• Advertisement

Republican 2012 Presidential Candidates

Clappy

There is only one rule for this thread. No trolling. By that I mean "Who gives a shit? Obama rules LOLOLOL!" You are allowed to favor a democratic view, but no political bias bashing of the other party. Same goes for if you have a republican view. I just don't want this thread to break out in a fight. I want to have a serious discussion, but this is politics, so it won't surprise me if this gets locked for fighting. Anywho, let's give it a shot.

Here are the potential candidates for the Republican side:

-Mitt Romney

-Ron Paul

-Rick Santorum

-Newt Gingrich

-Rick Perry

-Jon Huntsman

-Michelle Bachmann

Now of all these names, the top three have the most potential to win the slot. The other three have been falling behind as of late in the polls. Gingrich and Santorum have always been in the middle of the pack, with Santorum picking up lots of momentum lately to emerge. Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have been in it since the beginning and I think it is highly possible that one of those two will be the Republican candidate with Santorum being the possible wild card in all this.

As for me? I am thinking that Mitt Romney is going to be the Republican candidate that runs against Obama next election. However, this is not clear since this is anyone's race at the moment.

Gingrich is the one candidate that annoys me the least.

IMO, if anyone should be going up against Obama, it's either him, Huntsman or Romney.

Doesn't mean much, though-- I am a bit of a liberal after all :3

Hope Obama wins!
You know this topic is about the Republican primaries...right? :P

Anywho, Mitt Romney won New Hampshire the other day. I didn't realize how many people supported Huntsman, since he was second runner-up. I guess he might not be entirely out of it just yet.