• Advertisement

Ask Jeeves

Timmy Vermicelli

7 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I was actually hoping to develop it as a film script, but I thought it was too high of an ambition, so I decided to develop it into a novel instead?

Hey, that's been my general plan for a while too! It could potentially mean more money for your pocket if it does take off, so I'd say live the dream.

So I came up with the plot of Satan's Samurai Stripper.

Spoiler

A stripper, whose name is not revealed throughout, works as a contract killer on the side to earn a bit of extra cash. A powerful mob boss ends up hearing about her and feels threatened because her perfect killing streak makes the protection racket he's set up throughout the city pointless (and thus losing valuable "clients" and more importantly their money). So in an effort to discover the reasons why she has superhuman abilities and immortality, he discovers the stripper is part of an order (not a cult, I want to emphasize) that worships the devil - it turns out they're actually decent, if scary from the outset, people; they avert the vast majority, if not all of, the typical "Hollywood Satanism" cliches, resembling something between a Western magical order and a Buddhist temple. The mob boss has them killed anyway, then for good measure kills the stripper's martial arts and swordsmaster in order to send a "message". The stripper, of course, responds by going on a Kill Bill-style rampage through the mob's organization, killing the top-level enforcers one by one before confronting the mob boss in a traditional Japanese duel.

Sound grindhousey enough, braddah? :funny:

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

So I came up with the plot of Satan's Samurai Stripper.

Hide contents

A stripper, whose name is not revealed throughout, works as a contract killer on the side to earn a bit of extra cash. A powerful mob boss ends up hearing about her and feels threatened because her perfect killing streak makes the protection racket he's set up throughout the city pointless (and thus losing valuable "clients" and more importantly their money). So in an effort to discover the reasons why she has superhuman abilities and immortality, he discovers the stripper is part of an order (not a cult, I want to emphasize) that worships the devil - it turns out they're actually decent, if scary from the outset, people; they avert the vast majority, if not all of, the typical "Hollywood Satanism" cliches, resembling something between a Western magical order and a Buddhist temple. The mob boss has them killed anyway, then for good measure kills the stripper's martial arts and swordsmaster in order to send a "message". The stripper, of course, responds by going on a Kill Bill-style rampage through the mob's organization, killing the top-level enforcers one by one before confronting the mob boss in a traditional Japanese duel.

Sound grindhousey enough, braddah? :funny:

Move over Lone Wolf and Cub, SHE really lives on the Demon Way in Hell.

Well, it takes some influence from Wes Craven's "The People Under the Stairs", and involves archetypical horror characters (promiscuous cheerleader, arrogant jock, nerdy guy, virgin girl, etc.) venturing into the seemingly abandoned Addams mansion only to be treated as guests by the titular family.

Only, unfortunately, what (for the Addamses) counts as hospitality is...well, pretty fuckin deadly for these archetypical characters.

And the thing is, the family still keep their generally non-malicious personalities; they're killing their "guests" entirely by accident, and they treat the deaths as more of a "Well, this is unfortunate" sort of thing?

8 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Well, it takes some influence from Wes Craven's "The People Under the Stairs", and involves archetypical horror characters (promiscuous cheerleader, arrogant jock, nerdy guy, virgin girl, etc.) venturing into the seemingly abandoned Addams mansion only to be treated as guests by the titular family.

Only, unfortunately, what (for the Addamses) counts as hospitality is...well, pretty fuckin deadly for these archetypical characters.

And the thing is, the family still keep their generally non-malicious personalities; they're killing their "guests" entirely by accident, and they treat the deaths as more of a "Well, this is unfortunate" sort of thing?

There’s certainly some legs on this one

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sauce Mama said:

Holy shit dude your scary story....hahaha i was both amused by the fact that consummate was a play on words to "consume your mate" LMAOOO and just creeped the fuck out when she was eating him. A great Halloween read indeed?

Why ma’am I’m flattered :funny: glad you enjoyed and got a kick out of it! 

Holy shiz, I found an album that (for lack of a better term) makes The Shaggs' Philosophy of the World more accessible. Like...compare this...

to this?:

Like, I'm thinking, "THIS is what it should've sounded like if these girls had more experience and a less demanding dad!" Granted, there are still quirks and intricacies of you really listen, but it's overall way more garage-y pop/rock?

On 10/22/2020 at 10:07 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Holy shiz, I found an album that (for lack of a better term) makes The Shaggs' Philosophy of the World more accessible. Like...compare this...

to this?:

Like, I'm thinking, "THIS is what it should've sounded like if these girls had more experience and a less demanding dad!" Granted, there are still quirks and intricacies of you really listen, but it's overall way more garage-y pop/rock?

Crazy what a difference more focus and experience can make.

On 10/23/2020 at 5:59 PM, Sauce Mama said:

So I know you enjoy writing...but in your spare time have you ever tried to write a song before?

The closest things would be any crappy bop I would come up with as a kid :Laugh: other than that, I can’t really say that I sat down and made a serious go at writing one before.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Dark said:

other than that, I can’t really say that I sat down and made a serious go at writing one before.

I'm trying to write songs too, and it's not as easy as you think

Thankfully, I'm learning music theory to make it easier (speaking of, I need to get back on that)? Also, ever heard of this dude Nobunny?

22 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

I'm trying to write songs too, and it's not as easy as you think

Thankfully, I'm learning music theory to make it easier (speaking of, I need to get back on that)? Also, ever heard of this dude Nobunny?

Good luck with that, mah boi.

and This is the first time I'm hearing of em.

10 hours ago, Dr. Dark said:

and This is the first time I'm hearing of em.

Yeah, hiis music was featured in GTA V, which is really surprising because he's an uber-obscure artist? Like one of those artists only your trashy garage rock-loving hipster friends know?

7 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Yeah, hiis music was featured in GTA V, which is really surprising because he's an uber-obscure artist? Like one of those artists only your trashy garage rock-loving hipster friends know?

Rockstar Games is usually pretty good at plucking out obscure artists for their soundtracks. Didn't know he got featured in GTA V with all the time I've put into that game. I should look more into their soundtrack.