10, only because I feel that this episode isn't as good as some of the other episodes within this season. Enough said, true believers! :cool: