• Advertisement

Bullying

Jjs Goodman

I'd be a liar if I said I haven't hassled a few people in my life, and I'd be lying again if I said I haven't been hassled myself. Currently, I only dick around with people who really deserve to be dicked around with, like other more hostile people. The way I see it, people can do whatever they want to stop bullying but bullying will never cease to exist.

A really heartbreaking issue. Its gotten to the point where Man Made/Humanity Advancements (Internet, Cell Phones) are used to bully others.

This brings me back to my initial senior year in high school. I had this one science teacher who I had previously in my Sophomore year. He was an old guy and nobody ever took him seriously or gave him the time of day. The students were just cruel to the guy, locking him in his own work closet on a few occasions, jacked his chair and left it all around campus just as much, raided his grade book while he was preoccupied with helping the few students who actually came to learn, one time they even trashed the guy's lunch for God's sake. The guy never caufght a break at all. I'd be a liar if I said I never hassled him myself during all my time in his class, but I didn't do anything nearly as bad as most kids did and because of that, he was one of the few teachers I actually tried to "befriend", I guess. I actually showed up for his classes, not just because it was pretty cruise but I wanted to atleast have the guy's back when shit went down. He became sort of a like a granddad to me by the end of sophomore year. He really invested time to help me get by, and God knows I needed to get by. He was a true teacher who would help out any student who was there to learn, but not just the ones who were there to learn, he even reached out to the dick heads who would hassle him almost everyday and if that aint dedication, most teachers I know wouldnt give that bunch the time and day. Its a shame too, I don't even think majority of the school staff paid old man any mind either, or else they would have done something to at least help the poor old man control these animals. Hell, a few of my other teachers would talk stink about him behind his back while I was in their class.

By my initial senior year, I'd like to say I matured by then and actually took his class seriously going through the whole year because God knows I needed to get serious. Everything was same old, same old, with brat kids giving him flack. I'll never forget one day when I tried to talk story and catch up with him, he didn't remember my name, he like totally forgot who I was. That just broke my heart to know that someone I considered to be like a granddad to me couldn't remember who I was. I didn't know how old he exactly was, but unfortunately, I think he was just...at that age. I remember him announcing to the class that he was actually gonna retire at the end of the year and finally move back home to Fiji to be with his grandchildren. Unfortunately, a few weeks later he was taken out of action due to some kidney problems from what we were told. Not long after, word went out that the poor guy passed away. Of course, I was shaken by this, knowing how close the guy was to spending the rest of his years with his family back home. It just broke my heart even more, and pissed me a lot a hell of a lot more seeing these animals who would give him shit on a daily basis suddenly feel remorse for their actions only now that he was dead. The guy deserved better than what a lot of people gave him. He also deserved a proper sendoff considering how many years he put into teaching. Hell, the guy deserved a damn parade or at least some sort of assembly tribute, but nothing really happened. I guess they just wanted us to move on from there, but he deserved at least something. The man was one of the more dedicated teachers I came across during my last few years in school and this was just bullying at it's lowest form in my eyes. Even the old are susceptible to it and it really just sickens me now to think back to then and still see some of these old people now get stepped on by younger people just because they're, well, old.

R.I.P. Bukz, you were a good teacher and one hell of a human being.

Damn OMJ that is pretty deep stuff!

Bullying is some horrible stuff. Can't really say that I remember intentionally bullying someone, but I was a victim of bullying during most of middle school.

Every day, this kid name Rodney use to always beat me up in the hallways. He said if I told anyone, then he would give me the worst beat down of my life. I was scared to tell anyone, until the day finally came where a teacher saw him twist my arm and shove me down. He got suspended for a week and after that he avoided me in the hallways in fear of getting suspended.

Then in high school, he started to give me a hard time again for the first week of high school. Then I finally snapped and punched him in the locker room during gym. Gave him a black eye and once again, he left me alone. Don't know whatever happened to Rodney, but good fucking riddance.

That is why I am so outspoken about fighting, cyber-bullying, etc. whenever I see it. I just think back to those years of hell I went through with Rodney in middle school. No one deserves to be a victim of bullying.