• Advertisement

South Park

dragiiin123

1 hour ago, Hayden said:

Whobie Dooby Doo, you need to stop jumping to conclusions about my posts. I said I'm glad they didn't OVERcorrect. I'm not saying that some of the changes in S21 haven't been for the better. The seasonal arc this year has no reason to give you low expectations.

If I had to watch 10 episodes about Randy's one-off episode antics I would not consider the show priority viewing. I'm glad it didn't entirely reset back to "classic form" like some nostalgics wanted. (Again, you somehow thought the post was about your opinions). 

This is a two part finale and I don't think it's over-juggling in the slightest. Kyle's problem is directly tied to the Heidi/Cartman story. Trump Garrison is a plot device, not something that needs a resolution. This Canada nuking will blow over and he'll still be here in S22. It's not like a wave of member berries just crashed into the finale, this is very contained. Most of the leg work with PC Principal's story was done in this episode so it won't intrude on whatever's coming. AV Club's ramblings were very silly.

Tbh I'm not much of a Randy fan either lmao, I'm sick of his antics. What I meant was that I usually like episodes with boys getting in some trouble with social issues or dumb antics. I get what they are going with this arc and I did like the episode but I'm worried I'm gonna feel unsatisfied by the conclusion. I do hope they do it right this time. And yeah, AVClub has always been harsh on South Park.

• Thanks 1

Honestly...I did not like this finale at all. Out of the past four finales, I'd honestly say it's the worst, because at least the past three had some sort of closure and felt slightly more focused. Once again, they crammed too many things into this (Cartman & Heidi, Garrison, PC Principal & Strong Woman, parodying It & Stranger Things, Kyle and the Canada nuking which didn't really go anywhere), and all of the plot lines just kind of fell flat. Going from Canada getting nuked to Garrison being a weirdo and stalking people just felt off and awkward. The parodies of It and Stranger Things could've been cool, but this whole episode felt like it kind of...happened? I think my biggest problem with this finale is that it just happened. Maybe if this wasn't a season finale and just a regular episode, I'd be more passable of it, but even if it was...I didn't even find anything in here really funny, if I'm being honest (except for Mountie Ike maybe). The whole episode felt boring, aimless and unfocused. The whole episode kept jumping back and forth between Garrison to The Whites to PC Principal & Strong Woman to Cartman and Heidi to It and Stranger Things references to Ike and it just felt like a mess of ideas. Even the vague cliffhanger just didn't feel very interesting to me, at all. I just walked away kind of unsatisfied and felt like my time was kinda wasted, sad to say. I'm normally fine with cliffhangers, but this one just left me scratching my head, considering it was poorly built up to. I get what the cliffhanger was representing, but it just didn't really work for me overall.

Yes, the cliffhanger was clearly setting things up to be continued next season, and maybe those loose ends will make more sense next year...but will the continuations of what they did here even be satisfying? In fact, other than

Spoiler

Cartman and Heidi possibly being done for good

I'm not even really sure if else much truly happened, since it didn't feel like this season was building towards anything that needed a conclusion (other than Cartman & Heidi, which was handled okay I guess). The whole PC Principal plot felt kind of shoehorned-in, and I didn't find the whole vomiting gag funny either. Also, haven't we gone through this whole "don't worry, they'll continue it next season for sure!" mantra before? Everyone thought some things from the end of S19 would be addressed again in S20...and they weren't. A lot of things on S20 (outside of Heidi and one Member Berry cameo) were just swept under the rug this season. I'm not really expecting anything from this finale to be continued properly in S22. I mean, maybe they will this time, but I'm just keeping neutral expectations next season.

I feel like South Park is having an identity crisis and is unsure exactly what route it wants to take. It kind of shows with S21 as a whole. They said "they'd back off of Trump", but nope. They said this season would focus more on the kids, and we kind of got that and also kind of didn't. They said they'd back off of serialization, and they kind of did and they kind of didn't (which is probably why this whole finale feels off to me). It feels like Trey and Matt are trying to appease too many different people after how S20 went, and creating a very weird middle ground, that didn't work very well with this finale. I really hope they can figure out what they want to do for S22, but I dunno man.

Four disappointing finales in a row. Honestly, I think this is the first episode of SP in a long while that truly actually left a bad taste in my mouth. It's a shame, because I was enjoying the season for the most part.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

Before I talk about this episode, can we please make PC Principal and Strong Woman adopt Butters?

honestly I'd say this episode was better than season 20 finale because at least there wasn't some idiotic status quo and one aspect actually left me satisfied. Heidi's development was handled so damn well I give a big praise to Trey and Matt for actually starting off a lame arc and ending it so strong. With that being said, the finale was still a big mess. It tried to do so many stuff at once that none got a good conclusion. PC Principal and Strong Woman romance was nothing but a joke. If this was one moment, I'd be fine but they made it a plot and they didn't focus on it much. I liked that Kyle felt bad about being cause of nuking Canada but I'm surprised his friends forgave him that quickly after him trying to cancel the show. Kyle and Ike thing didn't even get some sort of conclusion. Stranger Things/IT parody was just there and it felt forced. It was nice to see kids being kids (Where the fuck is Kenny tho?) but all they did with Stranger Things/It was some jokes about 80s music. eh, a nitpick but still. So we have Ike capturing Garrison and then Garrison escapes and we have a cliffhanger now. Talk about unsatisfying. They don't know what they wanna do with South Park at this point. I liked this season and all with its clever social commentary and being funny for the most part but they kept switching back and forth with serialization and episodic format and Trump or no Trump. It started to get tiresome and I really would like for this show to gain some identity again. I get they wanted to do something different with story arcs but for the past 4 years, they barely tied in everything well and now they have no clue what to do. So it's best to just focus on one social commentary per episode If they still wanna do social commentary or politics but please at least include the kids. No Randy doing dumb stuff, just them, their dynamic with each other and their opinion on shit are what makes South Park so special. And add Kenny a bit more as well. Just like last season, Kenny barely did anything. So I really hope they actually find what they want to tell or they got too old for this just like Terrance and Phillip.

Episode Grade: C+

Season Grade: B+

I think while the later seasons have been lacking although Season 19 gets a pass from me personally, I'm looking forward to Season 22. Here's hoping they're out of their little identity crisis and know what they want to do with the story and, most importantly, the characters (because it's clear SP has prioritized commentary on Trump for the past two seasons while giving us very little to do with typical antics in the town that mirror things people may actually want to satirized).

• Like 1

Well, damn... A school shooting. I'm really intrigued. That said I was pretty intrigued with White People Renovating Houses before it aired and that one turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment and Trey and Matt aren't the best with season openers but I still can't wait for Wednesday. 

So truthfully, kinda underwhelming.

The PMS jokes got old really fast and Cartmans subplot devolved into weak humor pretty quickly. The one plus was I felt they hit upon the general burnout/apathy the general public has felt towards quite well and it made Sharon's anger towards the townspeople more sympathetic. Kinda wish we'd have seen more of the main four besides the opening scene since they are kinda the main characters of the show.

Overall, I feel there was potential for a nice ep, but that they kinda wasted it on lame PMS jokes and a really unnecessary Cartman plot. Gonna hold out hope for the rest of the season, but not the best start.

Grade: D+

• Like 3

It was okay. Definitely had some problems, mostly with the A-plot. It just felt thin and empty, with no real substance beside period jokes (which was kinda funny at first but got old really fucking fast) and just the fact Sharon is the only one who feels affected by shootings anymore I felt got really drawn out. There was just nothing to the A-plot besides that. School shootings are getting more and more common which is terrifying, and pubic attention to them is dwindling because people are getting used to it, which is also fucking terrifying. I'm all for Matt and Trey discussing school shootings in 2018, but I just wish there was more to it. Why not discuss the public movement against big gun groups like the NRA? Why not discuss school walkouts protesting the gun lobby? Instead they just treaded on the same thing over and over again. The A-plot, while very weak, was not all bad though. Randy at the therapist was definitely the funniest scene of the show, and him at the house meeting was funny to. I'm not so much angry at the characterization, that was handled well. Randy is thickheaded enough to do the stuff he did here and Sharon being this emotional seems so in character. The scene at the school near the end with Sharon calling everyone out was great, and of course the reveal that she isn't going through menapause and her period started today. Finally the fucking period jokes are gone. Thank god. However, the ending makes no sense to me, especially since she seems to just go from calling everyone out for being ignorant to shootings to being ignorant her own son was shot. What the hell? It makes absolutely no sense. Did snicker at Randy's bliss while his wife apologized to him, though.

The subplot definitely worked better for me. Cartman believing Token not letting him copy off his math test was because Token found out Cartman didn't like Black Panther and going overboard with it is something Cartman would totally do, and the jokes worked well. For some reason I found Cartman mentioning he would get grounded from playing Fortnite after getting a bad grade funny. I guess it's just the idea of Cartman talking about Fortnite. It was pretty standard Cartman scheme stuff, but pretty much all effective and served as a nice something else for the empty A-plot. Also the scene where Cartman and Token go to their classroom in the middle of a shooting was very well done and did a great job intertwining the A and B plots for an ending. So yeah, it was okay. 5/6/7/10 I guess. I hope well for the rest of the season and of course Trey and Matt aren't great at premieres usually, but this one was pretty meh. 

Like others have mentioned, they nailed the feeling of both apathy and frustration pretty damn well. And yeah, the period jokes definitely wore out their welcome (tho I couldn't help but get a pretty good laugh out of Randy delusionally serenading Sharon with his rendition the Love Story song). I quite enjoyed the Cartman and Token stuff, probably because it's something I've seen for myself, people finding you to not like something that they like unbelievable and all that, shows the toxic side of pop culture to me. And Cartman going full Jessica Jones in his investigating was a nice Marvel-esque touch. I honestly expected him to end up being confused for a shooter or something because what he was wearing sorta ticks all the boxes for school shooter and it would've tied the two stories together lol. I got the vibe that Token was actually hiding something by the end of it, so the idea of Cartman's delusions actually leading him onto something with merit is a pretty funny thought to be left with. Not sure if its something that can carry on throughout a whole season tho. I agree with Cyanide that the ending with Sharon was pretty off putting. After spending the whole episode screaming bloody murder in order to open people's eyes to the problem at hand, her son getting shot is what finally leads her to assimilating into the general apathetic consensus? It's not exactly something I've seen happen in the real world, but I guess it's just Matt and Trey's telling signs of what this continued apathy and inaction could lead to; a point to where even the parents of shooting victims will just stop caring eventually, accept it as commonplace and "not the end of the world". The whole pointing out that Stan got shot thing is something that can be expanded upon, perhaps into stuff like the walkouts as Cyanide mentioned. That could carry season long arc if that's still a thing.

Something else to note, I also like how they didn't reveal who the shooter(s) were. I've seen some people online out there speculating and even up in arms over it and it just drives home the point that some people out there only care to hear about the shooter rather than the victims and the bigger problem at hand.

i guess I'll give this a solid B-. It was a solid step up from the last season opener for me.

Dead Kids was...definitely a more captivating season premier than the ones before it, that's for sure.

I didn't think the A-plot really had much going for it. I mean, I'm aware of all the school shootings that happen in America and how frequent they are, but the way they handled it where the town sans Sharon is far beyond the point of caring about it...it's ballsy, sure, and I admire that aspect, but surely it's scary, too, no? Worst part is that it's not even trying to serve as a wake up call; the episode literally goes out of its way to paint Sharon in the wrong. But the episode also highlights the extremes of both sides (to care and not to care) and the contrasting dynamic between them, which was pretty interesting. In terms of humor, I can't say I found the A-plot all too funny though. All the PMS jokes surrounding Sharon wore out their welcome rather quickly and Randy was rather tedious to watch. It's in-character for him to be a dolt about this sort of thing, but...I dunno. I will say that the biggest laugh from the episode actually came from Randy's reactions when Sharon's apologizing to him.

The ending was kind of a letdown, though. I think Sharon should've at least come to a compromise with her attitude towards school shootings rather than simply follow her husband and the rest of the town, especially once she heard that Stan was shot. I mean, it...didn't make sense to me at all. Yes, perhaps one can worry too much, but something like this would honestly justify that. I'm honestly surprised the plot didn't end with a complete 180, where Randy begins to hyperventilate over Stan getting shot while Sharon's taken aback by the reaction. It would've honestly made more sense to me if Randy ended up stressing over the incident at the end of the plot as Sharon had showcased basically the entire episode.

As for the B-plot, I don't really have much to say. It's nice to see Cartman free from a relationship plotline now so hopefully he's not bogged down by anything like that again  The part of the plot I think I liked the most - which I believe just bled through to the B-plot from the A-plot halfway through and stayed there - was actually seeing the kids and teachers going about the day while all the shootings in the school are going on. The contrast was honestly the most ballsy part of episode and listening to Mackey yelling across the hall while Cartman's confronting Token in PCP's office was great.

I did enjoy this episode, all in all. But I think I'd like the season to focus on the kids a bit more than Randy.

• Wow 1

Well, this certainly was a "stuff happens" episode. The plot was well constructed and made sense within the show's characters for the most part, but just felt ineffective on the whole. I guess it's because South Park's already covered this subject in "Red Hot Catholic Love", an episode I admittedly don't remember off the top of my head but taking that one out of the equation this one was still pretty ineffective. There were a couple good lines and moments, but just did not really leave an impact on me at all. Also it's another fucking episode where Randy plays an important role.... sigh. Look, I love Randy but I miss when South Park centered MOSTLY around the boys. Can we not have an episode where Randy plays a pivotal role? For fuck's sake........

Also for a Butters episode there was something so.... un-Butters about it. I can completely buy him becoming friends with Father Maxi and all but there was none of Butter's trademark happiness and naivety in the midst of fucked up shit happening around him, which in my opinion when Butters works best. Also I can buy Randy constantly making jokes about priests molesting little boys and all.... but Sharon? Also I can't buy Randy as being obsessed with religion all of a sudden at all. Meh. I'm done here. I'm starting to get concerned for this season; I've always been concerned about the show since the story arcs, but usually a meh season premiere would be followed up with a pretty good episode. Not the case here, this one might be worse than Dead Kids. 5/10 I guess. It's not terrible but just did not impress me at all.

• Like 1

That was the first episode this season I can say I enjoyed. Mr. Hankey was fun to see again and it skewered controversies like the James Gunn one and the controversies over characters like Apu pretty well, although I kind of wish they went more with lampooning the Brett Kavanaugh hearings; that seems satire-rich for Trey and Matt but I can't really complain because the stuff lampooned was a little broad and cluttered, but I definitely still enjoyed this one. Also really helped that this episode was definitely the funniest this season. I'd give it a 7-8/10. Also honestly did not mind watching a Mr. Hankey episode in October because the episode was just straight out funny, the Speedy Gonzales joke had me laughing out loud. Also the Simpsons nerd in me loved the ending. I do hope we get another Halloween episode honestly, because I think they're taking a dark week next week and the next episode would be around Halloween and I honestly really enjoyed last season's Halloween show.

Edited by CyanideFishbone
  • Like 1

The first two episodes of the season had me concerned, but this one restored my faith in many ways:

- Mr. Hankey in a non Christmas episode doesn't seem like it works, but it sure did here. He slotted in perfectly as the Roseanne/Kavanunagh parody. The "joke" tweets, the Hankey hearings and his final scene were all done to near perfection. Maybe one or two too many ambien jokes by the end, but it was pretty small fry in the bigger scheme of the episode. It may sound like a weird way to send off a side character who's more or less beloved (or at the very least well-liked) but believe me when I say it was awesome.

- PC Principal definitely had begun to wear out his welcome for me last season (and probably earlier if we're being real about it) so when I heard the subplot focused around him and Strong Woman's Emmy worthy  relationship, I'll admit I was not intrigued. I figured I'd be writing a blurb here about it being forced, but instead I'm impressed how they managed to make them relevant. The two ended up having quintuplets (5 kids) out their encounter in the S21 finale and this causes significant strain to their relationship and beliefs.  It was interesting to see these two "righteous" (in their eyes anyhow) characters deal with the consequences. Woman doesn't want to acknowledge PC as her children's father due to the implications of their working relationship to PC wanting to be a quality father to them even in spite of this. It's an astounding level of depth for these two and I'm actually looking forward to seeing them again.

- One classic quote in this episode for me: "I've learned over the years that when you defend poop, you get stained." - Gerald when he refuses to take Hankey's case midway through the episode. In a sense foretelling what would happen with Kyle later on as he tried to stick to his friend.

- Also that Simpsons jab to close the episode was so spot on and the cherry on top of an excellent episode.

Grade: A-

• Like 4

A Boy And A Priest:

The fact that this episode focused on Butters actually got me pretty hyped for the episode, and having watched it it's clear that, while it's a take on topical events, it's also the sequel (of sorts) to Red Hot Catholic Love, and Maxi's speech towards the end referencing that episode was great. The relationship between Butters and Maxi was also incredibly done, and I believe this to be completely unintentional on Matt and Trey's part. but it kind of gave me a surrogate father-son vibe which is perfectly in line with what's been established with Butters' character.

This all said, the episode probably does  end up going out of its way to use the word 'cum' as often as it can, but the "It's an 8 year old's Birthday party, of course it's cum!" line from the Auxilary is such a solid joke that had me laughing so much that I'll forgive the episode for this fact. (also considering it's Clyde's Birthday party, I have to ask...the boys are supposed to be 10 or roundabouts, right, since they're in the fourth grade? I assuming this is just an error on their part with what the time constraints they have but not that it takes anything away from the joke or anything).

So, yeah, this episode was actually pretty solid in comparison to the premier. The ending was absolutely awesome and it was great to see some sort of within-season continuity via. Stan's arm.

The Problem With A Poo:

This episode, to me, was a bit of a mess, truth be told. I think the most major problem I had with the episode was the way it treated Mr. Hankey. And no, I don't mean within the events taking place i the episode itself - in that context, Hankey deserved everything that came to him based on everything he'd said - but rather the way Matt and Trey just decided to seemingly desecrate his character. I don't know about you guys, but I felt like Hankey was rather OOC this episode. I can buy the idea of him doing crazy shit like him taking Ambien and acting stupid, but he was needlessly cruel for no other reason than to serve the plot. I do love the end of the episode though; the Simpsons jab was everything and I'm proud of myself for already knowing without doing research as to what the context of the joke is.

The B-plot, I personally thought had a lot more going for it, and I'm somewhat glad that they're not pretending Season 21 doesn't exist. The fact that they brought back the PCP/Strong Woman relationship of all Season 21 things was perhaps a good choice, and also one that certainly didn't wear its welcome in the S21 finale. Now, my inner South Park nerd would like to just take a tangent here to point out that Strong Woman has technically been pregnant for ten months, considering that Splatty Tomato - my reference point for when the PC babies where conceived if the episode's context is of any indication - aired last December. Anyway, the PC babies were the best part of the episode to me; I don't quite know what to make of the whole dynamic between Strong and PCP from here on out but I am hoping that the show does something more with this. I'd love to see the PC babies again and quite frankly they'd probably make a decent plot device if the show continues to delve into politics.

And another thing...Mr. Hankey's departure from the show made me think of something: have we lost Mr. Garrison at this point? I mean, at this moment in time I have a hard time imagining a feasible way for the show to bring him back as just Mr. Garrison. I think I'd love it if the show found a way to do so because I really do miss the old Mr. Garrison; the one that got eaten up by the show's "necessity" to have a Trump stand-in for 2/3 seasons. And personally, I feel like this episode probably would have worked better if it was Garrison doing wrong as opposed to Mr. Hankey; Hankey is, in essence, an old favorite from seasonal South Park episodes. Garrison, on the other hand, is (was) a major character with a consistent presence and an established personality that had him acting controversial.

As it stands, A Boy And A Priest is my favorite episode of the season, and The Problem With A Poo is my least favorite. Dead Kids probably sits bam smack in the middle of the two.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm very behind season 22 discussion but now Im ready for it.

- Dead Kids was just really lame for me. I gotta say that I actually enjoyed White People Renovating Houses more, despite the fact that both episodes were focused heavily on Randy and this is the thing. I'm done with Randy being the focus so much and he was one of the worst here. I get he's supposed to be a hypocritical liberal and all but him being careless to Stan and thinking Sharon is being overreactive was so unlikeable of this. I get this was supposed to be the damn message. The fact that people don't care about school shootings but Randy didn't even come off as funny. All the jokes about period were awful from beginning and they wore out of their welcome fast. Just like what Fishbone said above. Why not focus on NRA as well? That could have been a better subplot than Cartman being Cartman with no ties to the main plot whatsoever. I liked Jessica Jones references, I'll say that but the subplot was nothing but a bore that I've seen before (Cartman messing with Token was done better in Zimmerman and Cartman Finds Love and Token seems like the new Kyle for Cartman). I hated that Sharon came off as ignorant at the end as well, so that was it? Again, this was the message they were going for and i think it's a good one but the way the story was told made it a lame execution and Sharon didn't need to be shitted on by SP citizens nor she needed to apologize to Randy nor she needed to ignore her son being shot. Yeah, this was nothing but a missed attempt. Grade: C-

- I must say that I might be one of the few that actually liked A Boy and A Priest. One big criticism of the episode I'll have with is that some pedo priest jokes got old for me but to be fair, the episode didn't stick with same gag like Dead Kids ep with one period joke and some of them got a laugh out of me. I loved the moments with the clean up crew. Every time they appeared, I couldn't stop laughing. Speaking of them, I gotta that this being a direct sequel to Red Hot Catholic Love was done so well and ironically enough, the conclusion of this episode was much better than almost all of season 18-21 conclusions. I loved Butters in the episode and it showed how much he has grown from being an abused naive to self aware of people's shit and not giving them satisfaction and Priest using Butters' advice at the end was actually a nice development for him as well. The part with Priest killing the clean up crew was nothing but satisfying to watch. I know this episode won't be as appreciated by some fans but I enjoyed what they have done with this. Grade: B+

- The Problem with a Poop is definitely the best episode of the season thus far. I wasn't too sure on making Mr. Hankey a problematic person but it worked out here. Unlike Randy, Mr. Hankey's jokes actually got laughs out of me and I liked the commentary on Roseanne tweets causing issues on her. I loved the citizens being actual reasonable people for once. They didn't give a shit about Mr. Hankey's goodbyes and he just left that way. Poor Kyle though, he got shitted on (no pun intended) and even he was self aware enough to see Mr. Hankey's shit. Mr. Hankey being up Kyle was too silly, so I kind of laughed at it but at the same tie, it made me feel bad for Kyle and it didn't ruin the plot at all. The subplot with PC Principal and Strong Woman was unrelated to Mr. Hankey, most of the time but man, I didn't expect to care for them. I didn't give a shit about them most of the time in season 21 but they were great this time. The ep made them flawed characters, while keeping them being parodies and still humorous. PC babies were the funniest aspect of the episode, especially when they cried towards Mr. Hankey. Man, I just hope that PC Principal and Strong Woman make it through. I liked the callbacks to the first ep, despite I disliked that episode a lot. Perhaps my only issue with this one was that the ep just ended kind of empty. I suppose that was their intention but idk. It felt that way. Nevertheless, this was a classic South Park episode for me. Grade: A-

- I really enjoyed Tegridy Farms as a whole, though It didn't make me laugh as much as previous episode, I liked that they focused more on kids this time. It was great seeing Cartman and Butters dynamic again and I'm so glad they made Butters call out Cartman when it needed to be and Kyle being caught up in vaping situation fit so well. Randy was surprisingly tolerable, though his subplot was rather okay. The jokes were mostly on point; one of the kindergarden kids saying bitch towards Kyle, Towellie's return in a legalized job, dog butthole picture, the end and couple more. My only problem with this one was that it didn't have any actual conclusion to the commentary on vaping and all the climax was just Randy punching people who uses vaping. It was fun but like where's the punchline? Maybe they'll continue in the next episode since it seems Randy being in the weed farm isn't going anytime soon but idk. Still this episode was really good. Grade: B+

This season has been surprisingly good, especially after we are finally PLEASE done with commenting on trump. Keep up the good work.

Well, that was probably the best episode of South Park I've seen is 2 or 3 seasons. I'm shocked.

Let me just say first things first that I'm a little biased. Vaping is a huge epidemic at my school (luckily I have one more year left to deal with it as a senior, but it'll probably still be around in college). Tons of kids at my school are just addicted to the stuff, they're pretty much all the type obsessed with anything Supreme and spend tons of time playing Fortnite. I've had several times where I've gone to the bathroom only to walk in on some kids vaping and trying to hide it once I enter the bathroom but doing a piss poor job at doing so, so a lot of things in the episode I definitely related to. Also I've been offered it by my cousin who's a year younger than me before and some kid I was kind of friends with (he was the brother of one of my long time best friends, he moved to military school a state over like a month ago), and it's just like..... this shit is so fucking stupid. My main reason behind my opinion is the fact my aunt was a heavy tobacco smoker and pretty much died because of that so I've got a real distaste for anything tobacco/nicotine (Not gonna tell you to stop doing the stuff, I'll do me and you'll do you but I never, never ever want to try the stuff because of that). Mainly though, I just very much agree with Randy calling vapes "pussy sticks"; that summarizes most of my opinions. 

Enough about my personal opinions, on to the episode. This episode was fucking great. There was a lot to love; it's SUCH a fucking breath of fresh air to get an episode with the main boys as one of the main focuses and Cartman/Butters shows are always a treat. I honestly enjoyed the Randy B-plot way more than I thought I would, a lot of it from the fact he really wasn't an asshole for most of it and there was a really understandable reason for him wanting to move away and start farming pot. I loved a lot of the pot jokes, I'm kind of a sucker for pot humor, and it was well done here. He was an idiot as always, but I found it so charming. Something about Randy being this super gung-ho farmer really just fucking worked. Also I'm so glad they brought back Towelie for reasons that made tons of sense with his character. Him as a pot inspector is a great use of established characters; I'm glad they brought him back as it made sense instead of creating a new character to fill the role.

Something Trey and Matt have seriously struggled with in recent years are running jokes. A perfect example of how bad they can get is the period joke from Dead Kids where it just gets used over and fucking over again and it just wasn't funny in the first place. The Two Princes hemp hat, the vaping Kool-Aid man, and Cartman and Butters one-upping Kyle were all hilarious. Maybe it's because all of them weren't beaten into the fucking ground and used more conservatively, but they were all really funny and memorable. A lot of the other jokes worked well too.

And then there's the satire. While it wasn't super thought-provoking or great, the jabs were still very fun, at all the stupid fucking "flavors" of vapes there are and all the ridiculously stupid names to the jabs at Colorado legalizing marijuana, it was all done very well. I enjoyed The Problem With A Poo, but this one was definitely better in my eyes. For fuck's sake I might say this one is as good if not better than Put It Down. I don't want to get my hopes up going forward, but yeah, this was seriously a fucking great episode. Easy 9-10/10.

Edited by CyanideFishbone