• Advertisement

South Park

dragiiin123

Bout damn time Randy and Sharon separated. It was all in a matter of time. I guess I can consider myself an old fart.
Technically they have separated in the past in the Treehouse episode, still it was going to happen eventually. I don't know if I'm ready for South Park to end just yet. There are so many more things that need to be ripped on and while Royal Pudding and Funnybot weren't the best, the rest of this season has been great.

Technically they have separated in the past in the Treehouse episode, still it was going to happen eventually. I don't know if I'm ready for South Park to end just yet. There are so many more things that need to be ripped on and while Royal Pudding and Funnybot weren't the best, the rest of this season has been great.

While, I agree with you that I wouldn't like South Park (possibly) ending, I can say I understand it. When the creators entered the business with South Park, they were revolutionaries in a sense: Little cartoon children cursing!? Making fun of Tom Cruise/Scientology!? It was unbelieveable at the time (yes there were the Simpsons, but this was alot different obviously) They took an intresting and unbelievable idea (pure children with sailor mouths going on adventures and satrizing society as a whole) and made it a cornerstone of television history. Now they are industry veterans with alot of experience trying new things (Book of Mormon on Broadway) and perhaps they're just tired of "doing the same old shit each week, just more ridiculous" on South Park. If they do (sadly) decide to end the series, I hope they find a way to close out the stories for each of the characters, and have us remember them for who they were, and for South Park as a whole.

That episode wasn't all that funny, but the ending was surprisingly great. That may have to do with the fact that "Landslide" was playing though.
Great song choice but that definitely wasn't the only reason xP

So for those who haven't read. South Park has been renewed for two more seasons which is the same time Trey Parker and Matt Stone's contracts with Comedy Central expire. I think its safe to say that Season 17 will without a doubt be the last season of South Park. However, I do expect the midseason premiere to answer the questions of the midseason finale.

....so how about that midseason premiere? I found it to be really odd. I lol'd at the Ass Burgers bit, but at the same time, I felt kinda sad about Stan now resorting to drinking. Overall, a 8/10. One of the most awkward episodes of South Park I have seen definitely.

The midseason premiere was pretty decent. I also lol'd at Stan's speech towards the ending.
As soon as I heard Stan doing that speech, I knew that Matt and Trey were going to pull an everything is going to turn back to normal ending in a WTF fashion.

As soon as I heard Stan doing that speech, I knew that Matt and Trey were going to pull an everything is going to turn back to normal ending in a WTF fashion.
I feel like they trolled us...severely.

Can't believe that I haven't made a comment about The Last of the Meheecans. I think this review from tv.com pretty much summed up my opinion on it.

I enjoy the episodes that are intelligent and satirical, and this episode in particular is a great example of that kind! A couple of people think it's racist. Somewhat, but not really. It's actually smart! They exploit racial stereotypes to convey a strong and very intelligent socioeconomic, political and cultural criticism of contemporary USA. And they do it in the best possible way - by making us laugh really hard!

I just finished watching it, and it was great. I especially loved the Life of Brian reference.
Yes, bonus points for The Life of Brian reference. That had me cracking up hard.