• Advertisement

054. SpongeBob B.C. (Before Comedy) [A.K.A. Ugh]

70s

After re-watching this special for the first time in years, it's not as bad as some say, but it's not exactly the best Season 3 episode. The stick and fire gag kind of dragged on forever and felt like something I'd see in say, Family Guy. I think most people hate this special for the reason people hate most of the other specials: Patchy. His gags were a bit annoying in this one.

Overall, not as bad as some people say, though not the best Season 3 episode. I'd give it a 6.5/10 at least.

I looked up the robot from Spongebob B.C and got this as an image.

SB-Kent%27s-robot-costume-large.jpg

That's pretty awesome. Apparently, the writer for Spongebob B.C (Kent Osbourne) wore the suit in the live action segments of the episode). I found this and just wanted to share it. I didn't realize how much work went into one of these Live-Action segments. tongue.png

Anyway, the episode is okay. It was missing the witty dialogue I find in Spongebob episodes. Not horribly funny, but the plot was pretty cool, and the Patchy segments weren't horrible. 7.5/10, maybe. A pretty weak entry for Season 3, TBH, but it wasn't truly horrendous.

• Like 1

I rewatched this last night and I remembered all the times I previously saw it. The Patchy part was a tad over done, but the song was catchy. As for the SpongeGar parts, I thought it was good. But I did feel there needed to be more. The setting was great, I like these prehistoric characters better then the ones in SB-129. The introductory of the characters at the beginning was great and the episode had a great stone age feeling to it. The music was a nice touch too.

6.4/10