• Advertisement

My mom thinks I'm crazy

WWESpongefan

My mom is thinking about getting me "Help" because I don't act girly, and because I'm still into watching Spongebob. So what if I've written my own Spongebob stories since 2007. It doesn't mean that I need help. If I need "Help" then she needs "Help" too. She thinks I'm too childish. Why doesn't anyone understand me! :mad: Does anyone else deal with this stuff? :scratch:

Tell you what. Every single person in this world is different. I for one think that, as a person, you are awesome and I love the fact that you like Spongebob at your age. I'm gonna be 16 in February, and my mom says stuff like "You're gonna be watching Spongebob on your honeymoon if you keep this up!" I just laugh and brush it off knowing that I am a unique person, as are you and everyone else in this world. I hope things with you and your mom get better. If you want, tell her how you feel.

:sbdance:

Haha, I know plenty of people my age that love SpongeBob. Maybe they don't watch it as much as the people on this forum, but there's something about SpongeBob that tons of people can enjoy no matter what their age. Your mom really should not be that judgmental, especially to her own daughter. And about you not being girly, just... wow. I don't know much about your mother so I guess I'll do what she's failed to and reserve further judgment about her.

There really is nothing wrong with older people liking stuff that appear to be childish. As long as you're getting good grades in school and you're not on the path of becoming a lazy bum, your mother shouldn't be judgmental on the things you like. At least you're not doing drugs.

Since you're almost an adult, WWE, I want to let you know that even though your parents have a big influence on your life, they cannot always control who you are. It's up to you to decide what you're going to do with your future, and that also means you shouldn't let anyone else tell you what you should and shouldn't like. You are who you are.

Boy, if I had a nickel :P

When I got really into SpongeBob when I was 18 I got all sorts of weird looks from my relatives, obviously they didn't understand that something as simple as a cartoon could make me happy and that I didn't need to be doing what girls my age usually do in order to feel good about myself. Yeah of course there were jokes about "SpongeBob is your boyfriend then" bahaha, but one just brushes that off. If you're not doing anything wrong and are not hurting anyone then why stop? Try talking to your mom, and hey you can even use us as an example so she can see you're not the only one! lol

I've been called crazy by people all around but I don't care what they think, cuz I prefer being crazy and spontaneous, than being boring and just "normal". Embrace what you are, girl, and be proud of it :)

Srsly, what Seb and Jell said. As long as you're not going down some dark path full of even worse habits, then just enjoy being who you are. Your mom needs to chill and consider the fact that you are doing well for yourself despite the whole Spongebobbiness and all that other jazz she gets after you on. You could had end up being a lot worse, trust me.

My mom is thinking about getting me "Help" because I don't act girly, and because I'm still into watching Spongebob. So what if I've written my own Spongebob stories since 2007. It doesn't mean that I need help. If I need "Help" then she needs "Help" too. She thinks I'm too childish. Why doesn't anyone understand me! :mad: Does anyone else deal with this stuff? :scratch:
Your mom is crazy :scratch: .

Moved to Off-Topic Forum.

I really hope my mom isn't serious about it. If she is then all I have to say is "Good luck with that." I really don't think anyone can change me. Now she's wanting me to go to the prom. It is not something I'm looking forward to. She's trying to get me a prom dress. :P I've got to get me a job before then.

If you are happy with yourself, then your parents should be too. They will love you no matter what decisions you make, as long as they aren't too concerning like drugs or anything like that. Even then, a parent's love is unconditional. It sounds like your mom is just trying to push her ways onto you, but if she sees that you are unhappy, then I am pretty sure she will understand.